Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] XannyTech Custom Mod Rom + TWRP Recovey built-in - for MINIM8SII and other devices see first post.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xannytech .......... You're a Demi-God ............................ Brilliant ROM
    Scooter ....... you're the Wingman ........ Give them hell

Flashed this ROM on a $20 V88 Pro (I have 3 of them ... Yes I know "what was i thinking") and i cannot believe what i am experiencing, would never in a million years think this box could run like this ****outstanding****
    I'm a novice to Custom ROMs, first attempt and everything went well ................. until i started replacing files etc ... my lack of knowledge is the fault. Strange as the machine would boot up twice each time i started it, then finally it wouldn't. Learning from my mistakes I flashed it again and this time read heaps of info, watched hours of video and used some common sense "YES - COMMON SENSE", most of all took my time.

So far so good. Everything seems to work brilliantly and efficiently.

Device - V88 Pro 1G/8G s905x P212 with wifi chip 8189XX

Used the XTMOD_EX_P_3 ROM with the USB Burning Tool 2.1.2
    Replaced the remote.config file with the supplied copy
    Rather than trying to update apps, such as Google Play Store/Services and Netflix, supplied with the ROM i found it worked better to download the suitable APK's from https://www.apkmirror.com/apk
    and manually update from SD card.

Thank you for your hard work Xannytech ........... greatly appreciated

Comment

Hi Xannytech, i have strange problem and its definitely not your ROM, but you can definitely help me. I flashed your android tv rom with nexbox bootloader and everything works great until i used terminal emulator and applied the command "Reboot update" to use Libreelec in SD card, it loads into Libreelec OS but once i shut it down and reboot to android it gets into TWRP recovery loop, i tried clearing cache, dalvik wipe all but nothing working, i even tried other twrp older version using SD card still it gets into twrp recovery boot loop, is there anyway i can get out of this loop without losing data and i was pretty sure it because i used terminal emulator for libreelec. I tried connecting ADB and fastboot from PC but it didnt detect the box
      I'm using Nexbox 2g/16g S905x box

Please help and thanks for your great work on the TV rom

Comment

Will this ROM work on X96 mini?
        Or can you provide one which works on X96 mini?

Comment

Hi XT, thanks for your work.

I noticed some problems.

Since i have updated my m8sii to xtmod3, i experience some random reboots. I don't think it's app related.

Otherwise i play movies with mxplayer pro but passtrough works only from time to time, only on digital, don't work with dts, i tried with custom codecs but with no luck. M'y AVR is new and is compatible with all truehd atmos etc.

And the last each time i power on my avr, my box power off. I have disabled hdmi cec on both but it's the same.

Don't stop your hard work you're the Man!!

Comment

This ROM works in amlogic 912?

Comment

Originally posted by Xannytech View Post

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

The 1.0 to be, i got no freetime to post it in a new thread...
              XTMOD ATV for D4X16 Motherboard ?

Comment

Originally posted by PedroXD View Post

I ask the same....

Comment

Great work on the XTMOD 3.0 Rom, works amazing. I would like to know if you have a special version for 1gb of ram? If not maybe you can give me some tips on how to optimize this Rom for 1gb ram? How can I keep the maximum amount of ram free? Thank you in advance.
                  Sent you a donation today as a sign of appreciation. I have a tx3 pro with nanya ram. Would like to know if anyone succeeded to flash this Rom to this type of box. I have tried many different roms. Only nanya original firmware works. I am no expert but I am able to follow direction. Any help would be appreciated.
                  Last edited by Dumdum; 01-09-2018, 00:10.

Comment

Originally posted by PedroXD View Post

sorry i was in a trip for Xmas with my family... i think during this week i will open a new thread for the ATV rom, then i will post a rom compiled for your device.

Comment

Originally posted by Gazfrc View Post
                      Xannytech .......... You're a Demi-God ............................ Brilliant ROM
                      Scooter ....... you're the Wingman ........ Give them hell

Flashed this ROM on a $20 V88 Pro (I have 3 of them ... Yes I know "what was i thinking") and i cannot believe what i am experiencing, would never in a million years think this box could run like this ****outstanding****
                      I'm a novice to Custom ROMs, first attempt and everything went well ................. until i started replacing files etc ... my lack of knowledge is the fault. Strange as the machine would boot up twice each time i started it, then finally it wouldn't. Learning from my mistakes I flashed it again and this time read heaps of info, watched hours of video and used some common sense "YES - COMMON SENSE", most of all took my time.

So far so good. Everything seems to work brilliantly and efficiently.

Device - V88 Pro 1G/8G s905x P212 with wifi chip 8189XX

Used the XTMOD_EX_P_3 ROM with the USB Burning Tool 2.1.2
                      Replaced the remote.config file with the supplied copy
                      Rather than trying to update apps, such as Google Play Store/Services and Netflix, supplied with the ROM i found it worked better to download the suitable APK's from https://www.apkmirror.com/apk
                      and manually update from SD card.

Thank you for your hard work Xannytech ........... greatly appreciated

Thanks goes to you for the report

Comment

sorry i was in a trip for Xmas with my family... i think during this week i will open a new thread for the ATV rom, then i will post a rom compiled for your device.
                        Your ROM looks really nice.

Would it be possible to add a power button to the home screen, same as the U2+ box has in their ATV firmware?

Comment

Originally posted by Jancales View Post

Your ROM looks really nice.

Would it be possible to add a power button to the home screen, same as the U2+ box has in their ATV firmware?
                          hmm i think it's in framework... can you post a link to the U2+ ATV fw in Pm to me i'm not lazy but it's faster for me.

Comment

Xannytech, is it possible to run TVHeadend sèrver on this rom? I would like to use it for IPTV. If yes could you put me in the right direction? Thx

Comment

hmm i think it's in framework... can you post a link to the U2+ ATV fw in Pm to me i'm not lazy but it's faster for me.
                              I sent you PM a while ago, did you see it, and any news on the new thread or if it's possible to add the power button to the home screen?

I installed your ATV 1.0 on a box, works well and looks great, but it sees my internal storage as 54Gb.

The box is 2/16Gb instead

Comment

Xannytech Each time I reboot and open kodi, it has cleared the cache and is preparing for first run.

How to get rid of that please?

Comment

Working...
                                X