Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] XannyTech Custom Mod Rom + TWRP Recovey built-in - for MINIM8SII and other devices see first post.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lordgoku View Post
    Hello
    Can I flash this on a M8s II with AP6212A chip?
    My rom has Ap212A fw inside, but i dunno if someone has done a test.
    But anyway before flashing can you copy and send me a link of your /system/etc/wifi folder, cold be very useful to check (for all) and in case of emergency.
    Last edited by Xannytech; 01-13-2017, 18:21.

Comment

Originally posted by Xannytech View Post

My rom has Ap212A fw inside, but i dunno if someone has done a test.
      But anyway before flashing can you copy and send me a link of your /system/etc/wifi folder, cold be very useful to check (for all) and in case of emergency.
      Ok thanks. Should I use .IMG or Zip file?

Comment

Ok thanks. Should I use .IMG or Zip file?
        Gimme your folder then i will reply it's a really important thing to backup some files, i need tem to compare , the original .img or sd file of your Mini M8SII isn't anywhere.
        So what i can suggest you before flashing is to do a nandroid backup before.
        Simply download TWRP then put it in a empty sd card switch off your device and with a toothpick click the reset button at the bottom of it, plugging power and keeping the reset clicked.
        After a while you'll boot into TWRP recovery then through menus you'll find backup. save it in a safe place...
        Then you can use any flashing method you like zip or .img.

Comment

Gimme your folder then i will reply it's a really important thing to backup some files, i need tem to compare , the original .img or sd file of your Mini M8SII isn't anywhere.
          So what i can suggest you before flashing is to do a nandroid backup before.
          Simply download TWRP then put it in a empty sd card switch off your device and with a toothpick click the reset button at the bottom of it, plugging power and keeping the reset clicked.
          After a while you'll boot into TWRP recovery then through menus you'll find backup. save it in a safe place...
          Then you can use any flashing method you like zip or .img.
          I upload my folder: https://mega.nz/#!E9YS0LgR!yBUqRNRIC...eXVlrIgQmfHjeE
          but the problem is I'm not sure that my box have AP6212A,
          I supposed it because I bought it a short time ago and I can´t open it because warranty

Comment

I upload my folder: https://mega.nz/#!E9YS0LgR!yBUqRNRIC...eXVlrIgQmfHjeE
            but the problem is I'm not sure that my box have AP6212A,
            I supposed it because I bought it a short time ago and I can´t open it because warranty
            Thanks
            warranty for a chinese box? Amazon i hope
            Anyway you can safely flash my rom, i checked the folder and are identical byte to byte the v109.
            You can choose yourself which method would like to use for flashing the result is identical.

Comment

Thanks
              warranty for a chinese box? Amazon i hope
              Anyway you can safely flash my rom, i checked the folder and are identical byte to byte the v109.
              You can choose yourself which method would like to use for flashing the result is identical.
              Thank you

Your rom works very well. I suggest an app called "Root Booster" , increases speed significantly on this rom and stock rom
              Last edited by Lordgoku; 01-13-2017, 22:03.

Comment

Originally posted by blinkone View Post
                Thanks a lot

Comment

anyone know if this firmware works for T95x 2GB/16GB ?

Comment

I just got home and turned on the Beelink I have a s912 device on the way (wanting gigabit ethernet and the better gpu) so probably won't keep this one around too long But I wanted to at least report on WIFI hardware as well as the remote.conf i promised.

The remote.conf is in the zip file attached on this post, and the wifi chip used is the standard amlogic one that most other boxes share, so, nothing your fw does not support, (Did not test wifi performance, i ethernet connect it) Beelink Mini MX3 II

Attached Files

Comment

Netflix didn't work with this rom, I had to edit service.bootvideo=0 to make it work

Comment

XTMOD EX 2.3 open test beta version I WILL NOT POST THIS LINK IN FIRST PAGE
                        Test version should solve some issues like device that cannot be wake up with remote (nexbox), and many others, some wifi chips like AP6377 that comes with some Tanix tx5 pro are not supported, they need a whole new rom as manufaturer does, i will do it but in future.
                        I will be very busy from now, so left your impressions on forum and try to help each other Sometimes i will come to read.
                        Thanks to all for reading.

RELEASE NOTE/MODIFICATION FROM PREVIOUS VERSION:
                        - Based as the one before on Mini M8S II v109 firmware dated 7th November 2016;
                        - TWRP recovery totally reassembled by me for 6.01 devices;
                        - Updated Google services from 9.2.5.6 to 10.0.84;
                        - Fixed (probably) a bug some user reported with Netflix;
                        - Added SPMC optimizations;
                        - Update sqlite3 binary;
                        - Fixed some init.d scripts and added some for tweaking a bit;
                        - Added Ap6330 wifi chip support*;
                        - Added some more Bt chip support;
                        - Added few tweaks in init.d;
                        - Trimmed and optimized many ROM parameters for a little bit more speed (Antutu around 34100 stable);
                        - Fixed some invisible to the user, but ugly bug left by the manufacturer;
                        - Updated most of the APKS
                        - Removed VLC, Added Google Search (i use voice command a lot), SPMC instead of Kodi (cause many uses it and not Kodi 17)
                        - for sure many things i forgot to write.

Enjoy
                        Xanny

XTMOD v2.3 BETA4 .IMG (to be flashed with Amlogic burning tool and a male to male usb cable)
                        XTMOD v2.3 BETA4 ZIP (to be flashed with twrp or zip method with toothpick)

Please report device type and working not working issues, personal preferences, or request are not accepted
                        Last edited by Xannytech; 01-21-2017, 22:49.

Comment

Hi. How can I update from previos XTMOD without losing my apps and other stuff?

Comment

I have the Abox A1 Plus S905X AM53 android box and I can't get any custom rom, to include this one to boot after flashing.
                            Is there anyone else who has this box that has flashed this rom and got it to boot? After flashing it just stays on the logo screen.
                            thanks for any help I can get.

Comment

Hi Xannytech, I installed your new version (just tested connection speed, great !). I have noticed that I cannot connect to my Google account. Thanx for your help!
                              My device is the mini m8s II.
                              Edit: I made a clean reinstall, problem solved!
                              Last edited by mu1111; 01-15-2017, 13:21.

Comment

Originally posted by mu1111 View Post
                                Hi Xannytech, I installed your new version (just tested connection speed, great !). I have noticed that I cannot connect to my Google account. Thanx for your help!
                                My device is the mini m8s II.
                                Edit: I made a clean reinstall, problem solved!
                                was odd that you cannot connect i use the same rom, just some different apk

Comment

Working...
                                X