Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] AlfaWise H96 PRO+ 3/32 and 3/16 - SCV2 ROM (DDR3 ONLY)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@scooter2014,

Half boxes returned to Fasttech and others gone to family.

The box that died during sd card update had the same ram as others. I had mini hope of DDR4 which was printed on the PCB. These boxes under-performed the Alfawise, which, I believe has a faster EMMC chip(v5..maybe).

Reap

Comment

It looks like I have the DDR4 model, Any chance this rom can be updated for this?

After making some stupid changes to my tv box trying to get rid of dark screen I ended up in a boot loop... flashed this https://mega.nz/#!1YdyATKJ!cB0eGEm5g...INOybSgERysVfw and now no more dark screen.
      Last edited by 4rtfulDodger; 03-19-2017, 11:28.

Comment

Originally posted by wwmoggy View Post
        it has ftmc installed basically an off shoot of kodi 16 you have to uninstalled it first to install kodi
        But it removes brightness fix 

Comment

Originally posted by 4rtfulDodger View Post
          It looks like I have the DDR4 model, Any chance this rom can be updated for this?

After making some stupid changes to my tv box trying to get rid of dark screen I ended up in a boot loop... flashed this https://mega.nz/#!1YdyATKJ!cB0eGEm5g...INOybSgERysVfw and now no more dark screen.
          I am happy to help you

Comment

Hmmmm look like faster emmc new ones so if not correct firmware wont run as dd4 but nice to see a rom works on it now to see why it does.....
            Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by 4rtfulDodger View Post

Ok tried this but this rom have key issue. Mac 0 so how did you flash this rom on ddr4 alf?
              Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Hi Scooter2014

I downloaded the zip https://mega.nz/#!1YdyATKJ!cB0eGEm5g...INOybSgERysVfw
                extracted the .img
                renamed it to Update.img
                Burnt the image to SD card using USB Burning tool (I had to format the SD using SDFormatter before my laptop would see it. The card was previously used for a RPi2)
                Inserted SD card into H96pro+
                Inserted paperclip into Reset hole
                Powered on H96pro+ holding paperclip in reset hole until the box started updating... voila!

It has fixed the dark screen issue but I can't seem to turn on wifi. This is not too much of a problem for me at the moment as I have it connected via Ethernet cable.

I had a second H96pro+ arrive in the mail today. It also looks to be DDR4. I'm hoping I can create a backup image from that and flash it to my first H96pro+ if need be.

I'd really like to get the Superceleron Rom working on these boxes. Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Art
                Last edited by 4rtfulDodger; 03-20-2017, 03:26.

Comment

Originally posted by slayerjohn View Post
                  I am happy to help you
                  Thank you very much

Comment

Originally posted by DarkriftX View Post

I am not trying to complain, but can you please do me a huge favor and add some basic instructions in your first post? I spent 4+ hours trying to flash this and getting nowhere I decided to re-read everyones issues in all of these threads (multiple rom posts). I finally got to page 6 of this one where I see someone say to rename the img to "update.img" and edit the ini. I think you could save your followers lots of time by either writing out a basic how-to-flash-my-roms post or even adding this info to a text file included with your roms. It was also not super easy finding the card flashing utility (most of the links I ended up finding were down).

And now, thank you very much for this rom. I havent tested it yet as it just completed its first boot after flashing. My last rom stopped booting, so I am already happy.

I'm also looking for the basic instructions!

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post
                      Hi there guys and girls, one more rom/fw for you all!
                      Many thks to gearbest for sending me the device to play
                      Many Thks to my beta tester trebor

Changelog V2:
                      • Brand new rom, not stock anymore
                      • Fixed power on from full shutdown with the IR Remote on some boxes!
                      • Added TWRP
                      • Fixed adb
                      • Ported some stuff from Ugoos rom(thks Ugoos for their work)
                      • Ported stuff include: Samba server, root/unroot(default unrooted), temp, ram, cpu usage etc.. monitor.
                      • By default the rom is not rooted, so if yo want root enable it in settings.
                      • Power Menu also ported from Ugoos!
                      • PS3/PS4 gamepad support(only with cable...)
                      • Fixed Xbox360 gamepad that showed power menu on dpad left, so no need to xposed fix!
                      • RGB fix now its on the "stock" android settings(Display)... Can also use the app included.
                      • New App that controls Brightness and contrast on the fly, and also apply's the rgb fix, cec fix and the saved brightness value on boot! IT NEEDS ROOT TO WORK.. (Many thanks to catharsys for the app )
                      • Gapps updated!
                      • Only 2 launchers (Launcher3 and Lighthome)...
                      • Fixed a google framework crash.
                      • Long Press Menu button hide/show upper/bottom bar
                      • On the IR remote press "Setup"(red) button and it brings APP SWITCH...
                      • Updated supersu app so no need to be updated from playstore to update "su" binary.
                      • Some other stuff i cant really remember anymore.... lol
                      • And many thks to trebor for the beta testing
                      Bugs V2:[LIST][*]My Proper RGB FIX you need to flash this RGB FIX by recovery, you will after this experience some power off problems(it take some tries to fully power off...) and sleep led problem![*]Only update "su" if you are going to to stay at root if are not going to stay at root and you are going to be doing a lot of changes between the two dont update it! Or you will get a boot animation loop...[*]On Mx Player disable in the settings the "Playback settings/ HDMI self-adaption", or else you may(or not) experience some screen going black(but i think this is more a tv problem than a rom problem...)[*]You may loose sound when enable my rgb fix on my kernel only (disconnect the hdmi cable and connect it again to solve it)[*]Miracast only work if the box its connected to a N wifi network(it wont work on AC) and in Miracast setting change to SD resolution, and it should work but sometimes takes some tries.[*]Ugoos Firefly only works on their kernel...
                      V2 installed and working well - it seems almost without issues.

Few observations:
                      • For uploading image using SD card - image has to be named "update.img" as pointed out many times. It is crucial!
                      • after image loaded - first boot can take few minutes.
                      • Sometimes it happened that device rebooted "itself" ... no pattern found ... but recently so far without random reboots ...
                      • to install latest Kodi (17.x) curent one (FTMC) needs to be uninstalled first. Than install 17 from google play. But it remove brightness fix!
                      • Kodi backup from Kodi 17 is not fully compatible with older version of Kodi (FTMC installed in the image). Loading such backup will somehow corrupt Kodi ...

Comment

Hi guys, I bought the H96pro+ last couple days and I found it's no Reboot function whatever I tried other APPs to do so. I've just flashed SCV2 rom and I tested it several times but it did not work at all. Is there any setup issue? Can anyone help me out on this? Thanks in advance....

Comment

Originally posted by ppoon View Post
                          Hi guys, I bought the H96pro+ last couple days and I found it's no Reboot function whatever I tried other APPs to do so. I've just flashed SCV2 rom and I tested it several times but it did not work at all. Is there any setup issue? Can anyone help me out on this? Thanks in advance....
                          Long press the power button you will get the power menu...

Comment

Originally posted by luffy76 View Post
                            Rename le firmware update.img

Slt,

Originally posted by Valek View Post "merci à lui"

Install firmware with a microSD card

STEP 1 (download and extract).
                            Download :

Burn Card Maker and firmware

Extract "TF.rar" and firmware in the same folder.
                            Now you get "Burn_Card_Maker.exe" and firmware file.

Rename le firmware update.img

Put a microSD card in your computer (on Windows) and go to the second step.

STEP 2 ("make" the microSD card)
                            Run "Burn_Car_Maker.exe"
                            The first time it's in chinese, click on the top lef menu, click on the second option, check "English" and put "OK".
                            Close and restart "Burn_Car_Maker.exe"
                            Chose disk: (Letter of your microSD card)
                            "YES" must be check 3 times for "To Partition and Format", "erase_flash" and "Reboot" (erase_bootloader must be uncheck).
                            Click on "Open" and chose firmware img.
                            Click on "Make", format the microSD card (default settings), after that the rom copy begin on the microSD card, when it's done you get a "Success" message.

STEP 3 (installation)
                            Now, insert the microSD card in the device (power supply unplug/off).
                            Let your TV on and the HDMI cable plugged.
                            With a paper clip or other, press the reset button and hold it (small hole under the box), in the same time plug the power supply on the Beelink GT1.

Cdt,

I have followed these instructions and successfully flashed SCV2 to my H96 pro plus with DDR4. Wifi is working. No probs so far.

Power on via remote also working
                            Last edited by 4rtfulDodger; 03-25-2017, 09:40. Reason: Updated

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post

Long press the power button you will get the power menu...
                              Thank you SC ... but it seems not the case, I did go to the power menu and pressed Reboot or Reboot recovery and it would just shut down, then I need to press the power button that would be reboot again. If I select the Power off, it would just shut down (LED light turn to red) but could not power on by remote control (I need to unplug and plug the power cable). I tested some of power control apps by using the wireless mouse but all the same result. It is same situation in the stock rom.

It's so weird, my friend bought the same box last couple months and he also used your SCV2 rom but everything work so fine by remote control. We bought the same 4k ultra H96 pro+ box from the same distributor in a China online stop (Taobao) but something is different.

Do you think it is the hardware issue? How can I check this out?

Comment

Hi guys, i have buyed a Alfawise H96 pro+ from Gearbest since 15 days ago, how can i know my ram type??? i had opened case and saw on pcb but i not see any ddr code on chips.....
                                Can i flash SCV2 or SCV3 rom without problems?? Thanks
                                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.
                                Last edited by joemilan; 03-25-2017, 11:31.

Comment

Working...
                                X