This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by balbes150 View Post
    Yes, in the 6.95.3 included Openvpn. How it work - I don't know. I don't what to check.
    Thanks balbes150. I rebooted on OE 6.95.3 and then ran installed and ran a great program called vpn manager for openvpn: OpenELEC openvpn manager
    I am set up and running on VPN.
    I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.
    Ron White

Comment

is there anyway of installing directly to the box like all other boxes ?

Comment

Assembled version of OE (for Telos) to be installed in the internal memory (eMMC). BEFORE you install this version in the internal memory of Telos, strongly recommend to make a full backup of the current state of the internal memory, the Telos using a system of ddBR. Installation through the "Update&Backup". The installation zip file here.

Attention. Please note that after the installation of OE to return to Android, you will need to use a USB cable. I recommend to wait the release of the version of the image with OE system ddBR. Then return to Android can be done without a USB cable.

Comment

i have installed your version to the internal memory on the meta and works amazing ... is there an zip i can flash it to the pro version ..... would be greatly appreciated

Comment

That is excellent news minixfreak. I assume you do not have WiFi or BT. Not that I care, just curious.

Great work balbes150.

Comment

yes they work ..... i have two meta version and works good on both so smooth and even plays my 4k movies without a problem unlike android ...... i really would love a pro version tho cause i also have 2 pro version i would love to run as good as the meta now

Comment

I know they work running from SD Card, but are yo saying they work when you installed the Telos version to internal memory? Remote too?
                That would be great.
                Thanks

Comment

Yes remote works too ..... Such a great job ..... no more sd cards .....

Comment

That is a game changer for the S95 Meta and Telos. I hope you get a solution for your Pros.
                    Thanks for your quick replies.

Comment

Yea really pleased with the build .....excellent work balbes150....... revived some new life into my boxes again cause the firmware update suck for these boxes so many issue ... so thanks again balbes150

Comment

Hello minixfreak, Since this Telos file works with both the Telos and the Meta, my guess is it should work with the Pro. In the beginning, his SD OE required copying the dtb file for each model on to the card once it was burned. He later automated this process and from then forward, only his unified image was required, dtb selection was automatic. I assume he is employing that strategy here as well.
                        You may want to wait for balbes150 to confirm this.
                        Cheers.

Comment

I am surprised that the version of the Telos displayed on the Meta. In the regular firmware from these consoles use a different dtb file. I can only assume that the Meta and Telos is the same amount of RAM. So the way to Telos works on Meta. I fear that this image will not work on Pro. Although with some care you can try, but there is a risk to brick. It will require recovery procedures. You can try the Pro version, which I have collected for Spot i7. But be warned, no guarantees that this will work I do not give. All risks on the user.

Comment

Hello balbes150, yes as minixfreak discovered, it is working excellent on the Meta too. Both boxes have 2GB RAM. As you know, Telos use AP6335, Meta use AP6330. Telos storage is 16GB, Meta 8GB.
                            An excellent effort from you on this. Of course, all the work I have seen from you is excellent. You make it so easy for the user. You are going to make many S95 owners very happy. Tronsmart was very wise to get you an S95.
                            I only have one issue, you won't take some reward.
                            Any way to change your mind about that?

Comment

Balbes150, before you made the OpenELEC for rhe i7, I used your S95 Pro OpenELEC on the i7. Only the IR remote did not work. Otherwise, It worked well, so hopefully the reverse will also work.
                              Cheers.

Comment

Hi RISCy Dude. Thanks for the reminder about the remote control. I forgot that they are different. As a workaround, you can copy the correct file via network places on box. In the next image I'll fix it. The main thing to test will work the way from the i7 on the Pro.

About your reward. There are several options ... If you really want to thank me, you can be transferred to the account of the FreakTab website or try to negotiate with the representatives of Transmart that they provided me with models and Meta Pro for testing and debugging.

Comment

Working...
                                X