Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] XannyTech Custom Mod Rom + TWRP Recovey built-in - for MINIM8SII and other devices see first post.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dkholm56 View Post
    I have the Abox A1 Plus S905X AM53 android box and I can't get any custom rom, to include this one to boot after flashing.
    Is there anyone else who has this box that has flashed this rom and got it to boot? After flashing it just stays on the logo screen.
    thanks for any help I can get.
    probably it's a non standard Uboot used by your manufacturer, i use mini m8sii rom as base for that reason uses more standard base.
    Last edited by Xannytech; 01-15-2017, 15:07.

Comment

Originally posted by Xannytech View Post

probably it's a non standard Uboot used by your manufacturer, i use mini m8sii rom as base for that reason uses more standard base.
      may not be possible but could I replace uboot with Customization Tool? I have the stock rom.
      thanks for the reply

Comment

may not be possible but could I replace uboot with Customization Tool? I have the stock rom.
        thanks for the reply
        you could try with customization tool to unpack my rom and change aml_sdc_burn.UBOOT and UBOOT.USB in Level1 with your original and repack... don't unpack the whole rom or you'll have worst problems repacking, just level1. Do not change anything else in level1.

Comment

you could try with customization tool to unpack my rom and change aml_sdc_burn.UBOOT and UBOOT.USB in Level1 with your original and repack... don't unpack the whole rom or you'll have worst problems repacking, just level1. Do not change anything else in level1.
          gonna give it a try...

Comment

XTMOD EX 2.3 open test beta version I WILL NOT POST THIS LINK IN FIRST PAGE
            Test version should solve some issues like device that cannot be wake up with remote (nexbox), and many others, some wifi chips like AP6377 that comes with some Tanix tx5 pro are not supported, they need a whole new rom as manufaturer does, i will do it but in future.
            I will be very busy from now, so left your impressions on forum and try to help each other Sometimes i will come to read.
            Thanks to all for reading.

RELEASE NOTE/MODIFICATION FROM PREVIOUS VERSION:
            - Based as the one before on Mini M8S II v109 firmware dated 7th November 2016;
            - TWRP recovery totally reassembled by me for 6.01 devices;
            - Updated Google services from 9.2.5.6 to 10.0.84;
            - Fixed (probably) a bug some user reported with Netflix;
            - Added SPMC optimizations;
            - Update sqlite3 binary;
            - Fixed some init.d scripts and added some for tweaking a bit;
            - Added Ap6330 wifi chip support*;
            - Added some more Bt chip support;
            - Added few tweaks in init.d;
            - Trimmed and optimized many ROM parameters for a little bit more speed (Antutu around 34100 stable);
            - Fixed some invisible to the user, but ugly bug left by the manufacturer;
            - Updated most of the APKS
            - Removed VLC, Added Google Search (i use voice command a lot), SPMC instead of Kodi (cause many uses it and not Kodi 17)
            - for sure many things i forgot to write.
            N.B.
            There are just two glitches to fix, but not harmful:
            1. Sometimes when system reboots to recovery the Bootlogo could be distorted, to restore the Bootlogo, open terminal app and type:
            Code:
            su
            sh system/bin/restorelogo.sh
            2. In notification bar will appear a notification to choose keyboard layout, if you click it will crash settings app.
            It's not really a bug it's just a wrong link to a setting that now is moved, i know how to fix it, but i must decompile and recompile the frameworks and i have not free time, and will be fixed in the final release.
            It's not so annoying. i hope you can live with it.

Enjoy
            Xanny

XTMOD V.2.3 BETA LINK .IMG FILE

Please report device type and working not working issues, personal preferences, or request are not accepted
            Hey xanny do you have a twrp flashable zip file for this update? If you dont have how can I convert this .img to .zip? I dont have a windows pc so flashing via TWRP is the only option for me.

Comment

Xannytech, Thank you so much for your Rom, the box goes smoothly, it's a real pleasure.
              I will wait for the final release because I have a small issue (not much trouble, I can live with it ) : I am quite fond of Nova launcher but I cannot put widgets (message: "paramaters stopped").
              Last edited by mu1111; 01-15-2017, 17:10.

Comment

Please report device type and working not working issues, personal preferences, or request are not accepted
                On my Nexbox a95x 2gb/16gb the rom is working great, but the remote on button is still not working, can't power up the box and can't wake up from suspend mode (the power off / reboot dialog is great)

One unimportant issue with the google play app is that it does not cover the full screen, saving the navbar size. Maybe this could affect other apps but I haven't found one.

Xanny, you have removed the Update&Backup app and I can't install Libreelec via the dummy update.zip method, but It can be installed typing in terminal emulator this line: reboot update. I have to look if this can be done with simple reboot app.

Thanks a lot for your great work.

Comment

Originally posted by mu1111 View Post
                  Xannytech, Thank you so much for your Rom, the box goes smoothly, it's a real pleasure.
                  I will wait for the final release because I have a small issue (not much trouble, I can live with it ) : I am quite fond of Nova launcher but I cannot put widgets (message: "paramaters stopped").
                  Interesting... maybe everything comes from my framework mod it's mess..

Comment

Originally posted by jmgandia View Post

On my Nexbox a95x 2gb/16gb the rom is working great, but the remote on button is still not working, can't power up the box and can't wake up from suspend mode (the power off / reboot dialog is great)

One unimportant issue with the google play app is that it does not cover the full screen, saving the navbar size. Maybe this could affect other apps but I haven't found one.

Xanny, you have removed the Update&Backup app and I can't install Libreelec via the dummy update.zip method, but It can be installed typing in terminal emulator this line: reboot update. I have to look if this can be done with simple reboot app.

Thanks a lot for your great work.
                    why don't simply use reboot to twrp? I left a useful app for reboot. About remote it's odd someone on xda told me that goes well ... have you tried just to use any other key to wakeup? sorry but i have no free time to investigate... maybe later...
                    Google play app, never had that issue...

Comment

Originally posted by Hez013 View Post

Hey xanny do you have a twrp flashable zip file for this update? If you dont have how can I convert this .img to .zip? I dont have a windows pc so flashing via TWRP is the only option for me.
                      my friend and users please read all the message you quoted i have no more freetime, this is a gift (because i'm very busy and i will more in the next 6 weeks) and a way to test that my mods are going in the right direction.
                      When i come back "fulltime" many things will come, but anyway if just i got two free hours i will post a zip. You can't do it yourself i have to decompile and recompile in another format to be zipped.

Comment

gonna give it a try...
                        tried it but when I pack your rom after replacing aml_sdc_burn.UBOOT and UBOOT.USB i get "fail to pack recovery.partition error"

Comment

tried it but when I pack your rom after replacing aml_sdc_burn.UBOOT and UBOOT.USB i get "fail to pack recovery.partition error"
                          I wrote you to not unpack the whole rom...there is always a reason when i write something... But you did it...
                          Unpack just level1 there is an option replaceUboot/kernel click just this option, then repack. AND AGAIN DO NOT TRY TO DO NOTHING MORE THAN THIS

Comment

Because this i told you to not unpack the whole rom... But you did it...
                            Unpack just level1 there is an option replaceUboot/kernel just this, then repack.
                            I did upack level 1 only. However I didn't use replace Uboot/kernel. I just deleted the 2 files in your rom and replaced them with the files from my stock rom. Will try it the way you told me.
                            thanks so much for the help.

Comment

I did upack level 1 only. However I didn't use replace Uboot/kernel. I just deleted the 2 files in your rom and replaced them with the files from my stock rom. Will try it the way you told me.
                              thanks so much for the help.
                              anyway you wrote "fail to pack recovery.partition error" this means that you unpacked all!

Comment

@Xannytech

is it possible to add bluetooth usb dongle support to your custom ROM ?

Comment

Working...
                                X