X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sgc View Post
    Hello,
    I have a big problem.
    I've tried to make the update from an SD card with Amlogic Burn Card Maker but the upgrading screen is always stucked at 5% of the progress bar.
    Everything I've tried is not working, I can't manage to install rv 112, 111, 110 or put back the 109 version.
    I've also tried with Amlogic USB Burning Tool but to no avail.
    I get the following errors:
    - [0x30201006]UBOOT/Disk initialize/Send command/Time out
    - [0x00101004]Erase bootloader/Lowper/Identify/Error result
    - [0x10101002]Romcode/Initialize DDR/Identify/USB Control setup error
    There are few questions to ask:
    - Do I need the stock firmware that came with my Mini M8SII box?
    - Where can I find it?
    - Is my Mini box bricked?
    Here is a picture with the box inside:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170405_074716.jpg
Views:	1389
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	640472

Comment

Hello all,

I have had this media player for a while now and am generally pretty pleased with it. The only problem I have is that kodi is fixed at 1080p resolution on my 4k TV and I really want it at 4k to make the most of the GUI and my 4k media. Anyone know the best route to go down?

I'm on the latest stock Megabox firmware (117 I think?) running kodi 17.0 that came on that install. I don't stream any media from the web it's all locally stored too. I installed kodi 17.1 on a previous firmware but it then prevented any DTS audio passthrough via SPDIF so I'm reluctant to upgrade it as it's working OK at the minute bar the resolution cap.

Many thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingElk View Post
        Hello all,

I have had this media player for a while now and am generally pretty pleased with it. The only problem I have is that kodi is fixed at 1080p resolution on my 4k TV and I really want it at 4k to make the most of the GUI and my 4k media. Anyone know the best route to go down?

I'm on the latest stock Megabox firmware (117 I think?) running kodi 17.0 that came on that install. I don't stream any media from the web it's all locally stored too. I installed kodi 17.1 on a previous firmware but it then prevented any DTS audio passthrough via SPDIF so I'm reluctant to upgrade it as it's working OK at the minute bar the resolution cap.

Many thanks in advance
        Try installing LibreELEC on a micorSD card and run that. It will solve all your problems with Kodi running in 4K and HD audio. By running LibreELEC on a microSD card, it will not affect your Android that is running on your box.

Amlogic Meson8, GXBB, GXL, GXM, G12A/B and SM1 builds
        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

Try installing LibreELEC on a micorSD card and run that. It will solve all your problems with Kodi running in 4K and HD audio. By running LibreELEC on a microSD card, it will not affect your Android that is running on your box.

https://forum.libreelec.tv/forum-38.html
          Fantastic thanks. I'll give that a go then.

Cheers all

Comment

Originally posted by sgc View Post

Here is a picture with the box inside:
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170405_074716.jpg
Views:	1389
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	640472
            i am having the same issues, any solutions yet?

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingElk View Post
              Hello all,

Many thanks in advance
              you could also try the auto frame rate fix that is available. The other thing would be to go to display settings and turn off "automatic display" and it should show everything your box can do on the tv. For some reason they default to 1080p, even on my 4k tv, and turning off auto resolution and manually selecting it worked. Then start SPMC, not Kodi. Or use FTMC, not Kodi :P

Comment

Originally posted by credinho View Post

Could anyone Who may have bought another model or knows which other models works without problems answer me please? I'm afraid that I will buy other box and it algo doesn't work.
                Anyone?

Comment

Hello,
                  I have problems viewing iptv. Stop using Kodi with iptv because it does not work well.
                  Now I use Progtv for android and it works a lot better. But on channels with 1080 resolution there are cuts of half a second every second. It starts very well and at 5 seconds the cuts begin. My internet is correct and I think the server is good. It only happens with the channels of high definition 1080.
                  I tried to configure the program with more buffer but it does not work. Also changing the encoding of the video in Progtv settings but still the same.

I think it's box problem, maybe it's not able to download and decode. Or how to manage all that data in streaming.
                  However for it is able to download a 1080p video by torrent with an .apk and view it with another apk at a time.

Is it happening to you? What do you use for iptv?

Comment

Originally posted by tosu View Post
                    Hello,
                    I have problems viewing iptv. Stop using Kodi with iptv because it does not work well.
                    Now I use Progtv for android and it works a lot better. But on channels with 1080 resolution there are cuts of half a second every second. It starts very well and at 5 seconds the cuts begin. My internet is correct and I think the server is good. It only happens with the channels of high definition 1080.
                    I tried to configure the program with more buffer but it does not work. Also changing the encoding of the video in Progtv settings but still the same.

I think it's box problem, maybe it's not able to download and decode. Or how to manage all that data in streaming.
                    However for it is able to download a 1080p video by torrent with an .apk and view it with another apk at a time.

Is it happening to you? What do you use for iptv?
                    Autoreply
                    Finally it seems that they are problems of the server iptv and not of the box.

Comment

Originally posted by HUMBLExSWAGGER View Post

i am having the same issues, any solutions yet?
                      Same problem here and same device

Comment

I've got this player since yesterday and got a problem. The Mini and regular tv-tuner are connected throught HDMI with TV, from there's a HDMI (arc) to soundbar. I only get sound through the soundbar when the mini is switsched on, also when I just want to watch the tuner. I never had that problem with my previous player, the M8. Bye the way: HDMI-CEC in the mini is set to off. Any ideas ?

Comment

Frans Sounds weird that the mini is blocking your ARC when it's not being used. Most of these boxes do NOT support CEC, or have it in their menu and it just does not work, period. Have you updated the firmware on the box to one of the newer community ones, or are you just using the stock POS that it comes with?

Comment

Originally posted by Kuno View Post
                            Frans Sounds weird that the mini is blocking your ARC when it's not being used. Most of these boxes do NOT support CEC, or have it in their menu and it just does not work, period. Have you updated the firmware on the box to one of the newer community ones, or are you just using the stock POS that it comes with?
                            Hi Kuno, as far as I know I use the latest firmware that came with the player. See the attached photo.
                            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I installed SPMC yesterday after hearing so much about it being better than Kodi and find now that I cant get DTS passthrough working through spdif optical out. Dolby Digital passthrough works fine.
                              Can anyone shed light on the fix for this? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Joffa View Post
                                I installed SPMC yesterday after hearing so much about it being better than Kodi and find now that I cant get DTS passthrough working through spdif optical out. Dolby Digital passthrough works fine.
                                Can anyone shed light on the fix for this? Thanks
                                Have you checked to make sure you have it enabled in the android settings, outside of SPMC? It usually defaults to HDMI or PCM. Go to settings, sounds, digital sounds and switch it to spdif. You may also need the passthrough fix. It's included with Xannytech's firmware, and most of the other replacement firmwares as passthrough support on stock is borked on the majority of these boxes. I can't seem to quickly find the passthroughfix apk, I am sorry.

Are you running...shudder...stock firmware? I have quite a few of these working with no problems, but they all use Xannytech's awesome work.

The other thing you can do if you don't want to run Android is you can put Libre Elec on an SD card and boot to it and it will work perfectly.
                                Last edited by Kuno; 04-30-2017, 03:31. Reason: added another option

Comment

Working...
                                X