X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got a Z69 S905x box with 3gb ram but its suffering from constant stutters on video. Which version of librelec do I use on a 3gb ram s905x box?

Comment

kage000 I have working recovery and installed on nand on all my boxes. but i dont do the "installtonand" command either.

woodg8 I do not believe the s905x supports more than 2gb of ram so either it is a s912 or it only has 2 gb. Either way, you would be much safer testing the original build from kszaq on sd card before doing anything.

Comment

Urgodfather It's this one here from geekbuying with 3gb ram http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Z69-A...OX-383201.html

Comment

woodg8 Personally I do not trust the specs on that. http://www.inexbox.com/s905-s905x-s912-specification/
          I would ask kszaq on his main thread here : https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/21...or-s905-s905x/

Comment

Installed on my t95x 1gb... Everything went well and runs snapps but no WiFi and now I can't boot back into twrp to restore my stock. Any ideas?

Comment

Jeffreyveh It appears that you have the wrong device tree. If you are familiar with command line, you can ftp the right device tree over and dd the device tree into the right location. Read some of the last few pages, as they have some good information for you.

Comment

My device is a COOWELL V5 tv stick 1 8 gb S905X quad-core CPU and Mali-450 GPU samsung wifi no Bluetooth
                I can run LibreELEC from SD no problem.
                But when I try to install it to the internal emmc the device hangs on boot.
                I think the problem is the device tree but I have failed to find A working one.
                Is there anybody who can point me to a working device tree?
                I would like to install it to emmc memory
                Greetings Herman

Comment

Update:

I won't be able to work on this any more. My box burnt out and now have gotten a S912 SOC Box.

Comment

Originally posted by pinguy View Post
                    Update:

I won't be able to work on this any more. My box burnt out and now have gotten a S912 SOC Box.
                    Sad news, which s912 did you go for. Any chance of a tutorial on how to create the file for the s905x, which libreelec tree do you use.

Comment

Place holder for future announcement

Comment

OK guys, I will be maintaining this project moving forward. I have not decided if I will make a new thread or not. This has been cleared with pinguy . I was waiting for him to make this announcement but I guess he has been too busy. Moving forward, I will be glad to help, provide updates, etc. I have not decided if I will be posting my images with the decryption key or not but in the mean time you can always PM me and I will send you the key to the image i have posted. I also have original backups if needed.

Comment

Good on you buddy. Thanks.

Comment

Ok Guys, Here is a copy of LibreElec 8.2. I have not had a chance to test it yet. It is for 2GB S905X only. Test if you want, I will when I can. Make sure you have a USB to USB cable to recover if it doesn't work and if you need original firmware you can message me. I only have NEXBOX a95x firmwares.

Comment

hi Urgodfather sorry for noobs question, but I'm running kzsaq's LE 8.2 / 8.1.9 build from SD card on my Mini M8S II (S905x) 2GB box - can I install your image above on to SD card and run that without effecting my android etc? thank you.

Comment

OK guys (and gals) I've started a new thread.Head on over to http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-for-s905x-new if you need help or updates.

Comment

Working...
                                X