Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mod for Tanix TX5 Pro MiniM8SII and Nexbox A95X COOLEME MB1 X9 Frankenstein Firmware WIP

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might be a issue with size. Gonna reboot a few times. Dont update yet till u get to see it. It fit the screen but a few times it was showing a bit over sized. I gotta leave but will check as soon as i can. Problem might be the resolution size. I think it should be 1080 720. everything like full boot shows. gonna need to fine tune it a bit. have more soon as i get back.

Comment

Would this ROM work with TX5 non-pro, standard edition ? (the 2gb/8gb version)

Comment

I hope i just didn't break update.
        Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Originally posted by LaChoz View Post
          Would this ROM work with TX5 non-pro, standard edition ? (the 2gb/8gb version)
          yes i believe so
          Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Hello Guys,

Awesome rom! Thanks a lot for your hard work prahjister !!!

I installed your rom with a AX95 2go/16go... it's very nice to have a full android rom
            As expected, we can't switch on device with stock remote... but, my device move to sleep mode (i don't know why...?), and the only way is to take of power alimentation...

Another strange bug is with modal windows (like SupeSU demands).... i can't select any choise with mouse pointing, i have to use direction buton to select a choise... not a big deal ;-)

Thx again!

roOl

Comment

Originally posted by roolmapool View Post
              Hello Guys,

Awesome rom! Thanks a lot for your hard work prahjister !!!

I installed your rom with a AX95 2go/16go... it's very nice to have a full android rom
              As expected, we can't switch on device with stock remote... but, my device move to sleep mode (i don't know why...?), and the only way is to take of power alimentation...

Another strange bug is with modal windows (like SupeSU demands).... i can't select any choise with mouse pointing, i have to use direction buton to select a choise... not a big deal ;-)

Thx again!

roOl
              I turned of cec on my TV to get past that. On my LG it is called simplink. Now when i turn my TV the box stays on

Comment

Originally posted by Rootz View Post
                How remove all addons for one time from kodi pre-installed?
                I remove addons one by one and uninstall kodi.
                Reinstall Kodi and all addons are back again!
                Your not using this firmware if it does 😃
                Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post

Your not using this firmware if it does 😃
                  Where this does happen in some firmwares there is usually a Fresh Start addon in Programs that resets Kodi back to a clean install.
                  R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Anybody tried Enybox x1? Has great specs. The wifi module is ap6335 which has always been great for me in the past. If so would this mod work on this box? https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...838.0.0.RIlzcB
                    Alibaba Manufacturer Directory - Suppliers, Manufacturers, Exporters & Importers

Comment

Originally posted by aaddaamm1111 View Post
                      Anybody tried Enybox x1? Has great specs. The wifi module is ap6335 which has always been great for me in the past. If so would this mod work on this box? https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...838.0.0.RIlzcB
                      It might. Tanix has pretty good wifi as well Ap6255

Comment

Just returned the tx5 pro. the screen was way too dark. It was a good box though if you could lighten it somehow. movies were always so dark. My kodi background is dark blue and it looked black. Did you include the drivers for ap6335 in this mod? I have done something similar with a past mod I tried about 6 months back or so. Swithed out the ap6330 file with ap6335 to get wifi working again but cant really remember how to do it. Looks like your mod should work, all the same specs as all the other s905x boxes just a different wifi chip.

Comment

Has someone made a video on how to use the Amlogic customization tool yet?

Comment

Originally posted by aaddaamm1111 View Post
                            Has someone made a video on how to use the Amlogic customization tool yet?
                            This will get you started.

CNXSoft: Bear in mind that there are multiple versions of Nexbox A95X. Yesterday, I published the review of Nexbox A95X with Android 6.0, with the model

R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

That article was why I asked about a video on how to do this. Thanks though, your video on how to use the usb buring tool for tx5 pro was why I asked if there was i video for this. It was very helpful.Anybody having problems using the burning tool make sure it's version 2.0.8. Any thoughts how to inject the ap6335 file for wifi?

Comment

I have the Nexbox A95x 2gb/16gb (no resect button in av hole). Have been trying to flash this ROM with USB Burn tool (v2.0.8) and keep getting errors on the bootloader erase and can't seem to get past this point. Have tried different usb connections on computer (Win7) and have tried uninstalling and reinstalling USB Burn tool and drivers....have tried both Normal Erase and Force Erase......still a no go. Any ideas on how to get this to work?? Log from USB tool is attached, I hope it may provide some info for those who are more adept at this than me. Looks like I may now be soft-bricked. Any and all suggestions much appreciated.

UPDATE:
                                **I've tried every usb port on my Win7 computer (3-2.0 ports and 2-3.0 ports) and for every port change I've had to reinstall the drivers.........UBS Burn tool connects then run into same error (which looks like a low power error) anywhere from 2-10 seconds into the process.
                                **I've tried what bluesmanuk suggested: "Try the USB cable and then plug in the power then just to see if that works." I've done this again with every usb port on computer....same result.....low power error
                                **I've tried loading image into USB burn tool, connecting power to box, and then connecting box to computer. When I do this, USB burn tool doesn't recognize the box. I have to unplug the usb, unplug the power, and then plug usb back in.....USB then recognizes box and starts the process. I then plug in the power and STILL a NO GO....low power error

I'm at my wits end.......don't know what else to try.
                                FYI, the Nexbox has 2 usb ports and I've tried all of this with the one farthest away from the sd card slot. The only other thing I can think to try is the entire process all over again using the usb port closest to the sd card slot.
                                Maybe try another usb-to-usb cable???? Of which I don't have and will have to order.
                                Maybe this box is just a DUD!!!

Thoughts anyone........

UPDATE 2: Am up and running Frankenstein
                                I tried everything listed in "UPDATE" above on 2 different versions of USB Burn Tool. First v2.0.8 and then 2.0.5 and got same results.......low power error 2-10 seconds in.
                                Just tried mallox's suggestion (see post #517) with the same results as before.....a NO GO......on both v2.0.8 and 2.0.5.....
                                I then decided to give it one more "college try"....Uninstalled USB tool yet again.....Ran CCleaner and IOBit Uninstaller to clean up any residual files, yet again.....Shut down computer yet again....
                                Reinstalled USB v2.0.8 and tried one more time.......this time it worked.....WTH......this is enough to make you want to pull your hair out or become an alcoholic!!!

Thanks for all the help guys. Much appreciated!!
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by ladyjack; 09-01-2016, 01:43.
                                **SkystreamX4 (S802)....M8S (S812)....Mini M8S (S905)....Nexbox A95x (S905x)

Comment

Working...
                                X