Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've found this thread only today (I have the mk808 for about 2 weeks), but I'm happy, that CWM recovery exists to this device. CWM recovery alread helped me to avoid some "heart attacks", when I tried something with my phone, and it didn't succed
    Of course, it's not a replacement to Titanium Backup.

Comment

Re: CWM recovery for rk3066 devices.

Originally posted by vlevi View Post
      I've found this thread only today (I have the mk808 for about 2 weeks), but I'm happy, that CWM recovery exists to this device. CWM recovery alread helped me to avoid some "heart attacks", when I tried something with my phone, and it didn't succed
      Of course, it's not a replacement to Titanium Backup.
      For me is better than titanium for panic moments, when I really need my device and my experiments hang it is so easy enter in recovery and restore a working moment in 5 minutes with all working and configure property
      REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
      My devices:
      Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
      MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
      Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
      Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
      Gearbest.com)
      MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
      Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
      Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

"better than titanium for panic moments"
        I agree. When I try something new on my phone, the first thing is CWM backup.
        if it fails, or don't like it, CWM restore, and I get back my previous phone.
        Titanium Backup, on the other hand, useful, if I change the ROM, but I want to restore applications and settings. Mostly web browser bookmarks, passwords, etc. And of course I don't want to start Angry Birds over and over again

Comment

install cwm-stock menu and how to navigate

I have a mk808b rk903 rooted with stock rom and stock recovery.
          I have Petrus's reboot app installed.
          I want to install cwm by means of renaming cwm.zip to update.zip via external sd as explained in first post.
          First of all I want to backup my system by means of stock recovery.
          I use Petrus's reboot and choose recovery .
          System reboots I seen Android and red exclamation mark but no menu. I have a usb mouse connected but cannot see any mouse arrow? How do I navigate? Should the standard recovery menu appear automatically? After a few minutes system reboots normally
          Pls any help would be great
          Thanx

Comment

Originally posted by smbs View Post
            I have a mk808b rk903 rooted with stock rom and stock recovery.
            I have Petrus's reboot app installed.
            I want to install cwm by means of renaming cwm.zip to update.zip via external sd as explained in first post.
            First of all I want to backup my system by means of stock recovery.
            I use Petrus's reboot and choose recovery .
            System reboots I seen Android and red exclamation mark but no menu. I have a usb mouse connected but cannot see any mouse arrow? How do I navigate? Should the standard recovery menu appear automatically? After a few minutes system reboots normally
            Pls any help would be great
            Thanx
            From stock recovery you can't backup anything. And when you install the update.zip it makes a copy of your original recovery in the sdcard.
            My devices:
            Gearbest.com)
            Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

CWM recovery for rk3066 devices.

Thanx for quick reply.
              U mention that I must say "yes" to update.zip. How do I choose yes without mouse working?
              Thanx

Comment

Thanx for quick reply.
                U mention that I must say "yes" to update.zip. How do I choose yes without mouse working?
                Thanx
                Download cwm recovery for your device.
                Rename it to update.zip.
                Copy it to your sdcard.
                Insert sdcard in the device.
                A dialogue box appears asking if you want to use uptate.zip.
                Say yes.
                The stick reboots automatically.
                You enter in recovery mode.

No need to reboot using petrus reboot.apk for install recovery. Pls only follow this steps. And say in what step you get stucked
                My devices:
                Gearbest.com)

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
                  Download cwm recovery for your device.
                  Rename it to update.zip.
                  Copy it to your sdcard.
                  Insert sdcard in the device.
                  A dialogue box appears asking if you want to use uptate.zip.
                  Say yes.
                  The stick reboots automatically.
                  You enter in recovery mode.

No need to reboot using petrus reboot.apk for install recovery. Pls only follow this steps. And say in what step you get stucked
                  Great now I get it! -its late now and have to go to work tomorrow so I will try it tomorrow night & let you know how it goes.(not sure where I read that I have to reboot into recovery which is not required)
                  Once again many thanx for your patience!
                  Steven

Comment

Great now I get it! -its late now and have to go to work tomorrow so I will try it tomorrow night & let you know how it goes.(not sure where I read that I have to reboot into recovery which is not required)
                    Once again many thanx for your patience!
                    Steven
                    No problem
                    The reboot.apk by petrus is to enter in recovery latter, once it is installed.
                    My devices:
                    Gearbest.com)

Comment

the only issue with the cwm backup is, that every backup is named 1970.01.01 00.00.00 . This is because, cwm gets the backup name from the internal clock, and these devices does not have battery for the clock. So, if you do backups, you should rename them manually.

Comment

Originally posted by vlevi View Post
                        the only issue with the cwm backup is, that every backup is named 1970.01.01 00.00.00 . This is because, cwm gets the backup name from the internal clock, and these devices does not have battery for the clock. So, if you do backups, you should rename them manually.
                        Yes you are right.
                        My devices:
                        Gearbest.com)

Comment

Ok. If i understood well. The final MK808B_CWM.zip file (changed to update.zip) must contain: (i have mk808b original tv stick)

1) META-INF folder
                          2) boot+kernel+misc+system img files from the rom that we want to update with
                          3) recovery and flash image (as they are in folder)

please correct me if i am wrong. My question is

1) Can i use this method to update from official firmware (i now have official 401 j1 #26) to any bob's finless using the boot+kernel+misc+system img files from bob's rom ?

2) In order to update to any official rom, do i need this method?

I am a little confused here..

Thanks
                          Last edited by Haris1977; 03-21-2013, 10:02.

Comment

Originally posted by Haris1977 View Post
                            Ok. If i understood well. The final MK808B_CWM.zip file (changed to update.zip) must contain: (i have mk808b original tv stick)

1) META-INF folder
                            2) boot+kernel+misc+system img files from the rom that we want to update with
                            3) recovery and flash image (as they are in folder)

please correct me if i am wrong. My question is

1) Can i use this method to update from official firmware (i now have official 401 j1 #26) to any bob's finless using the boot+kernel+misc+system img files from bob's rom ?

2) In order to update to any official rom, do i need this method?

I am a little confused here..

Thanks
                            No. To install cwm recovery you need to install the zip like you download it, without modifications, only rename it to update.zip , no more changes. To install roms using cwm method, you must first install the cwm like I suggested in this first post. Then you must follow the other guide to make cwm flashable zips.
                            If you are in stock rom I suggest you first install a Bob Rom following the indications he gives you in the readme inside his download. To correct partitions size (I can't do that from cwm recovery). Once you installed it, you can install the cwm recovery, and from this point you can update roms from cwm. But first time is better to do that from Finless.
                            My devices:
                            Gearbest.com)

Comment

I see.

Another question: I 've downloaded reboot.apk from here

which has an option for reboot into CWM. So if i manage to create the CWM_ROM_zip.zip file like you have said in this topic

would i be able to do flash the zip file with CWM option?? (if i already have finles bob i mean, not now)
                              Last edited by Haris1977; 03-21-2013, 13:12.

Comment

Originally posted by Haris1977 View Post
                                I see.

Another question: I 've downloaded reboot.apk from here

which has an option for reboot into CWM. So if i manage to create the CWM_ROM_zip.zip file like you have said in this topic

would i be able to do flash the zip file with CWM option?? (if i already have finles bob i mean, not now)
                                1 install Bob Finless rom.
                                2 rename cwm for your device to update.zip
                                3. Copy it to a sdcard.
                                4. Insert sdcard in the stick
                                5 a pop up mesagge apears in your stick. Say yes to install update.
                                6 wait untill your stick boot in recovery
                                From there instal the CWM_ROM_zip.zip follow all the steps I give you in my other thread.
                                Reboot.
                                New Rom flashed.
                                Bob Finless includes in his roms the stock recovery.
                                My devices:
                                Gearbest.com)

Comment

Working...
                                X