Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MECOOL M8S Pro + TV Box Amlogic S905X Android 7.1 2/16GB Fast Lan, WiFi 802.11b/g/n

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jancales View Post

So you must have SPMC 16.x installed then, because auto frame rate doesn't work in Kodi, as is stated in the thread of this app.
    What is SPMC ??

I just have Kodi as far as I know - Haven't done anything special as far as I remember ...

EDIT: Looked up SPMC - Not installed that - Just std. Kodi 17.6
    Definitely working for me - TV Info shows 24P

Comment

So you must have SPMC 16.x installed then, because auto frame rate doesn't work in Kodi, as is stated in the thread of this app.
      Auto frame rate fix needs for spmc/ftmc but there an other function in the app: auto frame rate enable/disable. As I know it's working with kodi/mxplayer other 3rd party apps.

Comment

Originally posted by smrtprjcts View Post

Auto frame rate fix needs for spmc/ftmc but there an other function in the app: auto frame rate enable/disable. As I know it's working with kodi/mxplayer other 3rd party apps.
        Yes - Just checked
        - Auto frame rate: it can be enable/disable the auto frame rate of the system (it can be work with other app (eg: mxplayer, not only from spmc/ftmc)

Comment

Thanks for the clarification, will definitely try it out then.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification, will definitely try it out then.
            Definitely worth a look as I had tried manual setting of 24P and my AV Amp always rejected it (?) and black screened for some reason.
            The Amlogic Tool auto function seems to work though, and Amp seems happy - Blanks when you Skip Fwd/Back, but not a big issue compared with getting smooth playback and a cooler box

Comment

I did install your tool on a M8S Pro+ and indeed it does wonders.

What I don't understand however, on my 60" full HD plasma, the same 1080p movie I was running earlier today, is now running at an average of 16Fps.

I have to admit, I'm a noob regarding frame rates, but I thought 16Fps would be slow motion, however the movie plays normal.

Can you explain to me please?

Attached Files

Comment

I did install your tool on a M8S Pro+ and indeed it does wonders.

What I don't understand however, on my 60" full HD plasma, the same 1080p movie I was running earlier today, is now running at an average of 16Fps.

I have to admit, I'm a noob regarding frame rates, but I thought 16Fps would be slow motion, however the movie plays normal.

Can you explain to me please?
                I can't ?
                Check your TV panel Info - Mine shows 24P
                I think the actual output has to be 24/30/50/60 fixed rates.
                How do you get the Kodi Info overlay ?

Some expert may have a proper explanation ..........

Comment

The only minor issue with this Auto Switch is it doesn't revert when you exit Kodi, so you have to switch Settings>Display>Screen Resolution> Best Mode OFF-ON and confirm to get back to 60Hz

And ...

Have to re-enable after Power cycle.

Also ...
                  Some files seem to be erroneous in there meta info !
                  File (TV prog) declares 24Fps but stutters badly and plays smoothly at 60Hz
                  so you have to switch off Auto for such files (or not enable)
                  Last edited by P.X; 01-05-2018, 15:55.

Comment

Originally posted by P.X View Post

I can't ?
                    Check your TV panel Info - Mine shows 24P
                    I think the actual output has to be 24/30/50/60 fixed rates.
                    How do you get the Kodi Info overlay ?

Some expert may have a proper explanation ..........
                    I can't see a setting where I can select the frame rates.

The overlay you get is system / system / logging / debug logging.

When reboot box auto frame rate is disabled, so you need to enable every restart

Comment

I can't see a setting where I can select the frame rates.

The overlay you get is system / system / logging / debug logging.

When reboot box auto frame rate is disabled, so you need to enable every restart
                      Thanks for info.

Just noted same re-enable after restart in edit above - also false Fps reporting of some files ...

Comment

Checked with the Logging thing

My 60Hz TV file reports ~60Fps (EDIT: First showing ~40Fps but changed after restarting Kodi ?)
                        4K 24Fps reports ~18Fps

No idea how all that works and still looks smooth !?!

Idle screen shows ~8Fps (variable)
                        Last edited by P.X; 01-05-2018, 16:15. Reason: TV File now running at 60Fps ???

Comment

Kodi playing a 60Fps file seems to randomly decide to only display at 40Fps at a whim ? according to Log display.
                          I'll have to turn it off or I shall go ga-ga

Comment

Does anyone have issues with this box playing 4k video on kodi/spmc? On my box it struggles to play at all. Is the mecool m8s pro plus just not powerful enough to play video over a certain quality/size on kodi? Thanks

Also my box has restarted itself a few times today. Its never done that before. I have the latest stock firmware and have a cooling fan underneath so i dont think its overheating issues.
                            Last edited by zabba; 01-06-2018, 12:42. Reason: Additional problem

Comment

Anyone knows how to "hide" root for some apps
                              I have access to several apps for watching TV that my Cable Provider gives me but some don't allow rooted devices
                              I have the Nano ROM on my box installed via OTA
                              Can I installed Xposed or MAgisk
                              Last edited by Bllq21; 01-06-2018, 22:31.

Comment

Originally posted by Bllq21 View Post
                                Anyone knows how to "hide" root for some apps
                                I have access to several apps for watching TV that my Cable Provider gives me but some don't allow rooted devices
                                I have the Nano ROM on my box installed via OTA
                                Can I installed Xposed or MAgisk ?
                                Never mind
                                I managed to install Xposed and Rootcloak and it works great!

Comment

Working...
                                X