X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, now I get it.
    Thanks again for all the answers.
    I won't bother you again. At least not until next week! Only if i get a bad backup again.
    I will be using a newly formatted 4GB external sd card. Formatted using NTFS.

Comment

Re: CWM recovery for rk3066 devices.

Dont worry, if you have some more questions I Will try to help
      REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
      My devices:
      Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
      MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
      Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
      Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
      Gearbest.com)
      MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
      Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
      Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
        Dont worry, if you have some more questions I Will try to help
        ok. it worked but i can only backup to internal sd card.
        if select backup to external sd card nothing happens.

i then use pc to transfer the clockworkmod folder to external sd card
        then when i select restore from external sd card it say cannot find the card.
        i try mount external sd card it say cannot mount it.

When 1st time i used cwm to backup my stock rom, i can backup to external sd card.
        so why now cannot?

Comment

How is formated your sdcard?
          It must be fat32. If not you will have problems
          My devices:
          Gearbest.com)
          Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

The version of CWM that I use with my MK809ii also cannot back-up to the external SD card and it is unable to mount it to do so.

I've formatted it within the stick and via windows to fat32 but it does not work.

I just back-up to the internal SD and then copy it to my PC.
            R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

CWM recovery for rk3066 devices.

That is a better plan anyway because of corruption issues with external sd on 3066 processors. When you want to restore, just copy it back to internal sd.

Randy
              Randy
              Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
              Read my BIO Here
              Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
              Donate here

Comment

How is formated your sdcard?
                It must be fat32. If not you will have problems
                oh i see. i did say in post #166 i formatting it to ntfs.

anyway, i will copy the cwm folder to my pc, reformat ext. sd using fat32 and try to restore from ext sd.

btw, this time i got an extra file in cwm>backup folder nandroid md5 file.
                did not get this file while backing up the stock rom previously.
                so it's likely due to fat32 formatting and this md5 file i cannot restore the stock rom backup.

UPDATE
                ok now can backup to ext sd(fat 32) but cannot restore from ext sd(fat 32).
                keep giving md5 mismatch after i select the Go Back item in the menu.
                I even backup another copy using ext sd formatted to Fat32. Still cannot restore from ext sd.

so looks like need to copy backup to internal sd before can restore.

UPDATE 2
                Well DID NOT WORK.
                Cannot even restore from internal sd card
                1. backup was made with external sd card formatted to fat32
                2. backup was made by backing up directly to internal sd card
                Both do not work.
                The same md5 mismatch error happen everytime when nothing happens after the message checking md5 sum.... comes up after selecting Restore- Yes.

i am using cwm v6.0.3.1 for MK808

Any ideas?
                Last edited by atac5922; 05-27-2013, 16:50.

Comment

Originally posted by atac5922 View Post

anyway, i will copy the cwm folder to my pc, reformat ext. sd using fat32 and try to restore from ext sd.

so it's likely due to fat32 formatting and this md5 file i cannot restore the stock rom backup.

UPDATE
                  I even backup another copy using ext sd formatted to Fat32. Still cannot restore from ext sd.

UPDATE 2
                  Well DID NOT WORK.
                  Both do not work.
                  The same md5 mismatch error happen everytime when nothing happens after the message checking md5 sum.... comes up after selecting Restore- Yes.

Any ideas?
                  Out of ideas never had this problem
                  My devices:
                  Gearbest.com)

Comment

Out of ideas never had this problem
                    So the conclusion after all these is:

CWM is NOT compatible with Finless 2.1?!

Well, so be it.

Are there any other ways to backup a rom? OR
                    Backup the apks and data only will do too since flashing a fresh copy of a custom/stock is relatively easy.

BTW, i notice in Super manage apk there is a utility for backup apks and also rom.
                    on backup got a .smbk file for rom and a MyApk folder for installed apks.
                    Will try those method instead.

Comment

So the conclusion after all these is:

CWM is NOT compatible with Finless 2.1?!

Well, so be it.

Are there any other ways to backup a rom? OR
                      Backup the apks and data only will do too since flashing a fresh copy of a custom/stock is relatively easy.
                      For me is working great in Finless 2.1 in my mk808b(rk903), both external and internal sdcard backup and restore works. Actually I am trying to compile kernels with the 3.0.36 sources and I use it a lot of times for day cause all my tries are fails.
                      My devices:
                      Gearbest.com)

Comment

UPDATE

UPDATE 2
                        Well DID NOT WORK.
                        Both do not work.

Any ideas?
                        The MD5 mismatch issue is easy to resolve as I always rename my back-ups and have to go through the following process to enable it to restore again.

Firstly edit the nandroid.md5 file such that is is blank and contains no text.
                        Then ensure that your clockworkmod recovery folder has no spaces anywhere in the name, so use underscores if you want to make it more readable if you have renamed it.

Works every time without fail on restore.
                        Last edited by bluesmanuk; 05-27-2013, 19:10. Reason: spelling error

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
                          The MD5 mismatch issue is easy to resolve as I always rename my back-ups and have to go through the following process to enable it to restore again.

Then ensure that your clockworkmod recovery folder has no spaces anywhere in the name, so use underscores if you want to make it more readable if you have renamed it.

Good tip I didn't know that, thanks.
                          My devices:
                          Gearbest.com)

Comment

Great!. Thanks bluesmanuk.
                            Will try it this weekend on mk808 and mk808b.
                            So it seems there is still hope for my mk808 stock rom backup previously.
                            There was no nandroid.md5 file for my stock rom backup. How do i create one? Use notepad create empty text file and rename to nandroid.md5? will that work?
                            or use nandroid.md5 file from finless 2.1 backup to edit it?
                            well will try this weekend.

do you restore from ext. sd card or int. sd card?

Comment

Great!. Thanks bluesmanuk.
                              Will try it this weekend on mk808 and mk808b.
                              So it seems there is still hope for my mk808 stock rom backup previously.
                              There was no nandroid.md5 file for my stock rom backup. How do i create one? Use notepad create empty text file and rename to nandroid.md5? will that work?
                              or use nandroid.md5 file from finless 2.1 backup to edit it?
                              well will try this weekend.

do you restore from ext. sd card or int. sd card?
                              The fact that you don't have a nandroid.md5 file in the backup folder does make me begin to speculate as to whether you may have a failed backup although I'm guessing that you have little or nothing to lose.

Looking at one of your earlier posts, you listed the files in your backup folder, which is less than I get in mine.

I know that there are different flavours of CWM out there, so I don't know whether some work in slightly different ways.

I know the latest versions work in a way that they essentially create incremental backups each time so as to reduce disk space but the folder structure is different so I think that you are probably using an older type like me.

Yes, I can't see any reason why you just can't create one yourself using notepad. Just make sure that it does not add .txt in the file name.

Recently I have generally tended to restore from the internal card as CWM has been a little hit and miss with backing up to the external but in theory, as long as it will backup, it should restore from the same location.

Fingers crossed and good luck.
                              Last edited by bluesmanuk; 06-07-2013, 19:23. Reason: updated info

Comment

The fact that you don't have a nandroid.md5 file in the backup folder does make me begin to speculate as to whether you may have a failed backup although I'm guessing that you have little or nothing to lose.

Looking at one of your earlier posts, you listed the files in your backup folder, which is less than I get in mine.

I know that there are different flavours of CWM out there, so I don't know whether some work in slightly different ways.

I know the latest versions work in a way that they essentially create incremental backups each time so as to reduce disk space but the folder structure is different so I think that you are probably using an older type like me.

Yes, I can't see any reason why you just can't create one yourself using notepad. Just make sure that it does not add .txt in the file name.

Recently I have generally tended to restore from the internal card as CWM has been a little hit and miss with backing up to the external but in theory, as long as it will backup, it should restore from the same location.

Fingers crossed and good luck.
                                Thanks for the quick reply.

I am using v6.0.3.1 which is the latest from the download site.
                                I had tried with the MK808B backing up and restoring from int sd and it works fine.
                                Tomorrow i will try to restore my MK808 using stock rom backup without the original nandroid.md5(actually with a nandroid.md5 file created using a md5 checksum software after deleting the content). Now after thinking about it i may ahve missed something previously. Probably the path to the backup folder was wrong thats why it could not be restored. previously i have the backuped stock rom in the renamed folder only. maybe it should be /sd_ext/clockworkmod/backup/stockrom_backup.
                                will try it first.

when i did the mk808b cwm install using update.zip i got a dump_recovery.img file in int. sd root folder.
                                I suppose that is the stock recovery.img file.

For info, my stock rom is v4.2.2 and its now flashed to Finless 2.1. From Bob's readme file i am not too clear if i need to first reflashed it with Finless 2.1 using the original parameter file first before attempting to restore stock rom. He was saying he did some changes to the parameter sizes. Not too sure what is that?
                                Hope i don't brick the mk808.

Comment

Working...
                                X