Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] XannyTech Custom Mod Rom + TWRP Recovey built-in - for MINIM8SII and other devices see first post.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by steocullen91 View Post
    USB burning tool wouldn't allow me to flash a recovery image, only a full ROM.
    I just used stock firmware with usb burning tool and it didn't load firmware. What am I supposed to do? Burning tool didn't even show any message, no progress bar anything, (like I didn't connect box) don't know if it should show some message never used it before...
    Here is what I did:
    1. Opened usb tool
    2. loaded original rooted stock image
    3. selected configuration: Erase flash-normal erase, erase bootloader and reset after success.
    4. clicked start
    5. connected box with usb cable (tried both ports i have) note: ac power plug isn't connected, only hdmi and usb
    6. nothing happened

PS: my usb cable has written on it: "Do not use as usb direct connecting cable between 2 pc's/notebooks" - Could that be a problem? - it is usb 2.0 hama

Am I screwed?

Comment

sorry...just clicked on "overwrite key" in configuration and it started to download ...will see ...
      box is working again... I am so happy...
      Thank you steocullen91 for your help and time

Comment

is they any way to port over wifi drivers to different rom... im trying to port over 9377 drivers , i have read many things and tried alot of things its the only thing im stuck on right now .... followed many guides etc any insight would be greatly appreciated

Comment

Now you both got my attention MOVE ON. Make another thread for the wifi issue iam sure one of us will offer some help. To the others its not your Thread its the Devs if things need to be controlled we will do it. Its how you say things that make it easy to get others upset. (Recommend starting a thread to get help dont start with a negative.)
          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by fluoir View Post
            sorry...just clicked on "overwrite key" in configuration and it started to download ...will see ...
            box is working again... I am so happy...
            Thank you steocullen91 for your help and time
            No problem at least you got it sorted.

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
            Now you both got my attention MOVE ON. Make another thread for the wifi issue iam sure one of us will offer some help. To the others its not your Thread its the Devs if things need to be controlled we will do it. Its how you say things that make it easy to get others upset. (Recommend starting a thread to get help dont start with a negative.)
            Didn't see the posts from earlier so thought that was my fault lol.
            Last edited by steocullen91; 02-14-2017, 03:22. Reason: Recap over earlier
            "HANDS ARE NATURES FORKS" -Rigby

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
              Well said scooter
              Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever

Comment

I am using infrared remote with my box (because wifi one attractts alien signal to my head LOL ) and I want to remap one button to work as app switcher button from native navigation bar.
                I downloaded this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...eymapredefiner
                It works nice I remapped the key but app switch key doesn't work. (it works with menu button for example).
                I also tried this with xposed edge module and app switch button also didn't work but others did...
                Is there something in this ROM I can change so it recognizes the app switch command?

Comment

Also do you know about better alternative app switcher? (not pie and not circle) something like native marshmallow or new nougat has? What do you like to use for switching between apps?

Comment

You'll probably have to do something with remote.conf or system/usr/keylayout/Vendor0001_Product_0001.kl. There are commands in both files that change what the box picks up when you press a key. If the box doesn't pick up the command at all it's probably remote.conf.

Comment

You'll probably have to do something with remote.conf or system/usr/keylayout/Vendor0001_Product_0001.kl. There are commands in both files that change what the box picks up when you press a key. If the box doesn't pick up the command at all it's probably remote.conf.
                      Perfect, Thank you so much.... I figured it out....it was in "Vendor0001_Product_0001.kl" it had different key code assigned to that button than mkr application. Just changed to the same and rebooted. Works nice...

Comment

Sorry if this question is discussed in this thread already but couldnt figure out the solution.
                        After flashing this great custom ROM, my brightness shooted up, i turned down my TV brightness but also loosing the picture quality at the same time.
                        When playing HDR movies, the brightness is too high where i cant see the actual picture

Anyone have a solution and works for them please share your solution for me, need them badly.

Comment

Originally posted by ssarava9 View Post
                          Sorry if this question is discussed in this thread already but couldnt figure out the solution.
                          After flashing this great custom ROM, my brightness shooted up, i turned down my TV brightness but also loosing the picture quality at the same time.
                          When playing HDR movies, the brightness is too high where i cant see the actual picture

Anyone have a solution and works for them please share your solution for me, need them badly.
                          I'm not entirely sure but maybe the rom outputs limited RGB instead of full RGB. Try putting your TV black levels on low and see it that helps.

Comment

I'm not entirely sure but maybe the rom outputs limited RGB instead of full RGB. Try putting your TV black levels on low and see it that helps.
                            I already reduced my TV black levels but im losing the picture quality considerably

HDR is not working on this ROM, 4K movies throwing out on the brightness

I tried another ROM which is based out of Xanny (MXQ Pro 4K)

by Toetje583 which works great with deep black level and right color mode, the only problem in that ROM is i'm not able to turn on the device using my Nexbox remote.
                            HDR and 4K works great on this using Kodi 17

Comment

I already reduced my TV black levels but im losing the picture quality considerably

by Toetje583 which works great with deep black level and right color mode, the only problem in that ROM is i'm not able to turn on the device using my Nexbox remote.
                              You have 4k HDR TV?What ROM you use beta or latest final XTMOD ?

Comment

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...custom-mod-rom
                                What you can do is get amlogic customization tool and take the uboot from the other firmware and put it into that one. I made a little guide about how to do it a few pages back on this thread. That makes the remote power it on again.

It's on page 61

Comment

Working...
                                X