Mini M8S II 4K Smart TV Box Amlogic S905X 2/8GB WiFi 10/100 LAN BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely a Mini M8S Pro
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Meltdown View Post
      Definitely a Mini M8S Pro
      Yep "definitely" NOT a MINI M8S II (Amlogic S905X) it's a T95N "T95n mini m8s pro Amlogic s905 2GB / 8GB Android 5.1 4K x 2K BT 4.0 Android TV mini pc"
      It's miracle that my custom works on it
      I googled for you ...

Look here : http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...firmware-5-1-1

EDIT:
      bajann told me on my rom thread that exist a version of the same device with s905x : "that is amlogic s905x no way amlogic s905 ,mini m8s pro with amlogic s905x 07,21,2016 pcb amlogic s905x pcb -Wi-Fi RTL8189ETV"
      Last edited by Xannytech; 12-30-2016, 22:06.

Comment

It's not a 905 mate, look at the pic of my PCB - it's a 905X. The only thing that doesnt work on your rom is WIFI because they changed the chip

Comment

Originally posted by Meltdown View Post
          It's not a 905 mate, look at the pic of my PCB - it's a 905X. The only thing that doesnt work on your rom is WIFI because they changed the chip
          yes bajann explained me that there are two versions of t95s mini 8s pro with different hardware but same name... Chinese naming of the devices is crazy

Comment

Hello, how to have dts and dd 5.1 with kodi in spdif with m8s II

Comment

Originally posted by LostEchoes View Post
              I have two of these boxes at my hands right now. They are not mine, but some friends' and they gave them to me for testing and customization. I have recently ordered one for me, too.
              The first one was bought 3-4 months ago and the second one later, about 1 month ago.

As you can see at the screenshots, the old one (the first that was bought) has a 6.0.1 MHC19J20161013 firmware version, while the second one (the newest) has a 6.0.1 MHC19J20161022 firmware.
              Both have the latest firmwares, which means that no OTA updates are pending for them.

I suspect that maybe the difference has to do with the different wi-fi chips. So maybe the first/old one has the AP6212 wi-fi chip while the second one (the newest) has the AP6212A wi-fi, hence the different latest firmwares.

But that's just a guess.
              Does anyone know of an application that I could download and use to identify the wi-fi chip version on each of these boxes?

I do not know if apk CPU-Z will help you. It is easier to open the boxes.
              I have 2 as well. The tvbox of the AP6212A chip goes very poorly wifi.

I am interested in the firmware of MHC19J20161022. My tvbox with the chip 6212A has the 20161013.

Maybe firmware 20161022 have drivers wifi for AP6121A. Does wifi work well on tvbox chip ap6212A?
              if it yes, You could share the files. I do not know where they are but someone from here could tell where they are so you can pick them up and share them. Also if we just have to put it in the same place to check this drivers.

Comment

Which USB webcam does this box support? I tried Logitech C310. But it did not work with Skype. Has anyone successfully used Skype video chat on this box?

Comment

Microsoft Lifecam HD 3000 works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by tosu View Post

I do not know if apk CPU-Z will help you. It is easier to open the boxes.
                    I have 2 as well. The tvbox of the AP6212A chip goes very poorly wifi.

I am interested in the firmware of MHC19J20161022. My tvbox with the chip 6212A has the 20161013.

Maybe firmware 20161022 have drivers wifi for AP6121A. Does wifi work well on tvbox chip ap6212A?
                    if it yes, You could share the files. I do not know where they are but someone from here could tell where they are so you can pick them up and share them. Also if we just have to put it in the same place to check this drivers.
                    Yeah, CPU-Z and some other "Hardware Info" apps I downloaded from the Play Store did not help. The Wi-FI chip is not even mentioned there.

I've read two things about the wi-fi chips on this model.
                    1) That the AP6212A chip was put into the latest versions of the Tv Box, because there was a shortage of the previous one (AP6212)
                    2) That the AP6212A chip is a newer version than the AP6212, so theoretically, shouldn't it be better? (Link here: http://discuss.redbear.cc/t/ap6212-v...ifferences/670 )

Unfortunately I had to return the 2 boxes to their owners, so I did not have a lot of time to test them and there is nothing I can do regarding the 20161022 firmware. I'm sorry I cannot help. Maybe someone else has a way to extract or find this firmware and post it here... ?

Generally speaking both boxes seemed to have acceptable wi-fi (not that stable though, as initially I was getting 4 out of 5 lines, then it was 2, etc) , and to my surprise when I flipped the boxes upside down, the signal was actually getting better. I did not get to compare the two boxes' wi-fi performance, but I do remember that with both boxes I did get good results trying to stream movies (from Exodus source) for a few minutes. My router was not very far from the box (approx 8-10 meters). I'm kind of lucky I have UTP sockets everywhere at my home, so I will probably not use WiFi.

I do expect to have my M8S II delivered in a month or so, so I may come back with more testing. I suppose my box will come with the AP6212A chip.

By the way, has anyone tried to use the iOS app "Android TV" Remote, as a remote to this box? I tried several times, but the app could not find the BOX. Any ideas ? Could someone with this Android Box and iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch try this app and tell me if he got to succeed ?

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/andr...078761166?mt=8

Thank you in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfynwo View Post
                      Microsoft Lifecam HD 3000 works for me.
                      Thanks for the info. Do you use it with Skype?

And is it just a trial and error method to find which webcams work and which don't?

Comment

Yes, i am using it for skype. No issues with xanny rom.Dunno about stock rom.

Comment

Please, has anyone solved the purple screen on SONY tv? A friend of mine has a serious problem with that. Will the hdmi to rca convector fix the problem? Can anyone confirm?
                          HDMI to RCA cable is designed to connect and transfer signals from HDMI port to RCA port. As HDMI carries digital signals while RCA carries analog signals. Molded strain-relief design lessens plug/socket pressure. | eBay!
                          Last edited by soulfunkdjx; 01-04-2017, 08:37.

Comment

I'm just leaving this page link here, as it has a list of all the specs and quite a lot of solutions / fixes for this TV Box. Can be very helpful.

Those who do not speak / read Russian will have to translate the page (e.g. via Google Chrome, etc):

p.s. Strange thing: No mention of the MHC19J20161022 firmware version !

Comment

Originally posted by LostEchoes View Post
                              I'm just leaving this page link here, as it has a list of all the specs and quite a lot of solutions / fixes for this TV Box. Can be very helpful.

Those who do not speak / read Russian will have to translate the page (e.g. via Google Chrome, etc):

p.s. Strange thing: No mention of the MHC19J20161022 firmware version !
                              Thanks i'll give it a try...Russia Rulez!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Xannytech View Post
                                I saw none posted new V109 (07/11/2016) for MINI M8 SII (not V106 customized by Vontar ) here it is:
                                https://mega.nz/#!f543XRIY!47GUGzdTV...HEawRRbFHIjexA V109 ROM .img file

Then if you like there is my mod ready based on it
                                XTMOD thread
                                I have installed your v109 and works well. Used "Amlogic USB loader" and the toothpeak method.

I managed to make work passthrough for DD and DTS both for Kodi and SPMC , and SPMC even pass DTS-MA, however not luck for TrueHD on both and DTS-MA not working for KODI

I am suprised because I did not find any Marshmallow boxes with the "HDMI Passtrough" Option at SETTINGS-> Digital Audio Device. To my knowledge previous versions were able to configure Android as "RAW Passtrough" or "IEC Passtrough" (At Android Audio Settings) but I can't find this options on the settings. KODI seens to take this setting from the system and don't let it change, SPMC let it change though.

Regards
                                Last edited by jasabel; 01-07-2017, 11:54.

Comment

Working...
                                X