Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have just installed the .tar update to OE on Telos and now have the CEC pulse error.
    and BT no longer connects or has issues
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Thanks I was a able make the unit recognized zip, another isssue, when the unit reboot it hang then post and error, pls tell me where i have gone wrong

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_16281.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	3.6 KB
ID:	572519

Comment

Required (2) files on SD card
        Boot into Android, insert sd card, In Apps go to update and backup, select the .zip, then click update button.
        You will see first logo a bit of a screen flick then same logo and it will boot to Android Done.

Cheers

treboR
        Please consider
        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by e123enitan View Post
          Thanks I was a able make the unit recognized zip, another isssue, when the unit reboot it hang then post and error, pls tell me where i have gone wrong

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n572519[/ATTACH]
          Hello, Sorry, I cannot see details in the picture you posted, can't see errors.
          Can you post a better pic?

Comment

Originally posted by balbes150 View Post
            BETA file (new test file dtm.img for Telos)

I recommend BEFORE replacing the files to make a full copy of the media. You can use the same software that recorded the image on the medium. But not to capture the image, and to create an image (copy) in your file.
            Linux 4.6 Release Amlogic

• Support for Amlogic S905 SoC and Tronsmart Vega S95 boxes
            • Enable Amlogic Meson GXBaby platform

Comment

Hey guys what is the comparison of using Openelec compared to the standard firmware with Kodi running?
              Is it much better with Openelec?
              Excuse my ignorance as I haven't had a good look at Openelec (yet)

Comment

OpenELEC is a "just enough" OS. This means an OS with only enough functionality to support something like Kodi. This means less overhead and dead weight. So no browser or email app, no office app, no un-needed OS components. This frees up available resources to Kodi, such as RAM.

So theoretically, and likely practically, a box with limited resources, for instance a box with 1GB of RAM, all else being equal, will probably run OE(Kodi) with greater alacrity than Kodi on Android on the same box. OE has other advantages too, like handling some HD audio formats without requiring something like VidOn(S95).

balbes150_has made this easy to play with, and will leave your Android install untouched. So go ahead and give it a spin.
                Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
                  Hello, Sorry, I cannot see details in the picture you posted, can't see errors.
                  Can you post a better pic?

Thanks for your kind support, I think I have succeeded with part 1 installation, although there is no obvious way of validating ( correct me if I am wrong), but what I did noticed was, before the step 1, when I placed SD card into the slot, there is no indication of the screen, but after the step 1 I noticed an icon that displayed, so I am guessing this mean I am Ok with this step.
                  For the second portion OE, when I reboot the unit, it first displayed Tronsmart logo, then the screen went blanked for a long time and never resumed, I must say I followed the same steps that I used on my official Generic OpenElec on Wins 7, so any Idea why it won't boot up OE? or what have I missed.
                  Thanks again.

Comment

As I am not sure where the isssue lies, I thought I provide an update, after the extract follow files were created, dtb, kernel, s905_autoscript and system, after inserting the SD into the unit which fails to launch OE stucked at blank screen, I removed SD after half hr, inside the SD new files are added as follows, .andriod_secure, LOST.DIR
                    Pls help I am going crazy here, could it be something have gone wrong with the first step, but it appears ok, I am going NUT

Thanks

Comment

Hello, There is no noticeable sign that Step one has completed, other than those described in the guide, at least not to my knowledge.

I don't recall which model of S95 you have. If Telos, no change needed after burning the card. If Meta or Pro, the dtb on the card will need to be replaced by the appropriate version. I also don't recall if you are using the SD card slot or a USB reader. If reader or flash drive, try another USB port. If using the card slot, try a card reader in the OTG port. Some cards are finicky .
                      BTW If any card is inserted when Android is running, those files, "andriod_secure, LOST.DIR" will be added, no worries there.

Hang in there, it has got to be something simple. You will get it going soon........DON'T GO NUTS! It will make it harder to communicate a solution.
                      Good luck.

Comment

Yes leave the "Going Nutz" To those of us already living in that state. Stay calm re look at steps see what you missed.
                        Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by e123enitan View Post
                          As I am not sure where the isssue lies, I thought I provide an update, after the extract follow files were created, dtb, kernel, s905_autoscript and system, after inserting the SD into the unit which fails to launch OE stucked at blank screen, I removed SD after half hr, inside the SD new files are added as follows, .andriod_secure, LOST.DIR
                          Pls help I am going crazy here, could it be something have gone wrong with the first step, but it appears ok, I am going NUT

Thanks
                          1. What is your model ?
                          2. What is the image file of Openelec did You use ? 3. If you are upgrading to Update & Backup mode chosen aml_autoscript.zip archive (he could be at the bottom of the list of different files)?

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
                            OpenELEC is a "just enough" OS. This means an OS with only enough functionality to support something like Kodi. This means less overhead and dead weight. So no browser or email app, no office app, no un-needed OS components. This frees up available resources to Kodi, such as RAM.

So theoretically, and likely practically, a box with limited resources, for instance a box with 1GB of RAM, all else being equal, will probably run OE(Kodi) with greater alacrity than Kodi on Android on the same box. OE has other advantages too, like handling some HD audio formats without requiring something like VidOn(S95).

balbes150_has made this easy to play with, and will leave your Android install untouched. So go ahead and give it a spin.
                            Cheers.
                            Thanks RISCy Dude, that's a great description.
                            I shall have a look when I get some time.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by balbes150 View Post
                              1. What is your model ?
                              Meta
                              2. What is the image file of Openelec did You use ?
                              meta_openelc_v20160419.img.7z

3. If you are upgrading to Update & Backup mode chosen aml_autoscript.zip archive (he could be at the bottom of the list of different files)?
                              I used SD Card Fat 32, upgrading as follows: My Apps>Select>(update_uboot.zip) >update

File sources

First : https://yadi.sk/d/gZW-PXc7qU4v7
                              First file : update_uboot.7z, then unzip and repacked as Update_uboot.zip becos meta will not recognized .7z
                              Secondly file : meta_openelec_v20160419.7z

Second Source: https://yadi.sk/d/gZW-PXc7qU4v7/u-bo...ate_env_script
                              aml_autoscript

both update_uboot.zip +aml_autoscript placed in the SD card

What I did noticed was, when I unzipped Update_uboot.7z, there is another aml_autoscrip inside, so I am wondering if the file is not added twice, hope this make sense.

Please let me know where I have gone wrong in the above steps,

Thanks for you supports

Comment

Your steps are valid. The first step can be easier. Download the 7z archive and unpack it on the SD card. On the map there will be two aml_autoscrip file and archive aml_autoscript.zip. Use the map to update. You this step is already completed. Second step. Unpack the archive meta_openelec_v20160419.7z. Get the img file. This file should be saved to the card or USB flash drive with special software on the computer. Pay attention not to copy the img file. Write img file to card or USB flash drive. Manual how to burn img file is in this topic and there is a thread about Linux. After recording the SD card or flash drive, automatically (without Your participation) will appear 4 files. Only then can we connect the card or USB stick to Vega and Vega turn the power on.

Comment

Working...
                                X