Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] XannyTech Custom Mod Rom + TWRP Recovey built-in - for MINIM8SII and other devices see first post.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about for tx5 pro 9377wifi chip?

Comment

Originally posted by blyx21 View Post
      How about for tx5 pro 9377wifi chip?
      gimme a link to your fw i will see what i can do

Comment

Originally posted by Xannytech View Post
        A little question:
        how many of you use VLC?
        4%

Comment

I use VLC sometimes because it loads faster than kodi

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Comment

Your reset switch is working, but your original FW has a non standard way to flash, probably is the uboot, i don't know.
            the only way i know actually, but i'm happy that you're curious and would like to help, is at this time to flash back TWRP (because you gone back to original recovery), and then use the file i provided to the other nexbox users, the script will flash back uboot, recovery etc, so the device will accept back the odd methos they choose to flash, and with toothpick method you can flash back your original 2/16 fw.
            No software can block a reset switch, because the reset is done simply shorcircuiting two wire, no chip, no software.
            I was trying to link the reset switch with the remote on button. Maybe what disable the reset switch also is preventing the remote on button to work. I flashed the zip file, but without the firmware files, only the *.img files, and the reset switch was working again, but the system is gone, I don't know if it was erased or was inaccesible, so I reflashed the original firmware. Is ti possible that the boot.img or bootloader.img are responsible for the switch and the on/off button? Can I flash only those files without losing the system?

Thanks a lot Xanny

Comment

VLC useless in my case. Why do you ask Xanny?

Comment

Xannytech,

Just to let you know that the cast to youtube is not working on my Nexbox A5.

I did a fast read of the last couple page on the forum and saw that you were looking to have people run test for you on AP6330 device. I be happy to do so. I will go back read more closely and should have time to test by tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by jmgandia View Post

I was trying to link the reset switch with the remote on button. Maybe what disable the reset switch also is preventing the remote on button to work. I flashed the zip file, but without the firmware files, only the *.img files, and the reset switch was working again, but the system is gone, I don't know if it was erased or was inaccesible, so I reflashed the original firmware. Is ti possible that the boot.img or bootloader.img are responsible for the switch and the on/off button? Can I flash only those files without losing the system?

Thanks a lot Xanny
                  yes you can but i must write a script for you we can do some tests (probably bootloader that contains your original uboot is responsible), not boot.img that prevent you device to switch on from remote
                  Boot.img contains... ok is too long to explain and will become a developer lesson... anyway...
                  Just to be sure, what exactly did to my zip and which file you removed...?
                  Not so easy to understand for normal users what is firmware, to me seem that you just removed system partition
                  Is dangerous for your device do such experimentations without knowledge... be careful!
                  Last edited by Xannytech; 01-05-2017, 01:04.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfynwo View Post
                    VLC useless in my case. Why do you ask Xanny?
                    i want to remove it from "base" apk and add something more useful.
                    Last edited by Xannytech; 01-05-2017, 01:12.

Comment

Originally posted by mallox View Post
                      Xannytech,

Just to let you know that the cast to youtube is not working on my Nexbox A5.

I did a fast read of the last couple page on the forum and saw that you were looking to have people run test for you on AP6330 device. I be happy to do so. I will go back read more closely and should have time to test by tomorrow.
                      when is ready i will post a test release open to whom had wifi issues so wait just some days.
                      But for now:
                      https://mega.nz/#!plVhCD7S!FNOupsbsP...DWMc3JJ5mvQ_YI
                      copy AP6330 folder in /system/etc/wifi . Obviously give to it the right permissions AP6330 folder permissions 755 and give 644 to all the file inside the folder. Reboot and let me know.
                      Last edited by Xannytech; 01-05-2017, 01:15.

Comment

Just to be sure, what exactly did to my zip and which file you removed...?
                        I only flashed the boot.img, bootloader.img, dtb.img, logo.img and recovery.img, removing the system files. I supposed that this would leave the system untouched, but after reboot the system didn't start.

Comment

I only flashed the boot.img, bootloader.img, dtb.img, logo.img and recovery.img, removing the system files. I supposed that this would leave the system untouched, but after reboot the system didn't start.
                          it's normal for two reason, 1 you flashed a different kernel, 2 the script erase your data before flashing.

Comment

it's normal for two reason, 1 you flashed a different kernel, 2 the script erase your data before flashing.
                            Ok. That explains it. is the kernel in the boot.img? Is the bootloader independent of the boot.img?

Comment

I am having headaches with stuttering in my nexbox a95x 2gb/16gb. With original firmware kodi and spmc usually are smooth, but sometimes stutter arises unexplained. Other apps stutter no matter what I do, or the display hz. Ted talk stutters but Ted TV is working fine. Amazon Prime Video sometimes seems to work fine, other times not. More than simple stuttering it seems like faulty screen redrawing. With Xanny's firmware the video playback has improved a lot, but those apps keep not showing smooth playback, except kodi and spmc. I don't know if it's system's fault or device's or app's. Is there some config file I can modify to try to lessen the stuttering?

I've realized that kodi doesn't notice change in display hz. If I start kodi at 60hz, play some video, then change settings to 24hz, then return to kodi and play again, then kodi will not notice the 24p and keeps playing with 3:2 pulldown, causing judder. That was a headache until I realized that. Am I missing some config option?

Comment

I am having headaches with stuttering in my nexbox a95x 2gb/16gb. With original firmware kodi and spmc usually are smooth, but sometimes stutter arises unexplained. Other apps stutter no matter what I do, or the display hz. Ted talk stutters but Ted TV is working fine. Amazon Prime Video sometimes seems to work fine, other times not. More than simple stuttering it seems like faulty screen redrawing. With Xanny's firmware the video playback has improved a lot, but those apps keep not showing smooth playback, except kodi and spmc. I don't know if it's system's fault or device's or app's. Is there some config file I can modify to try to lessen the stuttering?

I've realized that kodi doesn't notice change in display hz. If I start kodi at 60hz, play some video, then change settings to 24hz, then return to kodi and play again, then kodi will not notice the 24p and keeps playing with 3:2 pulldown, causing judder. That was a headache until I realized that. Am I missing some config option?
                                For autorefresh rate use SPMC and my rom, if you want to do a test flash back my rom and i will give you a link with a zipfile that will flash just bootloader.
                                About the settings... there are so many things to change and many are not accessible for you.
                                Flash it through TWRP and let me know... it's important for you and other nexbox users
                                NEXBOX BOOTLOADER
                                Last edited by Xannytech; 01-05-2017, 12:15.

Comment

Working...
                                X