Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MECOOL M8S Pro + TV Box Amlogic S905X Android 7.1 2/16GB Fast Lan, WiFi 802.11b/g/n

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Links for latest OEM firmware in this page at China Gadget Reviews (along with links for USB Burning Tool and Burn Card Maker
    20171124.183803.V0928

- https://www.chinagadgetsreviews.com/...-tv-box-6.html

Burn Card Maker is excellent - easy to install firmware - whether OEM or the custom ROMs - without need for special USB cable.

Comment

Originally posted by zabba View Post
      Hi, i had a flickering issue with this box on my samsung tv which i thought i solved by turning hdcp off in the developer options but it has started again. Ive noticed my tv has recently recognised my box as a pc as it says it on the hdmi ext. I am guessing this is what is causing my problem is there any way of stopping this? Thanks.

Ive managed to change the box from a pc to cable box on the tv and it seems to have fixed it. Theres always something with this box. Ha
      How you handle that? How can i change it from pc to cable box?

Comment

firmware: 20170829.121614.V0321

Are there any lucky owners of M8S Pro+ that have restored TV box after unsuccessful firmware? How? I did not succeed in closing the contacts ...

Comment

does anyone know if the SEC 713. KLMAG1 JENB, with firmware: 20170815.182813.V0321 has stability problems that cannot be solved as I have managed to successfully flash it with: 20171124.183803.V0928 via micro sd card. What stability problems am I supposed to encounter that I can try and replicate to see if my box will be stable permanently? Are the Samsung memory chips themselves faulty or is it the firmware itself that was created incorrectly that makes the Samsung memory chips not work?
          Last edited by spaceship9876; 12-28-2017, 23:32.

Comment

Originally posted by blackThirteen View Post

How you handle that? How can i change it from pc to cable box?
            On my tv i press source on the remote go to the ext that the box is on, press the up arrow on the remote and then select edit. You should be able to change it to several different options, i tried cable box and left it on that because the flickering stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by spaceship9876 View Post
              does anyone know if the SEC 713. KLMAG1 JENB, with firmware: 20170815.182813.V0321 has stability problems that cannot be solved as I have managed to successfully flash it with: 20171128.111200.V0928 via micro sd card. What stability problems am I supposed to encounter that I can try and replicate to see if my box will be stable permanently? Are the Samsung memory chips themselves faulty or is it the firmware itself that was created incorrectly that makes the Samsung memory chips not work?
              If it isn't bricked then you should be OK.
              The combo with 0829 seems to be the big problem.

Comment

Originally posted by zabba View Post

On my tv i press source on the remote go to the ext that the box is on, press the up arrow on the remote and then select edit. You should be able to change it to several different options, i tried cable box and left it on that because the flickering stopped.
                Ok thx. I can't edit like that.
                But i think i nailed it. It was my combo from tv,cables and 4khdmi switch. I found one of my cables that work flawless. Iwill buy some second for test.
                Last edited by blackThirteen; 12-28-2017, 23:48.

Comment

Originally posted by spaceship9876 View Post
                  does anyone know if the SEC 713. KLMAG1 JENB, with firmware: 20170815.182813.V0321 has stability problems that cannot be solved as I have managed to successfully flash it with: 20171124.183803.V0928 via micro sd card. What stability problems am I supposed to encounter that I can try and replicate to see if my box will be stable permanently? Are the Samsung memory chips themselves faulty or is it the firmware itself that was created incorrectly that makes the Samsung memory chips not work?
                  I have also SEC713 + FW0815...updated to original firmware V09.19 -> updated to NANO firmware V10.06

had always problems (see my posts) with every firmware. Restarts/shut downs ended often/always with a endless bootloop and could just get rid oft it by wiping data. But if i don't turn it off, works just fine

Comment

Originally posted by hansdampf View Post

I have also SEC713 + FW0815...updated to original firmware V09.19 -> updated to NANO firmware V10.06

had always problems (see my posts) with every firmware. Restarts/shut downs ended often/always with a endless bootloop and could just get rid oft it by wiping data. But if i don't turn it off, works just fine
                    Haven't tested the new firmwares yet, because last 3-4 reboots started without problems with NANO V10.06

Comment

Originally posted by hansdampf View Post

Haven't tested the new firmwares yet, because last 3-4 reboots started without problems with NANO V10.06
                      I'm on the latest Nano and my box has the bad chip SEC713 but but I was able to update firmware and use the custom ROM without any problems

The only problem I have it's Netflix TV has a gray bar at the bottom and I can't use any Netflix app If I plug the box via AV/Output other than that it works flawless

Comment

Ordered from geekbuying on 13Dec2017, Received today KLMAG1JENB - B041 SEC 652 on the 0829 build. So they are still definitely shipping bad boxes . Emailed them for a refund I wonder how long that will take lol.

Comment

Solution for bricked box :

My box was bricked because i received a box with a KLMAG1JENB samsung nand and i've changed the firmware. Then i've tried many firmwares and librelec too but the box always freezing.
                          Thanks to a french forum (http://www.minimachines.net), i find the solution for me that works for others : A smart guy has written on a paper the original firmware version before changing firmware. When he saw his box freezing after trying android TV, he decided to go back. When i did the same, it works for me too.
                          The box wasn't breaked, it only works with one firmaware.
                          He find this firmware on freaktab : M8S_PRO+-20170829.121614.V0321 and it works for me and him : Now our boxes never freezing.

link to download the firmware :

You neeb USB Burning tool and a male male usb cable.

Comment

Hi,

Yes. Thanks for posting the info again, as it tends to get lost in all the myriad of posts and threads on this box/issue.

You can find that FW on FreakTab because Magendanz cleverly made it by recreating it from an extracted set of data (kindly extracted by a FreakTab member before making any changes).

You can only get back to the box you started with though - Mine was freezing soon after boot when it arrived with me, so still a bad little example of a great box whatever is done !! Some may be able to use as a LibreELEC box, if that is all they need / want.

Terrible shame to hear that 0829 boxes are still being sent out by GeekBuying

Comment

I have an M8S pro+ of the good batch and with the October firmware.

I downloaded the OTA file with the 098 firmware Videostrong sent me, but the box doesn't update.

I select the file in the update app, then select wipe data and media, and confirm.

The box reboots into a black screen with Mecool written on it, but nothing happens from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Jancales View Post
                                I have an M8S pro+ of the good batch and with the October firmware.

I downloaded the OTA file with the 098 firmware Videostrong sent me, but the box doesn't update.

I select the file in the update app, then select wipe data and media, and confirm.

The box reboots into a black screen with Mecool written on it, but nothing happens from there.
                                Hi,

That happened to me as well. I opened the Terminal app and used
                                reboot recovery command.

If you are on an OEM FW then you have to install a reboot app or a Terminal app.
                                If you have a Magendanz FW then you can enable Terminal in Developer Mode - Click Settings > About > Build .. 7 times
                                Then enable Local Terminal option

Comment

Working...
                                X