• Time
  • Show
Clear All

glad You managed

now enjoy it

Comment

Originally posted by Doggyofone View Post
      At last SD Card success and openELEC

I was fretting about the SD Card and blank screen again this morning. Last night I tried 3 SD cards and all three through a USB/SD card reader in usb port 4 and then again in 4. I reimaged several times and repeated. Nothing. So I ordered a couple SD cards on line and settled in to wait a week or so. It dawned on me a few minutes ago that I had a second USB/SD card reader, some cheap thing that was thrown in on a purchase of something else. So I plugged it into USB 4 with an imaged 8 gig SD Card and rebooted. It took literally less than a minute to boot up into the openELEC start up screen.
      Its amazing how reduced the draw is on ram and processor with openELEC.
      A question, there is a folder named 6.95.3 on the same yandex page which I think is newer than 20160419. The 4 files are in the folder. Can I copy and paste those to the SD Card as an update, or is there a different method?
      I also noticed that when I updated openELEC with a kodi build called pulse ccm that openelec did not boot up. Just sat with a blank screen. Reimaged and OE booted.
      Thanks to all that helped and suggested card readers, et all.
      Good for you could U share the name/type of the SDCard where to purchase one ie link to the store.

Thanks

Comment

Its amazing how reduced the draw is on ram and processor with openELEC.
        A question, there is a folder named 6.95.3 on the same yandex page which I think is newer than 20160419. The 4 files are in the folder. Can I copy and paste those to the SD Card as an update, or is there a different method?
        I also noticed that when I updated openELEC with a kodi build called pulse ccm that openelec did not boot up. Just sat with a blank screen. Reimaged and OE booted.
        Thanks to all that helped and suggested card readers, et all.
        Hello, Glad you got it going. Yes OE is very light, this makes it a particularly good choice for lower resource devices.
        I am going from memory here, but I think of the four files you see there, one is very large compared to the other three. The largest one is the entire image like the one you burned your OE card with. So if you want to burn the whole card again use the big one.
        The other three files that are smaller, such as system.img, etc. Can be used to update your existing OE card. Simply overwrite the existing files with the three updated files using a file manager like Windows Explorer. Before overwriting, back up the originals, just in case.
        Have fun.

BTW If you are a Linux user, Balbes has several varieties that work on the S95 and i7, but could likely be used on any box that can run his OE bits. These also boot/run from SD card or flash drive.

Comment

Originally posted by e123enitan View Post

Good for you could U share the name/type of the SDCard where to purchase one ie link to the store.

Thanks
          Its an 8 gig Sandisk Ultra Micro SD HC I. Its an older card. I used an Adata Micro SD adapter.
          I decided to retry my Adata 32 gb Premier SDHC in the same card reader and bingo it worked.
          The card reader is a SPYKER - no model and its USB powered.

I noticed that the cards have been partitioned with a 511 mb boot, a 1.3 gb data and then the rest is unallocated. So a small and faster SDHC card should do it.
          I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.
          Ron White

Comment

Its an 8 gig Sandisk Ultra Micro SD HC I. Its an older card. I used an Adata Micro SD adapter.
            I decided to retry my Adata 32 gb Premier SDHC in the same card reader and bingo it worked.
            The card reader is a SPYKER - no model and its USB powered.

I noticed that the cards have been partitioned with a 511 mb boot, a 1.3 gb data and then the rest is unallocated. So a small and faster SDHC card should do it.

Thanks I would give this a try.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by e123enitan View Post

Thanks I would give this a try.

Cheers!
              This is the link to the SPYKER card reader - http://uk.spyker-france.com/products...-ports-usb-hub
              I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.
              Ron White

Comment

Things to consider with SD Card
                Most if not all SD cards, Adapters and Readers (inbuilt or external usb type) are not equal and creating of these Bootcards can be frustrating

SDFormatter is a handy utility to have on hand to format your cards

When finished writing to SD card use the Eject option to unmount ensures the write is completed.
                Cheers
                treboR
                Please consider
                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
                  Hello, Glad you got it going. Yes OE is very light, this makes it a particularly good choice for lower resource devices.
                  I am going from memory here, but I think of the four files you see there, one is very large compared to the other three. The largest one is the entire image like the one you burned your OE card with. So if you want to burn the whole card again use the big one.
                  The other three files that are smaller, such as system.img, etc. Can be used to update your existing OE card. Simply overwrite the existing files with the three updated files using a file manager like Windows Explorer. Before overwriting, back up the originals, just in case.
                  Have fun.

BTW If you are a Linux user, Balbes has several varieties that work on the S95 and i7, but could likely be used on any box that can run his OE bits. These also boot/run from SD card or flash drive.
                  Awesome, this is too simple. All I did was copy DTB, System and kernel to the SD card and replaced what was there. The new build is 6.95.3.7.0, kernel Linux 3.14.
                  Thanks again for your help RISCy Dude.
                  Ron White

Comment

Glad to do it. Balbes makes it easy, he does good work.
                    I think he also has a 7.0 beta, I have yet to try it.

Comment

I do not recommend to mix files from images versions 7.0 and 6.95. They contain different settings. If you have recorded on the media image 7.0 , replace the files in the FAT partition can be on other files from 7.0. For the transition\test another version I recommend to record a clean image on the medium. When you first start OE image on the second partition ext4 (which is not visible in Windows without special drivers / programs) are created settings for a particular version 7.0 or 6.95. These settings differ. These settings from another version want to erase, i.e. to remove all files from the second EXT4 partition.

p/s/ To write the image on SD card you can use Linux which is running on the media box. This allows to eliminate the influence of the adapters on the quality of the recording.

Comment

I tried installing a KODI build called Pulse CCM with Openelec. The file downloaded, extracted and then per normal the app asked to have the plug pulled and plugged back in. The screen stayed blank after rebooting and did not open into openELEC.
                        Where do addons get stored when they are installed in this sd boot version of openELEC? There's a storage folder 1.3 gb that doesn't appear in Windows explorer and an unallocated portion taking up the rest of the room. I'm wondering if it is one of those and if yes, how can I open the folder to view what is in it?
                        I checked through the Android system and found no openELEC storage.

Thanks
                        Ron White

Comment

I tried installing a KODI build called Pulse CCM with Openelec. The file downloaded, extracted and then per normal the app asked to have the plug pulled and plugged back in. The screen stayed blank after rebooting and did not open into openELEC.
                          Where do addons get stored when they are installed in this sd boot version of openELEC? There's a storage folder 1.3 gb that doesn't appear in Windows explorer and an unallocated portion taking up the rest of the room. I'm wondering if it is one of those and if yes, how can I open the folder to view what is in it?
                          I checked through the Android system and found no openELEC storage.

Thanks
                          ext2fsd

http://www.ext2fsd.com/

Download Ext2 File System Driver for Windows for free. A Linux ext2/ext3 file system driver for Windows. Ext2Fsd is an open source Linux ext2/ext3 file system driver for Windows systems (2K/XP/VISTA/WIN7/WIN8, X86/AMD64).

Если вы пользуетесь Windows и Linux на одном пк часто возникает необходимость передавать файлы между ОС. В этой инструкции я опишу подключение ext4 в Windows.

About extend a partition on the entire volume of the carrier.

Посмотреть и скачать с Яндекс Диска

Comment

Thanks for the help balbes150 and also thanks for the excellent work you have done on this rom.
                            Ron White

Comment

Update version 7.0 for Vega S95 Telos (Meta and Pro - replace the dtb file). Built-in BT works. Please check.

yadi.sk/d/X8W5OIGBsPMrY

The image for recording to the media loaded will be available for download later.

Comment

Hello guys and thanks for all the work you are investing into this endeavor.

I have MXQ Pro+ flashed as s95 Meta. When i tried to dual boot Openelec i'm stuck on full light blue colored screen (light blue like Openelec logo) and i hear the clicking sounds of the menu when i move with the remote. Also i can SSH and browse the samba on the device. I tried different versions of Openelec, but some of them not work, other are stuck on that blue screen. My guess it has something to do with the resolution not supported by my TVs, and i tried on 2 televisions, one is HD Ready, other is full HD with no change.Can someone help?

However i can boot OdroidC2 Ubuntu-Mate without any problem using balbes150 method(thanks!), but i prefer only Openelec hence my asking for help!
                                So guys, help please?

Comment

Working...
                                X