This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by superceleron View Post

Did read you the topic? no atv rom for it... i have it done but i dont rls it since that boxes (at least board revision 1.1 and 1.2) dont play VP9... and since youtube on android relies on VP9 to play 80% of its videos... well you know the rest!
    Yes I saw the topic but then I saw a post I thought from you on Your BB2/Z1 Rom page that said version 2 to be coming this week and then another from trebor that said another 24 Hours maybe

Enough on that though "You have the final say anyway LOL" and I appreciate you regardless

Need Help with No Limits Add-on

I am trying to install No Limits build on Your FTMC the install works flawlessly until after following the directions to force close FTMC and then restart it.

Upon restart it as if I have done nothing meaning all is the same as if A fresh install of FTMC

I realy like FTMC so I would appreciate any assistance with installing No Limits

Anybody Using FTMC with No-limits installed Please Help!
    Last edited by phatboyj420; 03-07-2017, 15:42.

Comment

FTMC 24 on Amlogic
      Should we uncheck any of the hardware acceleration options (mediacodec perhaps?) on Amlogic boxes?
      Just have played with Beelink GT1 and it seems that both - mediacodec's are not needed, only amlogic HW accelerator...

Comment

Originally posted by phatboyj420 View Post

Need Help with No Limits Add-on

I am trying to install No Limits build on Your FTMC the install works flawlessly until after following the directions to force close FTMC and then restart it.

Upon restart it as if I have done nothing meaning all is the same as if A fresh install of FTMC

I realy like FTMC so I would appreciate any assistance with installing No Limits

Anybody Using FTMC with No-limits installed Please Help!
        Dunno i dont know that addon! does it work on SPMC?

Originally posted by tomsag View Post
        FTMC 24 on Amlogic
        Should we uncheck any of the hardware acceleration options (mediacodec perhaps?) on Amlogic boxes?
        Just have played with Beelink GT1 and it seems that both - mediacodec's are not needed, only amlogic HW accelerator...
        leave it on... that is a backsafe if you try to play a codec that is not supported from amcodec!

Comment

I installed FTMC AML Build 24 on my T95Z Plus with SC's custom Rom. As soon as I install and launch for the first time(no addons) , I get the error "FTMC isn't responding. Do you want to close it?". It gives me two choices: OK and WAIT. If I click WAIT, then FTMC runs like normal. Not sure what this is from. Could it be from the fact that I'm using Nova Launcher? Could this be from a 3rd party app running in the background? It's hard to repeat the error, but I've seen it a few times on various versions/builds of Kodi. Thanks.
          Last edited by jseeley; 03-07-2017, 21:18.

Comment

Originally posted by jseeley View Post
            I installed FTMC AML Build 24 on my T95Z Plus with SC's custom Rom. As soon as I install and launch for the first time(no addons) , I get the error "FTMC isn't responding. Do you want to close it?". It gives me two choices: OK and WAIT. If I click WAIT, then RTMC runs like normal. Not sure what this is from. Could it be from the fact that I'm using Nova Launcher? Could this be from a 3rd party app running in the background? Thanks.
            Have you tried returning to one of the stock launchers that came with the firmware and then trying to see if the error is recreated?
            R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

Have you tried returning to one of the stock launchers that came with the firmware and then trying to see if the error is recreated?
              I haven't tried that. I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by jseeley View Post
                I installed FTMC AML Build 24 on my T95Z Plus with SC's custom Rom. As soon as I install and launch for the first time(no addons) , I get the error "FTMC isn't responding. Do you want to close it?". It gives me two choices: OK and WAIT. If I click WAIT, then FTMC runs like normal. Not sure what this is from. Could it be from the fact that I'm using Nova Launcher? Could this be from a 3rd party app running in the background? It's hard to repeat the error, but I've seen it a few times on various versions/builds of Kodi. Thanks.
                Mine does that too, but so does every other Kodi build I have tried, but only after installing the Kodi No Limits Build add-on. The good news is that, it is only upon the first startup following the initial install of the add-on. I just click Wait and I never see it again. So all in all it's not really a problem for me at-least.

Comment

I found this old Rockchip auto frame-rate switcher addon for Kodi

It would be great if someone can find out how to mod it for RK3368, RK3229 devices and make it compatible.
                  I think somewhere it still has device checks for RK3188, RK3288 devices and also not sure if the hdmi path is correct on newer devices.
                  Would be great if it can be modified and support auto frame-rate switching on Kodi 17.
                  Might also give more options for users with Kodi 16 and FTMC also.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
                    I found this old Rockchip auto frame-rate switcher addon for Kodi
                    https://github.com/Mafarricos/Mafarr...ideo.fswitchRK

It would be great if someone can find out how to mod it for RK3368, RK3229 devices and make it compatible.
                    I think somewhere it still has device checks for RK3188, RK3288 devices and also not sure if the hdmi path is correct on newer devices.
                    Would be great if it can be modified and support auto frame-rate switching on Kodi 17.
                    Might also give more options for users with Kodi 16 and FTMC also.
                    Mafarricos
                    I know about that addon i helped make it longgg time a go when i made my 1º rom for a RK device

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post

Mafarricos
                      I know about that addon i helped make it longgg time a go when i made my 1º rom for a RK device
                      Hi

Here is some more info I found for the RK Frequency switcher addon for Kodi.

It only has Lollipop support
                      https://github.com/Mafarricos/Mafarr...h_util.py#L128

By adding code from here it might support Marshmallow and Kodi 17.
                      line 133 elif osPlatform == 'linux2' or osPlatform == 'linux3' or osPlatform == 'linux4': then Marshmallow can be detected instead of just Lollipop(Linux3).
                      https://github.com/looun/Kodi-Addon-...8662603e0dR133

Looks like the Himedia Frequency switcher addon is more updated but might be more difficult to mod for RK devices, so maybe take parts of it and add to
                      Mafarricos's addon will be easier?

Lines 148, 198 in script.video.fswitchRK/fswitch_util.py file - modeFileAndroid = "/sys/class/display/display0.HDMI/mode*
                      change to modeFileAndroid = "/sys/class/display/HDMI/mode" perhaps to support the correct path on new RK3368, RK3229 devices and Marshmallow?

In build.prop file device must start with 'rk3' to detect RK devices.
                      Users can check that themselves.

It would be interesting if someone can get it working with Kodi 17 and Marshmallow firmware

It would help a lot since then it is not needed to rebuild Kodi 17 or SPMC to just support auto frame-rate switching and the addon might even support more customisation.
                      Eg. both Kodi 17 and SPMC 16.6.0 support HD Audio pass-through on RK3229, RK3368 and play videos smooth.

I hope Mafarricos or someone else will be able to do this.
                      I will also check later if I can get it working.

Comment

well i give im a shout to see if he have some free time to do it

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Hi

Here is some more info I found for the RK Frequency switcher addon for Kodi.

It only has Lollipop support
                          https://github.com/Mafarricos/Mafarr...h_util.py#L128

By adding code from here it might support Marshmallow and Kodi 17.
                          line 133 elif osPlatform == 'linux2' or osPlatform == 'linux3' or osPlatform == 'linux4': then Marshmallow can be detected instead of just Lollipop(Linux3).
                          https://github.com/looun/Kodi-Addon-...8662603e0dR133

Looks like the Himedia Frequency switcher addon is more updated but might be more difficult to mod for RK devices, so maybe take parts of it and add to
                          Mafarricos's addon will be easier?

Lines 148, 198 in script.video.fswitchRK/fswitch_util.py file - modeFileAndroid = "/sys/class/display/display0.HDMI/mode*
                          change to modeFileAndroid = "/sys/class/display/HDMI/mode" perhaps to support the correct path on new RK3368, RK3229 devices and Marshmallow?

In build.prop file device must start with 'rk3' to detect RK devices.
                          Users can check that themselves.

It would be interesting if someone can get it working with Kodi 17 and Marshmallow firmware

It would help a lot since then it is not needed to rebuild Kodi 17 or SPMC to just support auto frame-rate switching and the addon might even support more customisation.
                          Eg. both Kodi 17 and SPMC 16.6.0 support HD Audio pass-through on RK3229, RK3368 and play videos smooth.

I hope Mafarricos or someone else will be able to do this.
                          I will also check later if I can get it working.
                          I have many personal projects on hands and normal daily job. I probably can't pick up this so soon.

If there's anyone interested in pickup the code there's no problem with me.

Comment

I upload the modified RK Frequency addon that can now run on Kodi 17 and detect the service on Marshmallow.
                            But videos that should switch don't play at all.
                            I think other code also has to change to detect the resolutions that might be incorrect.
                            Maybe someone can compare it with RKMC's code where the resolutions are detected?
                            Have to add the addon folder manually as it won't install by zip correctly.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Would that addon change the framerate to 24Hz even if it is not listed in "/sys/class/display/HDMI/modes" file? If it's a "YES" then it's interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by kerenmac View Post
                                Would that addon change the framerate to 24Hz even if it is not listed in "/sys/class/display/HDMI/modes" file? If it's a "YES" then it's interesting.
                                The addon worked on older RK3066, RK3188 devices.
                                But newer devices like RK3288, RK3368, RK3229 use different resolution code so at the moment it is not working.
                                The person that modded the addon originally for Rockchip devices said he will look into it next month.
                                If it can be fixed, auto frame-rate switching can work in Kodi 17 & SPMC by just installing the addon.
                                You can then force 23.976 to play at 24hz, 59.98 can play at 60hz etc.
                                A different addon was developed for Himedia devices and is a lot more updated and very useful for those users.

Comment

Working...
                                X