X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by balbes150 View Post
    How will time check.
    http://linuxtv.org/downloads/drivers...LATEST.tar.bz2 This is a complete package Dw2102.c joined the patch

Comment

I'll check.

Comment

it is possible to use it with Tronsmart S95 Pro?

Comment

Yes, it works on all S95 models. Follow the Telos procedure from the first page of this thread. Then when the SD card is done, simply replace the existing dtb.img, with the one for the Pro, found here.

Comment

Hi. On the website and WiKi have been some changes. Please fix the manual.

Comment

OpenElec Tronsmart s95 Telos, Meta and Pro, Updated
              treboR
              Please consider
              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Hey, first timer here. I purchased the Tronsmart S95 Telos as a possible means of using it to run a Plex endpoint. This is my first ever Android TV box. I also bought an rPi 3 to do that job for comparison. It's currently running RasPlex on OpenElec, and seems to work well enough to satisfy, but I also want to be able to do other things with the Tronsmart box, not just watch TV with it. I would love to be able to get Debian running on it for example. However, I need to start somewhere and it was the mention of OpenElec and giggle that led me here

My newbie question: Where to start with it all?

I have just received the box today, it's still in it's wrapper. Would you guys be in need of an original untouched image file? If so, how do I go about dumping it? Serial port? Or can the box be rooted and the image dumped that way? Please be gentle, this is the first time I have gotten into Android anything...

Comment

I have run Debian 8 on LXDE from SD card. Also Ubuntu. ALT Linux is also available. Balbes150, the guy behind OpenELEC and Linux on the S95 has made this fairly easy to do. Installed versions may come later.

Comment

That's encouraging to hear. I'm not a coder or I would have been into all this stuff much, much earlier no doubt. I'm more into the hardware side of things. So how do I dump the original image from this thing just in case things go pear shaped? Has anyone written up a couple of how to's or tut's that I can follow to get me going?

Comment

Just download a copy of the stock ROM from Tronsmart and then you will always have one ready to reinstall.

http://forum.tronsmart.com/forum/veg...mware-releases
                      R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
                        Just download a copy of the stock ROM from Tronsmart and then you will always have one ready to reinstall.

http://forum.tronsmart.com/forum/veg...mware-releases
                        Why ? Booting from external media may not affect the internal firmware. You nothing risk.

Comment

Originally posted by pricklypunter View Post
                          That's encouraging to hear. I'm not a coder or I would have been into all this stuff much, much earlier no doubt. I'm more into the hardware side of things. So how do I dump the original image from this thing just in case things go pear shaped? Has anyone written up a couple of how to's or tut's that I can follow to get me going?
                          1. Activate the multi-boot. do this one time.

https://github.com/150balbes/Amlogic...-%D0%B8-USB%29.

2. Download the desired version of the system, connect to the Telos, include Telos, it automatically will boot from external media. You can explore and try loaded system. If you do not like, poweroff Telos, turn off the media, turn on and use the native firmware. You can try any system from external media. The internal firmware is not harmful. You can use multiple systems with different carriers customizing them for different tasks.

https://github.com/150balbes/Amlogic...0%BB%D0%B8-USB.
                          Last edited by balbes150; 04-28-2016, 06:47.

Comment

Check the gold Asia Pacific t230 support thanks

Comment

Originally posted by balbes150 View Post
                              Why ? Booting from external media may not affect the internal firmware. You nothing risk.

More of a belt and braces approach.

Just in case, even if the possibilities are very remote.
                              R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Thanks guys, got it booting OpenElec, going to try the Debian image next, see if I can get a Linux Plex Client up and running on it

Comment

Working...
                                X