Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MECOOL M8S Pro + TV Box Amlogic S905X Android 7.1 2/16GB Fast Lan, WiFi 802.11b/g/n

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey it could be worse remeber the 3188 T chips lol... Id agree that if defective should be a quick photo replacement sent. Now if someone would confirm that from manufacture or Geekbuying then seems simple resolution. Box lid pops off easy. 4 screws and its off with little fiddle. Ill ask someone we know to see if they will confirm this. (Thats the most difficult part) I think Id still like to see one of the affected boxes. I missed batch number so if its bricked and in that batch in canada. Send me a message work something out to get one.
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
      Hey it could be worse remeber the 3188 T chips lol... Id agree that if defective should be a quick photo replacement sent. Now if someone would confirm that from manufacture or Geekbuying then seems simple resolution. Box lid pops off easy. 4 screws and its off with little fiddle. Ill ask someone we know to see if they will confirm this. (Thats the most difficult part) I think Id still like to see one of the affected boxes. I missed batch number so if its bricked and in that batch in canada. Send me a message work something out to get one.
      Yes, nice and easy to get into at least.
      My bad box is in UK I'm afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by P.X View Post
        SEC 5.1 eMMC Flash Issue - Clarification

This issue is very specific :
        It is

1. Box freezes - Sometimes with Audio "Buzz", screen freezes randomly in any app.
        2. Box can freeze when only the Launcher is active from start, just by moving about the launcher (L, R, UP, DOWN)
        3. Box can crash and will not re-boot with Remote - Requires a Power Cycle (OFF-ON)
        3. Box has SEC 5.1 chip KLMAG1JENB - B041 (Probably not any other eMMC - No Kingston or Samsung 5.0 reported with this specific issue to my knowledge)
        4. Update using OEM Update App and OEM provided .zip Firmware causes catastrophic boot failure to a Screen Freeze/+Buzz within mere seconds of all Power On actions post update.

This issue is NOT
        1. Overheating
        2. Stuttering playback
        3. Messages saying X App has Stopped.
        4. Crashes to Standby that allow a simple restart with the Remote Control Power Button
        5. Boxes Bricked or Borked by incorrect flashing (Cables, settings, inappropriate FW, etc.)
        6. App X not performing as it does on a different box, etc.
        7. etc.
        Nice summation.

Agrees with the same findings from countless users on other non Freaktab forums as well.

I've now advised people on other Forums to NOT buy M8S Pro+ boxes and be very wary about other MECOOL products too from now on - unless the Manufacturer (Videostrong) starts sorting this problem out with all the M8S Pro+ box sellers for real easy end user refunds or replacements.

Comment

Cool change China shopping forever.... Lmao... Good luck with that now can I get ya to do the same for Allwinner devices
          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Glad to share the firmware for MECOOL M8S PRO Plus TV Box.

PC Flash Firmware

SD Flash Firmware:
            SD Flash Firmware 1;
            SD Flash Firmware 2;
            SD Flash Firmware 3.

Flash guide, please refer to: http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...utorials-tool/

Have fun !

Tips: Recommend you use SD card brush. The method is that copy SD flash firmware 1,2,3 to the SD card root directory, and then put the SD card on the machine, plug in the power supply. Continuously press the remote control on the number 1 key, then you can automatically enter the state of the brush machine.

Source blog.geekbuying
            treboR
            Please consider
            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

This from Geekbuying

Due to the mistake of Mecool,the old firmware lack of some files.
              so customers will cause some problems.
              It is the newest firmware
              Last edited by trebor; 10-17-2017, 10:41.
              treboR
              Please consider
              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Explains the 100 percent cpu useage then lol.... Great Trebor.

Comment

Bad Post

Comment

Ref. steel120

Found 2 eMMC Apps -
                    eMMC (Brickbug) Check -&- Got Brickbug ?
                    Reports are ref. Old Sammy phone and recover a code

Research seems to suggest CODE:

AJNB4R = SEC KLMAG1JENB-B041 (v5.1) = Known BAD Check DATE

AWPD3R = SAMSUNG KLMAG2WEPD-B031 (v5.0)5 = OK
                    8WPD3R = 8GB

S10016 = Kingston eMMC v5.0 - 16GB = Good So Far !

eMMC Check - also returns a Chip build date - MM/YYYY
                    The Date Code on the physical chip is YWW (e.g.646)
                    646 -> 11/2016
                    SEC 701 to 713 presumably return 01/2017 - 04/2017
                    (note 04/2017 covers more than just 713 therefore box would still need to be opened for final confirmation of possible chip issue)

E&OE
                    Last edited by P.X; 10-17-2017, 21:30.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                      Explains the 100 percent cpu useage then lol.... Great Trebor.
                      Hi,

What do you do/use to monitor CPU utilization while running Kodi ? (or other app?)

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                        Glad to share the firmware for MECOOL M8S PRO Plus TV Box.

PC Flash Firmware

SD Flash Firmware:
                        SD Flash Firmware 1;
                        SD Flash Firmware 2;
                        SD Flash Firmware 3.

Flash guide, please refer to: http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...utorials-tool/

Have fun !

Tips: Recommend you use SD card brush. The method is that copy SD flash firmware 1,2,3 to the SD card root directory, and then put the SD card on the machine, plug in the power supply. Continuously press the remote control on the number 1 key, then you can automatically enter the state of the brush machine.

Source blog.geekbuying
                        Shall I risk trying this on working KLMAG1JENB-B041 SEC 713 TV Box?
                        Probably still high risk of brick right?

Comment

Yes, I'd say if the old 20170919.150557.V0619 firmware that was posted on 9/27 didn't work for you, this one won't too. I've diffed the two, and the partitions are identical. The only difference is with the uboot binaries (aml_sdc_burn.UBOOT, DDR.USB, UBOOT.USB).

I'm not sure what "missing files" the GeekBuying guys are referring to. Checksums don't lie (or only lie one in 2^256 times).

Comment

Originally posted by 4everAnoob View Post

Shall I risk trying this on working KLMAG1JENB-B041 SEC 713 TV Box?
                            Probably still high risk of brick right?
                            Are you a gambler ?

What are you going to do in the future when further bug fixing Firmware updates come out ?
                            Would you rather find out sooner rather than later if you have a faulty box ?

On the other hand if you are entirely happy with what you have a do not intend to Firmware update EVER then stick with a working setup.

Comment

Oh such doom and gloom on flashing it from it does nothing to be a gambler.... Hes already proven hes a gambler he bought a tv box from China.

Dont listen to them. Installing this is like finding a unicorn with a Lepricon riding it amd there standing in that glowing shine from the end of the rainbow....

You may have to clean a little bit of the unicorn pooh off the gold when you go digging for it in these types of conditions though....

In the end you just might find the L1 DRM 30 DOLLAR DEVICE THAT PLAYS NETFLICKS IN HD happy digging.

Comment

FreakTab - Firmware Page for this box

I keep losing the link and have a devil of a job finding it again so ..... here it is again !

Comment

Working...
                                X