Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] XannyTech Custom Mod Rom + TWRP Recovey built-in - for MINIM8SII and other devices see first post.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kajkok View Post
    Hi Xanny. I love your rom.
    I have created a netflix compatible bootvideo, no darkimage, feel free to use it.

https://mega.nz/#!Zqx3kR4Q!YSKjoiT_Q...3WQfNRECXC_LiY
    can i ask you how you did it? I know what Netflix check and i don't think can be fixed with a mkv video, but if works could be interesting to share how it works...
    But if someone of my rom users can try and see if Netflix is solved would be nice.
    It's dromedary running....

Comment

Originally posted by Xannytech View Post

can i ask you how you did it? I know what Netflix check and i don't think can be fixed with a mkv video, but if works could be interesting to share how it works...
      But if someone of my rom users can try and see if Netflix is solved would be nice.
      It's dromedary running....
      I just created a video in low resolution, 720x406 23.976 frames, aac sound 48kHz.
      somehow netflix get confused, if you have played a high resolution video or bootvideo before you start netflix.

You can also play this video before you start netflex, same result.

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Thanks for your great work :-)

Comment

Originally posted by kajkok View Post

I just created a video in low resolution, 720x406 23.976 frames, aac sound 48kHz.
        somehow netflix get confused, if you have played a high resolution video or bootvideo before you start netflix.

You can also play this video before you start netflex, same result.

https://mega.nz/#!hu4XlTxZ!YSKjoiT_Q...3WQfNRECXC_LiY

Thanks for your great work :-)

hmm... thanks, i was going to upload a new version, but if someone else, not just you could confirm that works i can insert also this fix...
        But seems there is no iterest in my rom here, so... no problem... no rush
        Thanks
        Last edited by Xannytech; 07-02-2017, 16:46.

Comment

Hi Buddy

Lots of Interest in your Rom here. I have a few devices. Will test once i get last one unbricked. Keep up the great work.
          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
            Hi Buddy

Lots of Interest in your Rom here. I have a few devices. Will test once i get last one unbricked. Keep up the great work.
            Hi mate,
            You know in the process of developing a new version i did so many flashes i destroyed one device time ago, and sometimes i need someone that test it for me, because i got no bug but some users yes, so i need some help to fix users problem, not mine cause i can't reproduce them.
            A day ago, i asked to do a simple test for a fix that if works can help many people, no reply.... so means in developer language: it's not my business, i'm not following your thread, or i'm not using your rom.
            I'll post my new rom but i have no rush i can use it for myself ( ) until i get some answers because i cannot and i wont post too much versions for users sake.

Comment

I hear ya re bricking/destrorying devices testing.... Still trying to get few back.... Never fun.. Just wish manufactures would list nan mask mode shorts on boards. Life would be so much easier lol....
              Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                I hear ya re bricking/destrorying devices testing.... Still trying to get few back.... Never fun.. Just wish manufactures would list nan mask mode shorts on boards. Life would be so much easier lol....
                yep

Comment

yep
                  Hi Xanny,

Many thanks for your ROM build, its super fast and clean, but one thing i noted when i flash into my Nexbox S905X 2GB/8GB the storage says 3.9GB in total and without any other apps like Kodi installed the storage is already 2.9GB used, wondering what happened to the reamaining 4GB as my box storage is 8GB, can you please advise as im not able to install Kodi with addons and every time getting low storage messages, thanks again for your help

Comment

System uses that... Your seeing whats left after everything installed. Good thing is you can just pop a sd card in it and use that as more system storage. Get a good one cheap ones are slow...

Comment

mybe off topic - but how do I find / extract the dtb.img from my original firmware please? I have a 1GB mini M8S II. I've tried some DTB files and either sound, network, or bluetooth doesn't work

Comment

Originally posted by gizmomelb View Post
                        mybe off topic - but how do I find / extract the dtb.img from my original firmware please? I have a 1GB mini M8S II. I've tried some DTB files and either sound, network, or bluetooth doesn't work
                        Do not mess with dtb.img... what exactly are you doing and why?
                        Anyway use Amlogic Customization tool and unpack the rom, open Level 1 and you'll found the dtb.

Comment

Actually it's what it's done in new 2.8:

- Rebased Firmware now is from a MX3 II Rom V112M0 dated 3/6/2017, before was a mixed one from Mini M8SII and MX3 II;
                          - TWRP Updated;
                          - Fixed so many little bugs around that you can't imagine;
                          - Pre-setted launcher, 'cause i saw so many user incapable of click a single setting ();
                          - Netflix problem with bootvideo fixed (inspired by kajkok but different);
                          - Updated SPMC to 16.7.0;
                          - Updated pratically all the apps and apks in rom;
                          - Added Gmail, and GCalendar by default;
                          - Updated hostfile for adblocking;
                          - Something that i actually forgoto to write down

Little Q/A to reply publicly to some question i received in PM:

Q: Will you release a Nougat Rom for our device?
                          A: I'm yet working on it but actually the sources are not stable enough and give us nothing more than problem not improvement.

Q: Will you support these devices for long time? Will you support more devices?
                          A:
                          It depends, supporting donations are very scarce, and are almost tips, so support is freetime related. Or bribe related
                          Last edited by Xannytech; 07-03-2017, 17:33.

Comment

Do not mess with dtb.img... what exactly are you doing and why?
                            Anyway use Amlogic Customization tool and unpack the rom, open Level 1 and you'll found the dtb.
                            Hi Xannytech - just trying to find one which works with my system when I also try other OS/software like Armbian and LibreElec. But I'll also try v2.8 of your firmware. thank you.

Comment

[QUOTE=Xannytech;n654374]Actually it's what it's done in new 2.8:

Hi Xannytech
                              Where can I download this 2.8 latest ROM?
                              Can I flash it (USB) on my Nexbox A95X 2/16 GB Wifi 6330?
                              Can I return then to stock firmware just flashing regular .img file?
                              I would like to try this ROM after getting answers on my questions.

Comment

[QUOTE=manvel;n654622]
                                Actually it's what it's done in new 2.8:

Hi Xannytech
                                Where can I download this 2.8 latest ROM?
                                Can I flash it (USB) on my Nexbox A95X 2/16 GB Wifi 6330?
                                Can I return then to stock firmware just flashing regular .img file?
                                I would like to try this ROM after getting answers on my questions.
                                Where is here when i'll post it probably today.
                                Yes, you can flash it on your device, it will work very well but your remote will not be able ti power on the device as side effect.
                                No, could be a problem to flash back original fw on Nexbox.

Comment

Working...
                                X