Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] XannyTech Custom Mod Rom + TWRP Recovey built-in - for MINIM8SII and other devices see first post.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xannytech View Post
    I was thinking to port my rom on other devices, but i found there are device with the same name but the wifi chip is different for 8Gb model to 16Gb for example, is absolutely a mess
    Would it make sense to have maintain one ROM and manage differences via installation script (Aroma?)? During installation user would have to answer questions, such as brand/model, wifi chip (6255, 9377, ...)., memory size, remote control etc..

Considering OEMs support history, I don't expect a lot of new f/w releases, it seems that 6-8 months is as much time as mfg willing to release updates, than they release new model and stop supporting previous. So, at the most, we can expect no more then one future f/w update for 905x boxes, probably after Krypton final release.

Comment

Originally posted by dssnobie View Post

Would it make sense to have maintain one ROM and manage differences via installation script (Aroma?)? During installation user would have to answer questions, such as brand/model, wifi chip (6255, 9377, ...)., memory size, remote control etc..

Considering OEMs support history, I don't expect a lot of new f/w releases, it seems that 6-8 months is as much time as mfg willing to release updates, than they release new model and stop supporting previous. So, at the most, we can expect no more then one future f/w update for 905x boxes, probably after Krypton final release.
      It's not so simple, wifi modules (drivers) normally will not work on a different kernel build, i tried, but did not work, and for "power module" is the same, memory it's not a problem system size is always less than 1Gb, could be useful for remote, but my zip teoretically had inside a script to copy it, sometimes does not work, probably because some stock recovery does not work in a standard way... dunno i should have all the devices to do a massive test under my eyes...
      But i agree to you it's a nonsense to work on different firmwares, but actually last version is stable enough, i personally did two little fixing in scripting but nothing that a user will notice, so probably IF i'll post a new version is just for the "FINAL".
      But in some way i would like all the users be happy with my custom, so i was thinking to port it for a maximum of 2 more devices... but it's a pain to choose the right base firmware cause the manufacturer did a mess with so many different wifi chips for the same device
      actually i have just a week of freetime, then i will be very busy for two months...i have to decide now

Comment

have you looked in /system/media ? there is a folder "remote" inside there is your remote.conf simply replace it give 644 permissions and reboot.
        i know it's a pain to read the first message but could be useful
        if you want to go back to stock rom, simply reboot in twrp and install your fw (in sd format) back.
        To reboot in twrp recovery use the reboot program built-in in rom...
        second way to restore your fw back amlogic usb burning tool a firmware in .imf format and a male to male usb cable, you can do it yourself simply cuttng two spare usb and connect the 4 cables are color coded.
        Thanks for your reply. Remote is now functioning. . Regarding reverting to Nexbox A95X firmware, can you guide me more. It seems that the official firmware file from Nexbox cant be installed by twrp via sd card. Sorry if it will entail you time to teach me one step at a time ... if that's okay with you. I prefer the sdcard. Thanks in advance.

P.S. Just fyi, DTS audio thru spdif does not work in KODI 17.
        Last edited by jayort; 01-02-2017, 18:00.

Comment

Originally posted by jayort View Post

Thanks for your reply. Remote is now functioning. . Regarding reverting to Nexbox A95X firmware, can you guide me more. It seems that the official firmware file from Nexbox cant be installed by twrp via sd card. Sorry if it will entail you time to teach me one step at a time ... if that's okay with you. I prefer the sdcard. Thanks in advance.
          which error is the official fw giving to you (during twrp flashing)?

Comment

which error is the official fw giving to you (during twrp flashing)?
            it something to do about image is more than the capacity or sort of... Is it possible to assist me step by step. WHne I'm in the TWRP menu which will I press?

Comment

it something to do about image is more than the capacity or sort of... Is it possible to assist me step by step. WHne I'm in the TWRP menu which will I press?
              These are the files that is contained in the firmware update folder of Nexbox A95X for 1GB/8GB..

aml_sdc_burn
              aml_upgrade_package (disc Image File)
              u-boot.bin.sd.bin

Comment

These are the files that is contained in the firmware update folder of Nexbox A95X for 1GB/8GB..

aml_sdc_burn
                u-boot.bin.sd.bin
                ehm, find the right files then come back
                sorry i was joking, cause i lost a week writing to a user that was trying to flash wrong files...
                ok none of them are flashable via twrp or recovery, so no problem probably with your reset switch...

You need this tool:
                SD
                https://mega.nz/#!dhhU2b5D!2diP1TdDtbdE-lS5rA87x6ys-T00LnIxINoSORVms7U
                follow the instructions inside to make prepare the sd card and file... then retry simply with the reset button.
                Anyway i'm here to help, but a basic knowlege of your device is higly recommended
                Last edited by Xannytech; 01-02-2017, 18:44.

Comment

ehm, find the right files then come back
                  sorry i was joking, cause i lost a week writing to a user that was trying to flash wrong files...
                  ok none of them are flashable via twrp or recovery, so no problem probably with your reset switch...

You need this tool:
                  SD
                  https://mega.nz/#!dhhU2b5D!2diP1TdDtbdE-lS5rA87x6ys-T00LnIxINoSORVms7U
                  follow the instructions inside to make prepare the sd card and file... then retry simply with the reset button.
                  Anyway i'm here to help, but a basic knowlege of your device is higly recommended
                  Thanks. I did that already using the sd card tool and it never worked. it never went to the update android icon. It proceeded to your rom again. It seemed that holding the reset button is not functioning after installation of your firmware.

Comment

Thanks. I did that already using the sd card tool and it never worked. it never went to the update android icon. It proceeded to your rom again. It seemed that holding the reset button is not functioning after installation of your firmware.
                    sorry i'm reading many forum at the same time,and probably i misunderstood you... you solved or not?
                    A custom rom cannot broke hardware reset button in any manner, it's a hardware switch two wire shorted no software can control or broke that type of thing.
                    But is a common thinking so no problem

Comment

sorry i'm reading many forum at the same time,and probably i misunderstood you... you solved or not?
                      A custom rom cannot broke hardware reset button in any manner, it's a hardware switch two wire shorted no software can control or broke that type of thing.
                      But is a common thinking so no problem
                      It is not solved. it never boots to the android update icon when I press the reset button and plugged the power....

Comment

It is not solved. it never boots to the android update icon when I press the reset button and plugged the power....
                        ok so can you list me the file inside your sd card (used for updating)?
                        If in your sd card there are just the file you listed you cannot flash through sd card, cause there is no script and lacks of some files.

Comment

ok so can you list me the file inside your sd card (used for updating)?
                          If in your sd card there are just the file you listed obviously you did not used SD CARD TOOL.
                          aml_sdc_burn
                          u-boot.bin.sd.bin

Comment

aml_sdc_burn
                            u-boot.bin.sd.bin
                            there is no script file, so it's impossible for a recovery to know what to flash and where, could you post me what is written inside aml_sdc_burn?
                            anyway if a nexbox users can help you for me it's better.
                            The only "fast" but "slow" solution for me is to use your files and create a correct working sd card upgrade file for you
                            but you know i need to download your files, work on them, then upgrade the file for you (1 hour of uploading, and 2 hours of work for me :P )

Comment

there is no script file, so it's impossible for a recovery to know what to flash and where, could you post me what is written inside aml_sdc_burn?
                              anyway if a nexbox users can help you for me it's better.
                              The only "fast" but "slow" solution for me is to use your files and create a correct working sd card upgrade file for you
                              but you know i need to download your files, work on them, then upgrade the file for you (1 hour of uploading, and 2 hours of work for me :P )

Here is the file repository url of nexbox firmwares

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Thanks for your help and my apology. I really appreciate your kind gesture.

Comment

Here is the file repository url of nexbox firmwares

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Thanks for your help and my apology. I really appreciate your kind gesture.
                                nice, now just to help me a little could you kindly indicate me which of the firmwares listed there is the one right for your device... cause i cannot guess

Comment

Working...
                                X