Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] XannyTech Custom Mod Rom + TWRP Recovey built-in - for MINIM8SII and other devices see first post.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yaniv View Post
    Hi, i have a strange problem. Uninstalled kodi 17, and installed 16.1 and after it started the device is shutting down. WTF?!
    ... never heard of such behaviour try spmc instead ... it's better than kodi 16.1

Comment

Originally posted by Xannytech View Post

... never heard of such behaviour try spmc instead ... it's better than kodi 16.1
      Is it compatible with kodi plugins such as Navi X?

I had kodi 17 problems start yesterday but then I found out my device was full. I am more used to the kodi 16.1 layout anyway so I uninstalled the one and reinstalled from playstore on this rom. Kodi is working fine for me. no problems.

Thanks for this rom by the way, I replaced my U2C T95X firmware with it, it runs much nicer than the stock one, and i love that enter button actually works with my keyboard

Comment

Originally posted by permabanned_pete View Post

Is it compatible with kodi plugins such as Navi X?

I had kodi 17 problems start yesterday but then I found out my device was full. I am more used to the kodi 16.1 layout anyway so I uninstalled the one and reinstalled from playstore on this rom. Kodi is working fine for me. no problems.

Thanks for this rom by the way, I replaced my U2C T95X firmware with it, it runs much nicer than the stock one, and i love that enter button actually works with my keyboard
        spmc it's a fork of kodi mantained by the "original" android kodi main developer, every plugin that works with kodi 16 will work on it

Comment

spmc it's a fork of kodi mantained by the "original" android kodi main developer, every plugin that works with kodi 16 will work on it
          thank you bro, i decided not to be a lazy butt and i went and installed it before i saw your reply, it is working great and i am no longer getting crashes when a streaming video is complete!

Comment

Try this copy in /system/lib the .ko files and give them 644 permissions
            MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Not sure it works, but i tried adding a backport library, it's an experiment. Let me know.
            sorry I was away..i will do testing today..ps KitKat was real easy to do wifi..wish this was easy..lol

Comment

Originally posted by hjpca View Post

sorry I was away..i will do testing today..ps KitKat was real easy to do wifi..wish this was easy..lol
              hmm it depends, if a kernel module is needed we cannot be sure it will work without recompiling, or not in a easy way for every user. but let me know.

Comment

ok it will not work also..i have been working on this wifi thing the very first day 5.0 and 6.0 came out...lol.....I think we do need kernel module..!!
                I own like over 20 android box"s starting with mk808b and up..luv playing around with software/firmware"s

Comment

ok it will not work also..i have been working on this wifi thing the very first day 5.0 and 6.0 came out...lol.....I think we do need kernel module..!!
                  I own like over 20 android box"s starting with mk808b and up..luv playing around with software/firmware"s
                  it's easy when in case of AP6330 you need just system/etc firmware and config when kernel modules are involved you just have to be very lucky that they compiled the module in a more "universal" way... i know that very well, but sometimes i bet on be lucky ... sorry.

Comment

just anoher stupid test, try to move the firmware folder in /system/etc not in system/etc/wifi and leave the libs in libs, check permissions and reboot, last chance

Comment

Quick question was this ROM updated sometime recently? I read back to page 23 and 1st post too but still not sure? I will upgrade if it is cause the screenshot looks new from when i installed a few weeks ago

Also what antenna did you use to upgrade wifi? my box is 5 feet from router and still disconnects all the time!!! argh out of ethernet space on router too

Edit: I reflashed cause i made mine act up a lil bit, it's reinstalling now, all looks good, didnt realize reset button was INSIDE the av port. weird. so its reloading now and ill set it back up. Thanks Xanny! But i still would like to know about upgrading the antenna, i have a pci mini to pci express adapter i used to use a wifi card in, i don't use it anymore, and i also have some old laptop wifi antennas, it just was not obvious to me where to solder to & if there was 1 or 2 solder points. i assume its the solder blob leading to the peice of yellow tape on the side? but just not sure where to attach my antenna to. Thanks in advance

Anyway looks like a new versionsplash screen says XTROM EX not Mini MS II now!
                      Last edited by permabanned_pete; 01-08-2017, 08:45.

Comment

Quick question was this ROM updated sometime recently? I read back to page 23 and 1st post too but still not sure? I will upgrade if it is cause the screenshot looks new from when i installed a few weeks ago

Also what antenna did you use to upgrade wifi? my box is 5 feet from router and still disconnects all the time!!! argh out of ethernet space on router too

Edit: I reflashed cause i made mine act up a lil bit, it's reinstalling now, all looks good, didnt realize reset button was INSIDE the av port. weird. so its reloading now and ill set it back up. Thanks Xanny! But i still would like to know about upgrading the antenna, i have a pci mini to pci express adapter i used to use a wifi card in, i don't use it anymore, and i also have some old laptop wifi antennas, it just was not obvious to me where to solder to & if there was 1 or 2 solder points. i assume its the solder blob leading to the peice of yellow tape on the side? but just not sure where to attach my antenna to. Thanks in advance

About Wifi i simply removed the old antenna and soldered the new one on the motherboard, it's a micro antenna cable so two point of soldering, not so easy if you're not skilled because the cable is very thin.
                        I buyed this antenna with cable .
                        If you have photos of your motherborad i can explain a little bit, but write me in PM.

Comment

Is there a new version of this rom?

Comment

Originally posted by Yaniv View Post

Is there a new version of this rom?
                            hmmm some users didn't like to read so i removed from first page any file from initial version and i left just the last one, very soon a will remove also AP6330 files links 'cause users (on xda and around the web) are doing weird things without knowing what they do, so i had to give them just the minimum.
                            When i will push out a new version i will just post a red link with written "click here"

Comment

hmmm some users didn't like to read so i removed from first page any file from initial version and i left just the last one, very soon a will remove also AP6330 files links 'cause users (on xda and around the web) are doing weird things without knowing what they do, so i had to give them just the minimum.
                              When i will push out a new version i will just post a red link with written "click here"

Comment

Anyway a "new" just revised and refined version is ready, i was waiting just cause i would like to add more wifi chips but actually i did just two test (AP6330 confirmed working and a unsuccessful Qualcomm 9377 test).
                                I would like to wait because next version will be the final of this kind of custom, i think i cannot do more, and i will work fully to port a android tv custom on tvboxes.
                                To be very clear will be just a revised and refined version i updated sqlite3 to the latest version, and worked a lot, but really a lot on various init.d scripts to speed up a little our device and automated cleaning... and a little fix for a weird ntp bug some reported on xda (2 users).
                                So no revolutions

Comment

Working...
                                X