Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] XannyTech Custom Mod Rom + TWRP Recovey built-in - for MINIM8SII and other devices see first post.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dilo96 View Post
    Hi Xannytech, i'm new and i'm italian (sorry for my english), i have a big problem and after tried everything... i came here to ask you directly.
    I bought a Zenoplige TX5 Pro a i've installed your rom... till here all right, then i wanted to return to stock (because i lost wi-fi, i know my chip is 9377), but the recovery TWRP said me "this package is for p212 devices; this is a nexbox_a95x". It's not true because my device is a p212, i've also checked in the build.prop and it says "ro.pruduct.device = p212".
    So i wanted to check the build.prop of the recovery and i unpacked the "recovery.img".
    Effectively it says "ro.pruduct.device = nexbox_a95x" (i don't know why), to try to resolve the issue i've edited the file with notepad++ and i repacked the img (with the tool 'ALL_phones_Boot_Recovery_repack_util_for_WINDOWS_ v2', google for it).
    i done all in the right way but after flashed the new recovery with the bypass for device check, my TX5 can't boot into recovery anymore... it shows the boot logo two times as if it tries to enter in recovery but cannot, so boot normally.
    The result is i can use the rom but i can't update or return to stock.
    I've also tried in terminal emulator to flash the original recovery (and TWRP without my changes) with the command "su dd if=/path/recovery.img of=/dev/recovery".
    The command is succesful but when i execute "reboot recovery", it reboot always without enter in recovery.
    What can i do? Please help me if you can, and thanks for everything! ;(
    Mi sembra di capire che hai provato a flashare solo tramite recovery, e zip, prova con Amlogic_USB_burning_tool_2.0.8: vedrai che risolvi, se non hai il cavo, prendi due vecchi cavi usb, li tagli e li saldi o attacchi per bene colore per colore. La recovery ti dice che è per Nexbox, perchè chi ha compilato TWRP lo ha fatto per un nexbox, ma funziona su tutti. Oppure prova non partendo dalla recovery ma usando il pulsante reset (con lo stuzzicadenti) e lo zip del fw originale nella sd formattata fat32. Se hai problemi scrivimi in privato prima che sia troppo tardi.

From your report seems to me that you tried just with .zip method with yur original fw, I think you must flash your original fw back with Amlogic_USB_burning_tool_2.0.8: If you do not have a male to male usb cable do it by yourself, cutting two old usb cable and solder the wire color matching. Or try to put your original zip upgrade file in a sd formatted in fat32, then use toothpick metod. should work. If you cannot solve, write me PM, before it's too late
    Last edited by Xannytech; 12-21-2016, 21:10.

Comment

Originally posted by reverendo View Post
      Thanks so much Xannytech.

Before I have a go flashing frm stock, can I ask, does your image have correct remote config file, or do i need to back that up first so I can replace it after flashing?
      Reverendo... which device please... sorry but i cannot guess...

Comment

Originally posted by esloudan View Post
        I have the tx5 pro. Only thing im having issues with is power on. It powers off and all other fucntions work fine. Just seems to not wanna power on. Anyone have a suggestion?
        I had a similar problem. Replacing batteries with new ones in the remote control solved it.

Comment

Originally posted by Xannytech View Post

Reverendo... which device please... sorry but i cannot guess...
          Apologies, Mine is the Mini M8S II
          Still in the box!

Comment

Originally posted by reverendo View Post

Apologies, Mine is the Mini M8S II
            Still in the box!
            Flash it without any problem, the remote.conf built-in is for you device. But please before is better to test that your device work properly THEN flash my FW, so you're sure it's not faulty device...
            Nice Nickname.

Comment

Originally posted by Xannytech View Post

Flash it without any problem, the remote.conf built-in is for you device. But please before is better to test that your device work properly THEN flash my FW, so you're sure it's not faulty device...
              Nice Nickname.
              Will do thanks Xannytech. Then I will report back here

Comment

Interesting rom.

Does automatic frame rate work on this rom? Does it work at 24p resolution?

This box has 2 version wifi chip . With the original firmware and the first chip wifi, I get good download rates but with the second chip, the download rates are very bad .. Maybe you need to adapt the drivers ¿this rom has those drivers for the second chip?

Another question, in some review is low rate for ethernet port. Does the rom improve this?

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by tosu View Post
                  Interesting rom.

This box has 2 version wifi chip . With the original firmware and the first chip wifi, I get good download rates but with the second chip, the download rates are very bad .. Maybe you need to adapt the drivers ¿this rom has those drivers for the second chip?

Another question, in some review is low rate for ethernet port. Does the rom improve this?

Thank you.
                  Just flesh that ROM and you will see. 24p works,but not in kodi17.....

Comment

Originally posted by tosu View Post
                    Interesting rom.

Thank you.
                    Hi Tosu, just please specify your device i wrote before to another user i cannot guess this Rom is based on V109 Official (kernel compiled 7/11/2016) Fw for Mini M8S II, has autoframerate enabled in kernel by me, but you've to use SPMC, i prefer Kodi 17b6 for many reasons, but if you're interested in autorefresh you'd use SPMC.
                    About ethernet i did some net optimizations, but i never used ethernet it so maybe some other user could give you a correct reply to you.

Comment

Hi there! Today I get my first android box, but it has a obscure brand (like most Chinese products). Printed on the case is 'Exbom OTT-A10' and in Android system 'MediaBox p212'. Trying to find exact 'model' don't return anything, so it's hard to find where to start, I try to identify some other device that shares the same board, the most near I can get was 'Tanix TX5' the 'non-pro' version (s905x, 2gb ram, 8gb nand).
                      So, my questions: can I flash this Rom on this device, since 'almost every p212 boards should work'?
                      Can I flash custom recovery to make a stock Rom backup, right? But I don't know what recovery build I use for this.

Any help will be appreciated! Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by jefferzombie View Post
                        Hi there! Today I get my first android box, but it has a obscure brand (like most Chinese products). Printed on the case is 'Exbom OTT-A10' and in Android system 'MediaBox p212'. Trying to find exact 'model' don't return anything, so it's hard to find where to start, I try to identify some other device that shares the same board, the most near I can get was 'Tanix TX5' the 'non-pro' version (s905x, 2gb ram, 8gb nand).
                        So, my questions: can I flash this Rom on this device, since 'almost every p212 boards should work'?
                        Can I flash custom recovery to make a stock Rom backup, right? But I don't know what recovery build I use for this.

This rom will most likely work on your box. I have a mini m8s ii box which i bought in september. Because of the catalogue of bug issues associated with the very first batches of this box, i flashed the rom of Tanix tx5 (non pro) on it, and it has been superb ever since, ethernet, wifi, bluetooth, remote etc. All the p212 boxes are essentially the same rom in different casing. However, for your peace of mind, you can back up your stock rom before flashing.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetnonso

This rom will most likely work on your box. I have a mini m8s ii box which i bought in september. Because of the catalogue of bug issues associated with the very first batches of this box, i flashed the rom of Tanix tx5 (non pro) on it, and it has been superb ever since, ethernet, wifi, bluetooth, remote etc. All the p212 boxes are essentially the same rom in different casing. However, for your peace of mind, you can back up your stock rom before flashing.
                          Thank you so much for the response.

Can you tell me an working build of TWRP for p212? It can be flashed trough micro SD or only via USB burning tool? I don't have an male/male USB Cabe for now.

Thanx!

Comment

It's likely but perhaps you can take some detailed pictures of the board in order to see if it matches another specifically identifiable box.
                            R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Thank you so much for the response.

Can you tell me an working build of TWRP for p212? It can be flashed trough micro SD or only via USB burning tool? I don't have an male/male USB Cabe for now.

Thanx!
                              You can check this link (http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-0-probox2-air) , the TWRP on there has worked on many devices with similar roms as yours. You can only flash via USB burning tool.

Comment

This is a detailed picture of the components.
                                Thanx everybody!

Comment

Working...
                                X