Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] XannyTech Custom Mod Rom + TWRP Recovey built-in - for MINIM8SII and other devices see first post.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xannytech View Post

yes i know...
    But... i was replying and warn you for that :
    Thanks......

Comment

I have the nexbox a95x 2gb/16gb and I can confirm that after flashing Xanny's rom wifi is lost and the reset switch is not working anymore. The toothpick method cannot be used for restoring the original firmware or installing libreelec. I've found a simple way that involves the update&backup app. You have to follow the normal instructions for flashing firmware or libreelec and then copy the original nexbox recovery.img and a dummy Update.zip file to the sd card. Then run the Update&Backup app and select the Update.zip from the sd card and update. The box will reboot and install the firmware or libreelec. I hope this will be useful

Comment

Originally posted by jmgandia View Post
        I have the nexbox a95x 2gb/16gb and I can confirm that after flashing Xanny's rom wifi is lost and the reset switch is not working anymore. The toothpick method cannot be used for restoring the original firmware or installing libreelec. I've found a simple way that involves the update&backup app. You have to follow the normal instructions for flashing firmware or libreelec and then copy the original nexbox recovery.img and a dummy Update.zip file to the sd card. Then run the Update&Backup app and select the Update.zip from the sd card and update. The box will reboot and install the firmware or libreelec. I hope this will be useful
        thanks a lot fo sharing... i would like to give a full working rom to nexbox users, but there are 4 different chip for the same device but with different memory setting, so i should compile a fw for every device, is insane, so... i won't do that.
        Last edited by Xannytech; 01-04-2017, 09:59.

Comment

Is there an easy way to test whether Xanny's kernel has support for the ap6330 chip of the nexbox a95x 2gb/16gb or is it limited to the now working chips?

Comment

Is there an easy way to test whether Xanny's kernel has support for the ap6330 chip of the nexbox a95x 2gb/16gb or is it limited to the now working chips?
            easy way...? i can build a new version with ap6330 modules taken from a nexbox fw added, but probably will not work, just for fun i will if you'll test it for me. Just pm me.

Comment

For an easy way I was referring to something like: copy ap6330 drivers to wifi folder, change that config file and reboot, so to not have to build a new firmware. I don't know if it's possible. If kernel has a limited known list of chips that can only work it'll be useless.

Comment

For an easy way I was referring to something like: copy ap6330 drivers to wifi folder, change that config file and reboot, so to not have to build a new firmware. I don't know if it's possible. If kernel has a limited known list of chips that can only work it'll be useless.
                i don think it can be done as mentioned by Xannytech before.

Originally posted by Xannytech View Post

It's not so simple, wifi modules (drivers) normally will not work on a different kernel build, i tried, but did not work

Comment

wait a little i will give you a link with just kernel modules... it's just a test

https://mega.nz/#!plVhCD7S!FNOupsbsP...DWMc3JJ5mvQ_YI
                  copy AP6330 folder in /system/etc/wifi . Obviously give to it the right permissions AP6330 folder permissions 755 and give 644 to all the file inside the folder. Reboot and let me know.
                  eventually do some experimentations with them cause in the original fw the path is like this : /system/etc/wifi/AP6330/Wi-Fi/(all the config and .bin files) in my custom the wifi folder is :
                  /system/etc/wifi/(wifichipname)/(all the config and .bin files)
                  So maybe you can try first the original path then moving all the config and .bin files just in AP6330 folder.
                  I hope you understand what i meant
                  Last edited by Xannytech; 01-04-2017, 13:51.

Comment

Because the user do not replied yet... some other with AP6330 could kindly do this test for me?

Comment

I just test it and it works. I was checking all possible configuration of name folder and with/out wifi folder, and it only works with the name and structure like the original rom. Only had to change permissions.

Comment

I just test it and it works. I was checking all possible configuration of name folder and with/out wifi folder, and it only works with the name and structure like the original rom. Only had to change permissions.
                        so i will add AP6330 wifi modules in next rom
                        Any other users with wifi problem would like to do other test with different modules, so i will add them in next more universal release.

Comment

I was trying to figure out why the toothpick method is not working after flashing Xanny's firmware. I reflash the original recovery of the nexbox a95x 2gb/16gb and the reset switch doesn't work yet. Maybe something in the rom related to the proper device?

Comment

I was trying to figure out why the toothpick method is not working after flashing Xanny's firmware. I reflash the original recovery of the nexbox a95x 2gb/16gb and the reset switch doesn't work yet. Maybe something in the rom related to the proper device?
                            Your reset switch is working, but your original FW has a non standard way to flash, probably is the uboot, i don't know.
                            the only way i know actually, but i'm happy that you're curious and would like to help, is at this time to flash back TWRP (because you gone back to original recovery), and then use the file i provided to the other nexbox users, the script will flash back uboot, recovery etc, so the device will accept back the odd methos they choose to flash, and with toothpick method you can flash back your original 2/16 fw.
                            No software can block a reset switch, because the reset is done simply shorcircuiting two wire, no chip, no software.

Comment

So next version will come out with some more wifi chips support added, i'm not sure all will work, but i'll try to add them, for now we know that ap6330 is working, if someone can give me a list... and would be a tester could be useful.
                              Last edited by Xannytech; 01-04-2017, 18:18.

Comment

A little question:
                                how many of you use VLC?

Comment

Working...
                                X