X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by balbes150 View Post
    Your steps are valid.

The first step can be easier. Download the 7z archive and unpack it on the SD card. On the map there will be two aml_autoscrip file and archive aml_autoscript.zip. Use the map to update. You this step is already completed.
    Fine, it looks like the issue lies with the first step, so once the 7z is unpacked into SD, no further file is needed, at the update I just simple select aml_autoscript.zip and allow the unit to perform it task, then I should be good for the second steps.

Second step. Unpack the archive meta_openelec_v20160419.7z. Get the img file. This file should be saved to the card or USB flash drive with special software on the computer. Pay attention not to copy the img file. Write img file to card or USB flash drive. Manual how to burn img file is in this topic and there is a thread about Linux. After recording the SD card or flash drive, automatically (without Your participation) will appear 4 files. Only then can we connect the card or USB stick to Vega and Vega turn the power on.
    I burned the image and got four file no issue as noted in this thread Originally posted by e123enitan View Post
    As I am not sure where the isssue lies, I thought I provide an update, after the extract follow files were created, dtb, kernel, s905_autoscript and system, after inserting the SD into the unit which fails to launch OE stucked at blank screen, I removed SD after half hr, inside the SD new files are added as follows, .andriod_secure, LOST.DIR
    Pls help I am going crazy here, could it be something have gone wrong with the first step, but it appears ok, I am going NUT

Thanks
    Last edited by e123enitan; 05-17-2016, 18:46.

Comment

What SD card are you using ? Some cards do not work well with S905 (especially Kingston). Try to use a USB flash drive. Try to download and burn these options BETA_telos_openelec_old_stable_20160517.img.xz and telos_OpenELEC-Amlogic.aarch64-Vega_S95-6.95.3.img.xz Try to replace the dtb file for this https://yadi.sk/d/gZW-PXc7qU4v7/dtb_files/Meta

Comment

My Apology, I haven't got this issue resolved, it won't just accept any of these options, each fails at rebooting, I am kind of thinking that this unit may have been corrupted, BUT it boot nicely in/out of Android mode, so where is the issue? what prevents OE from loading ,to answer your question I use Scandisk 16GB Extreme Pro UHS-I SDHC U1 Memory Card (Class 10)

I purchase 3 units of s905 looking forward to install OE, trust me OE is the best from my experienced as I flashed OE on SD for Wetek Box, Tronsmart Vega 805 unofficial OE, taken from Amlinux.ru/image and Generic Official Openelec for Wins 7, so I have a fair bit of knowledge of OE for 5yrs. please don't me wrong I am not trying to prove anything, I sincerely appreciate s905 OE and I can't wait to get these units working for my families (especially the kids).

Is it SD Card? as I could't reason out where the issue may have lies, it there a way to obtain log for your review if that would help to determine what actions are perform during the booting process and why it may not boot up OE.

Thanks and most appreciated

Comment

Hello, It is likely some very simple thing. Some of these devices are very picky about brands of cards. I have a card that fails to boot in the card slot, but does boot via USB card reader. For testing, remove other card readers/cards and other USB accessories and disconnect SATA(If Telos).
          The first thing I would do, is try it with the card in a card reader. The second thing I'd do, is repeat the steps on a different card or flash drive. Format the different card to FAT32. Then do Step 1. Once completed, use the same card to do Step 2. Try the card slot and also try from a USB card reader connected to the OTG USB Port(USB closest to the card slot).

Let us know how it goes. Don't despair.

Comment

Originally posted by e123enitan View Post
            My Apology, I haven't got this issue resolved, it won't just accept any of these options, each fails at rebooting, I am kind of thinking that this unit may have been corrupted, BUT it boot nicely in/out of Android mode, so where is the issue? what prevents OE from loading ,to answer your question I use Scandisk 16GB Extreme Pro UHS-I SDHC U1 Memory Card (Class 10)

I purchase 3 units of s905 looking forward to install OE, trust me OE is the best from my experienced as I flashed OE on SD for Wetek Box, Tronsmart Vega 805 unofficial OE, taken from Amlinux.ru/image and Generic Official Openelec for Wins 7, so I have a fair bit of knowledge of OE for 5yrs. please don't me wrong I am not trying to prove anything, I sincerely appreciate s905 OE and I can't wait to get these units working for my families (especially the kids).

Is it SD Card? as I could't reason out where the issue may have lies, it there a way to obtain log for your review if that would help to determine what actions are perform during the booting process and why it may not boot up OE.

Thanks and most appreciated
            You have a USB flash drive with indicator which blinks when accessing the flash drive ?

Comment

A good idea USB with LED tells you if it's a goer or not
              has got me out of trouble a few times..
              Cheers
              treboR
              Please consider
              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Yes, even prevented a suicide. Or at least a boxicide.

Comment

Wire it to wifes blue tooth so it flashs as she gets closer...... 😃
                  Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by balbes150 View Post
                    You have a USB flash drive with indicator which blinks when accessing the flash drive ?
                    Yes I do,

Comment

Does it flash when your box is booting OE from it? Or is it steady on?

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                        Wire it to wifes blue tooth so it flashs as she gets closer...... 😃
                        Some wives have built-in audio proximity warnings. It sounds like this...honnneeey-honneeey.
                        You have probably heard it before. Sometimes it gets really loud.

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
                          Does it flash when your box is booting OE from it? Or is it steady on?
                          I didn't pay attention, I'll check tonight and get back to you, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
                            Some wives have built-in audio proximity warnings. It sounds like this...honnneeey-honneeey.
                            You have probably heard it before. Sometimes it gets really loud.

Comment

New image\file patch DTS-HD

Comment

I feel embarrassed, that I am still on the same issue, let me know if these suggestions will work, first, could someone post the type of SDCARD that works on their unit.
                                secondly, my box model is metal, I am wondering if I reset my unit to factory default and start a fresh will help my situation, and if so what is the step to performing the reset.
                                Also, since I have 3 units of the same kind (meta), could I take a backup of one of the unit once all the settings are completed and just update to the others 2 units

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X