Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] AlfaWise H96 PRO+ 3/32 and 3/16 - SCV2 ROM (DDR3 ONLY)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ppoon View Post

Thank you SC ... but it seems not the case, I did go to the power menu and pressed Reboot or Reboot recovery and it would just shut down, then I need to press the power button that would be reboot again. If I select the Power off, it would just shut down (LED light turn to red) but could not power on by remote control (I need to unplug and plug the power cable). I tested some of power control apps by using the wireless mouse but all the same result. It is same situation in the stock rom.

It's so weird, my friend bought the same box last couple months and he also used your SCV2 rom but everything work so fine by remote control. We bought the same 4k ultra H96 pro+ box from the same distributor in a China online stop (Taobao) but something is different.

Do you think it is the hardware issue? How can I check this out?
    you are having the same problem as mine, its a hardware issue... that is why i stoped working on h96, its dying.. sorry m8 we got a lemon :/

Comment

holding the power till you get the shut down menu only works with the remote that came with the box . thats what I am finding here . with a minix neo A2 lite remote holding the power button down raises the volume

Comment

I use a probox2 remote+ Long press on power button brings up power menu and all options works ok

Comment

Hi I have a question how I can know what version of ram I have?

Enviado desde mi MI 5s Plus mediante Tapatalk

Comment

I don't want brick my box but I have problems with my rom

Enviado desde mi MI 5s Plus mediante Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by joemilan View Post
              Hi guys, i have buyed a Alfawise H96 pro+ from Gearbest since 15 days ago, how can i know my ram type??? i had opened case and saw on pcb but i not see any ddr code on chips.....
              Can i flash SCV2 or SCV3 rom without problems?? Thanks
              superceleron can you help me please? I not want brick my TV Box

Comment

It'd be interesting to know if you could tell those DDR4 boxes from the DDR3 ones just by running the phoronix ramspeed benchmark. Could any Linux users try that?

PM me if you need help running the benchmark suite.

Comment

You cant install this software on the alf ddr4 so thats the way to tell There 2 options for firmware my debloated or the stock one released. Ill be trying some newer firmware shortly now that i have a stock image to flash to return to.

Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by hujik View Post

V2 installed and working well - it seems almost without issues.

Few observations:
                    • For uploading image using SD card - image has to be named "update.img" as pointed out many times. It is crucial!
                    • after image loaded - first boot can take few minutes.
                    • Sometimes it happened that device rebooted "itself" ... no pattern found ... but recently so far without random reboots ...
                    • to install latest Kodi (17.x) curent one (FTMC) needs to be uninstalled first. Than install 17 from google play. But it remove brightness fix!
                    • Kodi backup from Kodi 17 is not fully compatible with older version of Kodi (FTMC installed in the image). Loading such backup will somehow corrupt Kodi ...

So after few days ... From time to time signal from box drop out for couple of seconds, it gets back but without sound (at least receiver stops playing sound). Sometimes restarting receiver helped, sometimes whole box needed to be restarted ...
                    There is a feature related to HDMI which somehow "synchronize" frame rate or what with movie source somehow ... it should leads to more smooth experience ... but since I have disabled that, described issue has been reduced ...

Comment

Please anyone can help me? how can i know my ram type??? I had posted pictures of my box at post #330
                      Last edited by joemilan; 03-29-2017, 21:15.

Comment

No photo posted in 333 you posted in 330 anyways looks like ddr3 in yours.
                        Last edited by scooter2014; 03-28-2017, 20:22.
                        Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014
                          No photo posted in 333 you posted in 330 anyways looks like ddr3 in yours.
                          Yes, thanks I wrong... Then you advise me to install the v2 or v3 rom?

Comment

I found V2 to better as some apps will not run in V3

Comment

Originally posted by wwmoggy View Post
                              I found V2 to better as some apps will not run in V3
                              Thanks, I was considering V3. Will wait a while.

Comment

My alfawise h96 pro plus,not start anymore, it stuck in red light... any solution?
                                I have only replaced superuser (uninstalled with TiBu) with superSU before, after restart and it block on H96 Pro+ yellow logo, so I off box and not more restarted

Last edited by joemilan; 04-01-2017, 11:19.

Comment

Working...
                                X