Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] XannyTech Custom Mod Rom + TWRP Recovey built-in - for MINIM8SII and other devices see first post.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kuno View Post

How's about buying the software? The rom you have was offered to you free of charge so the least you can do is spend some money for what you want to do. Without money being spent devs won't do projects. Just think of what position xannytech would be in if he put a 5 dollar fee on his work. He'd be able to dedicate himself full time to this as I am sure it's been downloaded at least 1000 times. But he is not charging and thus we need to be patient.

the software in the play store is the same. A lot of those devs do it as their full time job. So without your support there will be no more software like what you want. Buy it. Support the devs.
    yes, and thankx again.
    A very short O.T. when i was a full time XDA developer (many years ago) for a couple of very popular phone i got so many donations... and i used them to buy other devices to develop and it was a fulltime work indeed. Then something changed so many requests, so many devices, until 20000 yes 20000 downloads and very few donations,so no problem, but i had a life, a house and so i accepted to work for HTC, i was so much insulted in so many ways that you cannot imagine, then i retired from xda scene and custom rom developing scene.
    So now i did and i do this just for fun, i got maybe 100$ of donations, for around 8.000 installations or reinstallations (don't know) of my rom, but i don't care, it's not a problem and it's not my primary work, if you like it i'm happy, just do not harass me, i did and i do this just for help users like me

Comment

Originally posted by Kuno View Post

How's about buying the software? The rom you have was offered to you free of charge so the least you can do is spend some money for what you want to do. Without money being spent devs won't do projects. Just think of what position xannytech would be in if he put a 5 dollar fee on his work. He'd be able to dedicate himself full time to this as I am sure it's been downloaded at least 1000 times. But he is not charging and thus we need to be patient.

the software in the play store is the same. A lot of those devs do it as their full time job. So without your support there will be no more software like what you want. Buy it. Support the devs.

I was asking for free alternative just because I wanted to try other apps first before buing something. At the end I decided to buy Visor license. I like the app...Can recommend...
      Last edited by fluoir; 02-19-2017, 00:32.

Comment

Can I change in this rom boot logo so I can have back original Nexbox a95x logo ? is there a way?

Comment

Originally posted by fluoir View Post
          Can I change in this rom boot logo so I can have back original Nexbox a95x logo ? is there a way?
          Yes, use Amlogic customization tool and extract level 1 and replace boot image to Nexbox A95X, instructions below

CNXSoft: Bear in mind that there are multiple versions of Nexbox A95X. Yesterday, I published the review of Nexbox A95X with Android 6.0, with the model

Comment

Originally posted by ssarava9 View Post

Yes, use Amlogic customization tool and extract level 1 and replace boot image to Nexbox A95X, instructions below

http://www.cnx-software.com/2016/08/...al-with-nexbox
            Thank you ssarava9

One question...After unpacking I get an error: "The startup logo is invalid" any idea how to fix this? ...And it won't load poweron logo and bootup logo in "product info" tab

Update: I repacked xannytech's rom with changed boot logo but when I flashed the rom it had logo unchanged... any advice?
            Last edited by fluoir; 02-20-2017, 15:21.

Comment

I am having this problem on nex A95x: When I reboot into recovery box is stuck on black screen I have to reflash the rom again to use box.
              First time this happend was when I installed "CWM boot manager" and changed from twrp recovery to cwm. I reflashed rom at least 3 times since than. What did I do and how can I fix this please? Is is something in your rom Xannytech or I did something?

Comment

I am having this problem on nex A95x: When I reboot into recovery box is stuck on black screen I have to reflash the rom again to use box.
                First time this happend was when I installed "CWM boot manager" and changed from twrp recovery to cwm. I reflashed rom at least 3 times since than. What did I do and how can I fix this please? Is is something in your rom Xannytech or I did something?
                This is definitely not Xannytech issue, you might have missed uboot or bootloader partitiion while packing, i will try to get an image with Nexbox boot logo this evening if i can be successful

Comment

This is definitely not Xannytech issue, you might have missed uboot or bootloader partitiion while packing, i will try to get an image with Nexbox boot logo this evening if i can be successful
                  Hi thank you that would be great if you can try.... but you misunderstood...please note that this problem has nothing to do with with repacked rom I am trying now (THAT IS THE OTHER PROBLEM)...like I wrote this is something that was caused when I changed twrp recovery to cwm (changed via official cwm "Rom Manager" app) ...I changed that while I had xannytech's rom (latest beta 4.5) since than I reflashed rom with these configurations:
                  Itried:
                  normal erase
                  erase all
                  Nothing helped I can't go to recovery ...still have black screen when I do...
                  Didnt try force erase and force erase all...don't know what those would do...

Comment

And now to the other problem (customizing rom with aml tool) I also get these 2 errors: "the content of animation config file desc.txt isn't correct" and "unpack system apk failed" which prevents me to hit pack button (it's faded-not clickable)
                    I have win 10 x64, installed "java SE DK 8 update 121" and "java 8 update 121" as prerequisite and run aml custom. tool v2.0.8 with admin rights...
                    Last edited by fluoir; 02-20-2017, 20:58.

Comment

And now to the other problem (customizing rom with aml tool) I also get these 2 errors: "content of animation isn't correct" and "unpack system apk failed" which prevents me to hit pack button (it's faded-not clickable)
                      I have win 10 x64, installed "java SE DK 8 update 121" and "java 8 update 121" as prerequisite and run aml custom. tool v2.0.8 with admin rights...
                      Plz don't spam,you can open a new topic ?

Comment

Originally posted by bajann View Post

Plz don't spam,you can open a new topic ?
                        Sorry but I cant't see how is this spamming... I am simply explaining my situation that is directly related to this rom...

Comment

Same Xanny Rom with Power on and Nexbox logo for Nexbox A95X, have not tested, please use USB burning tool to flash it, let me know the results

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Comment

Originally posted by Gravy Boat Captin View Post

Hello, i found that pressing number 2 turns the x96 back on.
                            Finally found it. It takes 2 days for me to read all the thread to find remote wakeup issue in this rom.

Btw, I have X96 2/16 and this rom is run awesome. Thank you Xannytech for the hard works.

Comment

Same Xanny Rom with Power on and Nexbox logo for Nexbox A95X, have not tested, please use USB burning tool to flash it, let me know the results

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now
                              I just tried. I got an error: [0x10303004]Romcode/Switch status/Identify/Error result

Comment

Installed about a month ago... not at all reliable for me

Wired network disconnects at least once a day. I wanted to leave my box with Plex running 24.7 but each time I come back to it I must reboot as the network connection has died. Cannot even switch Wireless on

Nexbox A95 S905X 2/16 model...

Any suggestions (other than revert to stock rom if I can find it!) ??

Comment

Working...
                                X