Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Odroid C2 image from the hardkernel website will soft-brick any non-hardkernel s95 board (on first boot it overwrites the bootloader on the eMMC). You have to modify it to prevent this.

So it is worth having the backup image. Fixing a broken bootloader isn't too difficult however.

Comment

Can someone post the 2 files that are needed for each step? For some reason, many of the dload links are not working properly. I managed to get the latest OpenElect but not the latest uboot file.

Comment

Go here and get them. Grab the u-boot script from the u-boot folder and you can use it with any SD card update file for the S95.
        For OE, from the OE folder grab the version for you model.
        BTW, The newest OE images are complete, you only need the image for your model and the Win32DiskImager to complete this step, you no longer need to do anything like adding the dtb.img file.

To review...
        Step 1.) aml_autoscript and an SD card update file, for the S95 to do the u-boot mod.

Step 2.) Win32DiskImager and OE image for your model, to make the SD card OE boots/runs from.

Comment

Alright, I got OpenElec going on an SD card but I can't get it to work on a faster USB stick. it just sits at the Tronsmart screen forever. I prepared the USB the same way as the SD card. It's only 8GB so I would expect that it doesn't take too long to prepare the first time around.
          Last edited by hexec; 04-29-2016, 21:01.

Comment

Originally posted by balbes150 View Post
            I'll check.
            Thanks
            Last edited by youpai; 05-02-2016, 06:06.

Comment

BETA_telos_openelec_20160506.7z

Added directory UPDATE. To update existing media - copy the old file kernel.img and SYSTEM in a safe place. Replace them with new versions. This is a test version. Assembled using branches git

GitHub is where people build software. More than 100 million people use GitHub to discover, fork, and contribute to over 420 million projects.

Possible unknown bugs.

Comment

Thanks @balbes50, BETA_telos
                Testing,
                Keyboard logitech k400r all working
                NO detection of internal BT, external dongle 100%
                More as found
                Cheers
                treboR
                Please consider
                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

I found a bug - not working main repository. Fixed. Replaced the dtb file to the new version. To download the whole image is not necessary. It is enough to replace the SYSTEM file. It is located in the directory UPDATE. There you can take a new dtb file to Telos. To change the dtb file is not required, and everything works with the old.

Comment

Thanks In and all Ok so far
                    Cheers

Testing Bt dongle no longer connects,
                    Yahoo weather no longer connects,

Put old system BT connects and Yahoo weather ok ?
                    Last edited by trebor; 05-07-2016, 10:50.
                    treboR
                    Please consider
                    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

BETA file (new test file dtm.img for Telos)

I recommend BEFORE replacing the files to make a full copy of the media. You can use the same software that recorded the image on the medium. But not to capture the image, and to create an image (copy) in your file.

Comment

Help is needed, and thanks in advance, I just did a system updated on meta, everything went smooth, but then followed tOE instructions https://github.com/150balbes/Amlogic...-%28English%29, I grabed these 2 files saved them inside Scandisk Pro 16g, but my issue is I am unable to access the files inde the SD folder, what is interesting is when I check through ES File Explorer the files are inside. Any idea what could have cause the issue and how can I troble shoot, the unit would not recognise the drive when I launched Update&Bacup

Comment

Hello, When using the Update and Backup app, the local update section has a "select" button, the file will be in the list that is presented after clicking "Select".
                          Please review Trebor's guide for preparing the card and the S95 to run OpenELEC. It is updated to reflect recent changes. Also keep an eye on balbes150's recent post, as the developer, his will have the freshest information.
                          Let us know how it goes.
                          Good luck.
                          Last edited by RISCy Dude; 05-14-2016, 21:54.

Comment

BTW, if the file does not show up in the local/select section of the Update and Backup app. Make sure the file ends in ".zip". If it ends in ". 7z", it will need to be extracted. The result of the extraction should be a file ending in ". zip". The Update and Backup app only recognizes zip files.
                            Last edited by RISCy Dude; 05-14-2016, 22:37.

Comment

Thanks Dude, I followed this guide word 4 word http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...smart-vega-s95,
                              My issue is my SD card is not loading, here is how :-MyApp>Update&Backup>select, expect the unit to display SD Card content but it was blank, I tried another card same thing, even tried it on another new meta as I have 3 of this unit, it doesn't seems to work I am not sure how to make this recognized my SD Card.

Comment

What files are on the SD card?

Comment

Working...
                                X