This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
    Has anyone tried the amilogic usb tool to write firmware as boot from sd card yet ?

When you try and load the image into the tool it returns error 'parse burning image fail'
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Wait not a lot, I'm working on a universal u-boot. Which will allow to install on internal memory Openelec and Linux etc.

Comment

Gets better all the time.
        Excellent
        Cheers
        treboR
        Please consider
        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

This will answer the hopes of many.
          Balbes150 has expanded the S95's world.
          Good work.

Comment

Originally posted by balbes150 View Post
            Wait not a lot, I'm working on a universal u-boot. Which will allow to install on internal memory Openelec and Linux etc.
            Nice, I shouldn't tell this to wife/children, else I will be nagged to hell until it happen, can't wait to have same approach to Vega S802 (Amlinux.ru/Imagine) the OE is flashed to internal memory but the box is now dead, too bad you won't accept anyway appreciate your efforts.
            Cheers!

Comment

This will be perfect !!

Comment

@baibes150, Thanks for your continuous support and improvement of this build, just a question is it possible to incorporate your build in such a manner http://devupdate.leopold.me.uk/, in that any future update would prompt users for upgrade once it is ready for use.

Thanks

Comment

I've been struggling to get openelec to boot on my MXQ Pro+box and need some confirmation. The SD has been formatted prior to copying and pasting the required files.For setting up dual boot I put update.uboot.7z (renamed to zip) and from the meta file I put S905_uboot_vega_s95_vega.zip as shown on post 10 onto the sd card. I boot the box, insert the SD and then go to update and backup and then to select. Both files are there and I select the update.uboot file.

I started the update, the screen went blank and then TWRP opened and there was an error - update failed. I did this a second time and TWRP opened with same error. I'm not sure why TWRP opens, but because it does I can't proceed. Do I need to flash the original recovery on the MXQ Pro+ to get this update done, or is there something else I need to do.

Any help is appreciated.
                  I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.
                  Ron White

Comment

from meta file You must download aml.autoscript and putt on sd card together with update.uboot.zip

then go in update and backup , select etc etc

or try with another sd card, usb key ...

Comment

I have tried 3 different cards and put these exactly named files on - aml_autoscript from the Meta folder and update_uboot.7z . I copy them to the card but update and backup doesn't see either file either after a reboot and inserting the sd card, or rebooting with the sd card inserted. I have also done the same by renaming update_boot.7z to .zip and it does not show in update and backup. I must be missing something simple here, but I can't figure it out.

Thoughts/help!
                      I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.
                      Ron White

Comment

Hello Doggyofone, The file update_u-boot.7z is a compressed(zip) file containing two files, aml_autoscript and aml_autoscript.zip. Unzip the contents of update_u-boot.7z to your SD card.
                        So now the SD card has the two files, aml_autoscript and aml_autoscript.zip. No other files are needed on the card for this step.

Boot your box to Android, insert the SD card containing the files(aml_autoscript and aml_autoscript.zip). Open the Update and Backup app, under the Local section click select, locate aml_autoscript.zip click it and select update. Your box will reboot. You won't notice much and it will reboot to Android.
                        That is all for step one, u-boot should now have been modified This is all for step one, go to step 2, to prepare an SD card for the OpenELEC OS.

Comment

Thanks RISCy Dude. I am guessing I got the dual boot working. I burned the openelec img to an SD card and rebooted and the screen stayed blank for a long time and till I gave up. I'm also guessing that now I have to play around with SD cards. I tried a usb card reader, but no go with that. I have an Adata 32gb, a Transcend 8gb and a Patriot 2gb , all Micro sd via an SD adapter. Off to Canada Computers tomorrow. Also thanks for the list of SD cards to try.
                          Ron White

Comment

I'm fairly certain that you will get it going.
                            First boot can take a bit, but if it takes longer than 5-7 minutes, power down and reboot. I have had to do it as many as three times. After a successful boot, it will boot more reliably.
                            Keep us posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggyofone View Post
                              Thanks RISCy Dude. I am guessing I got the dual boot working. I burned the openelec img to an SD card and rebooted and the screen stayed blank for a long time and till I gave up. I'm also guessing that now I have to play around with SD cards. I tried a usb card reader, but no go with that. I have an Adata 32gb, a Transcend 8gb and a Patriot 2gb , all Micro sd via an SD adapter. Off to Canada Computers tomorrow. Also thanks for the list of SD cards to try.
                              I had similar experience, very frustrating, kindly post the type of sdcard that works for you, I will head to Canada Computer to procure sameone, as I have tried with aleast 3 nothing seem to work except for a usb scan disk pro, but this i used for my windows 7 Generic Openelec. So I stayed away from purchasing additional sdcard. i am hopping for OE on internal memory, then I will revisit this subject or when a proven or workable sdcard is posted here then I will go an purchase.
                              Hope it work for you, and I am sure it will be patient.
                              Cheers

Comment

At last SD Card success and openELEC

I was fretting about the SD Card and blank screen again this morning. Last night I tried 3 SD cards and all three through a USB/SD card reader in usb port 4 and then again in 4. I reimaged several times and repeated. Nothing. So I ordered a couple SD cards on line and settled in to wait a week or so. It dawned on me a few minutes ago that I had a second USB/SD card reader, some cheap thing that was thrown in on a purchase of something else. So I plugged it into USB 4 with an imaged 8 gig SD Card and rebooted. It took literally less than a minute to boot up into the openELEC start up screen.
                                Its amazing how reduced the draw is on ram and processor with openELEC.
                                A question, there is a folder named 6.95.3 on the same yandex page which I think is newer than 20160419. The 4 files are in the folder. Can I copy and paste those to the SD Card as an update, or is there a different method?
                                I also noticed that when I updated openELEC with a kodi build called pulse ccm that openelec did not boot up. Just sat with a blank screen. Reimaged and OE booted.
                                Thanks to all that helped and suggested card readers, et all.
                                Last edited by Doggyofone; 06-07-2016, 17:48.
                                Ron White

Comment

Working...
                                X