Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] XannyTech Custom Mod Rom + TWRP Recovey built-in - for MINIM8SII and other devices see first post.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xannytech View Post
    Thanks Xannytech for this upgrade of your ROM

There are some of the feedback after using it on my Nexbox A5 2G/16G

I use the USB tool for the upgrade : Everyting went smooth
    On first start it took about 8 mins frozen on your boot image then there it was...

As your first version it is very stable on my box ( more than oiginal FW) ... no app crash or unwanted reboot

On this version Bluetooth work with my box
    Wifi does not work on the A5 as the previous version (when adding the AP6330 driver or replacing wifi folder in system/ect/ )

The remote only power off the device.

I had problem with the Passthrough Fix app. After I gave it all permission, as per instruction, and reboot it; I never got the notifiation. I try to reboot many time and wait but no lock, until hours later after I install an app it just happen... But it didn't fix anything, before and after the fix apply the result were the same:

Audio using hdmi passthough:
    Kodi DD: OK DTS: nothing (as per previous version)
    MX player: DD:nothing DTS: nothing (before the fix I had I bit of noise; [ In previous version DD and DTS passthrough were working ])
    VLC DD: OK DTS: nothing (same as in previous version; VLC is unstable with some DTS file)
    Plex DD: OK DTS: nothing

Comment

you got an error in Velocity plugin, cause probably it's not been updated by the plugin mantainer for the new kodi 17. Just contact him or check if someone is working on it on kodi forum.
      Thanks Xannytech. I will ask over at the Velocity forum.

Comment

that's really strange but... just try to switch HDMI CEC on and the off and do the test again, or really don't know what is happening
        Mystery solved !!!
        The box wakes up when i press the "OK" button of the TV remote control !!! My TV is LG 42LN5400.

Comment

Originally posted by 21nikolas View Post

Mystery solved !!!
          The box wakes up when i press the "OK" button of the TV remote control !!! My TV is LG 42LN5400.
          Ive found the same! My TV remote power button must be same frequency as the S905x that I have (Mini M8S II). I wondered why I always saw my box shutting down every time I turned on TV!

Comment

Originally posted by reverendo View Post

Ive found the same! My TV remote power button must be same frequency as the S905x that I have (Mini M8S II). I wondered why I always saw my box shutting down every time I turned on TV!
            Just try to activate cec on box and TV ,

Comment

Originally posted by mallox View Post

On first start it took about 8 mins frozen on your boot image then there it was...

As your first version it is very stable on my box ( more than oiginal FW) ... no app crash or unwanted reboot

Wifi does not work on the A5 as the previous version (when adding the AP6330 driver or replacing wifi folder in system/ect/ )

I had problem with the Passthrough Fix app. After I gave it all permission, as per instruction, and reboot it; I never got the notifiation. I try to reboot many time and wait but no lock, until hours later after I install an app it just happen... But it didn't fix anything, before and after the fix apply the result were the same:

MX player: DD:nothing DTS: nothing (before the fix I had I bit of noise; [ In previous version DD and DTS passthrough were working ])
              VLC DD: OK DTS: nothing (same as in previous version; VLC is unstable with some DTS file)
              Can you try latest spmc?

Comment

Hi. I just bought a Mini M8S II and I'm having issues with wifi and app stability. I've tried updating the fw. I contacted the seller and was provided with stock rv102, which updated via OTA to rv106. Went crazy over the enter key issue and found Vontar's rv109, flashed it, and I'm back to the same as before... wifi problems and app stability. I got a powerline adapter so I semi-fixed the wifi issue (ie. I stopped using wifi) but I'm still having problems with app stability. My continuous search to fix this issue has led me to this forum and XannyTech's Custom fw.

I know people are mad about Kodi but I use the box for everything else +Kodi. I'm going crazy because apps randomly keep on closing/stop working for no reason. Also, the default browser is out-of-date and I can't seem to update it because it's some linux version of chrome. My webcam also has a hard time connecting to the stock camera app or Skype. Stock apps just don't work very well in general. I didn't have this kind of problem with my MXQ (just sound issues).

XannyTech, I don't know much about these fw but it seems that you've done a lot of work on fixing many issues with the Mini M8S II... can I ask, does your moded fw address some of these issues I've mentioned or just issues with Kodi? I would really appreciate it if you could help me out with this. Every time I in the middle of using an app and it stops working on and closes. It's driving me crazy.

Comment

Does this have any wired 360 controller support or better still, wireless 360 or PS3 controller support?

Comment

Originally posted by 00newbie View Post
                    Hi. I just bought a Mini M8S II and I'm having issues with wifi and app stability. I've tried updating the fw. I contacted the seller and was provided with stock rv102, which updated via OTA to rv106. Went crazy over the enter key issue and found Vontar's rv109, flashed it, and I'm back to the same as before... wifi problems and app stability. I got a powerline adapter so I semi-fixed the wifi issue (ie. I stopped using wifi) but I'm still having problems with app stability. My continuous search to fix this issue has led me to this forum and XannyTech's Custom fw.

I know people are mad about Kodi but I use the box for everything else +Kodi. I'm going crazy because apps randomly keep on closing/stop working for no reason. Also, the default browser is out-of-date and I can't seem to update it because it's some linux version of chrome. My webcam also has a hard time connecting to the stock camera app or Skype. Stock apps just don't work very well in general. I didn't have this kind of problem with my MXQ (just sound issues).

XannyTech, I don't know much about these fw but it seems that you've done a lot of work on fixing many issues with the Mini M8S II... can I ask, does your moded fw address some of these issues I've mentioned or just issues with Kodi? I would really appreciate it if you could help me out with this. Every time I in the middle of using an app and it stops working on and closes. It's driving me crazy.
                    HI, welcome in our forum
                    I suggest you to test my Rom, i never got any app closing randomly. Vontar's v109 is just a v106 with custom logo and a single fix.

Comment

i agree try SPMC 16.5.3

Comment

Originally posted by Methanoid View Post
                        Does this have any wired 360 controller support or better still, wireless 360 or PS3 controller support?
                        yes it has, i use regularly on it a old wireless 360 controller, the light of the controller will flash instead of be fixed, but it works pretty well as remote or as gamepd in the apps that support that function.

Comment

Originally posted by bajann View Post

Can you try latest spmc?
                          Thanks Bajann for the tip.

I install SPMC from google play. It didn't install latest version (16.5.4) but the 16.5.3
                          Do you know why it's not the latest version? on google play it says it depend of your device, but I doubt it's that...

With the second version of the ROM (december 2016) using SPMC I get DTS and also DTS-HD and DD passthrout woking. And so far it seem stable, because with ROM version one SPMC was crashing regularly.

The setting I use was :

For system:audio
                          "IEC Passthrough", DD, DTS : ON

For video:acceleration
                          amcodec : OFF

So this Rom is:
                          Code:
                          - Kodi bloated addon removed + Kodi optimization Built-in
                          Xannytech or anyone else who may know the answer

In SPMC is there setting to be change or anything else, like it's been done in Kodi to optimize it for the box.

Thanks again for the great work Xannytech

And have a on me for the holidays !

Comment

Thanks Bajann for the tip.

I install SPMC from google play. It didn't install latest version (16.5.4) but the 16.5.3
                            Do you know why it's not the latest version? on google play it says it depend of your device, but I doubt it's that...

With the second version of the ROM (december 2016) using SPMC I get DTS and also DTS-HD and DD passthrout woking. And so far it seem stable, because with ROM version one SPMC was crashing regularly.

The setting I use was :

For system:audio
                            "IEC Passthrough", DD, DTS : ON

For video:acceleration
                            amcodec : OFF

Xannytech or anyone else who may know the answer

In SPMC is there setting to be change or anything else, like it's been done in Kodi to optimize it for the box.

Thanks again for the great work Xannytech

And have a on me for the holidays !
                            Thanks a lot received just few mins ago
                            About optimization, with TotalCommander go to /sdcard/Android/data/org.xmbc.kodi and go in until you reach Userdata opend the folder and copy (longpress will open a menu list) advancedsettings.xml
                            Copy that file in /sdcard/Android/data/com.semperpax.spmc16 ....>inside userdata folder.
                            Most of the optimizations are there.
                            do not move/copy anything else or SPMC will crash.
                            If you would like to use autorefreshrate left amcodec:ON , if you do not need autorefresh rate left amcodec:OFF gives just problems

Comment

Kindly pm me optimize version of advancesettings.xml because I had uninstalled ur default kodi 17 6 beta version....

Comment

Originally posted by rajawaqas View Post
                                Kindly pm me optimize version of advancesettings.xml because I had uninstalled ur default kodi 17 6 beta version....
                                It's in the same location i wrote before, you cannot delete it just uninstalling kodi.

Comment

Working...
                                X