Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Novato View Post
    Yes of course, Magendanz has brought many improvements and new features to the device, such as the multitasking option (kill apps and change apps), but the OEM firmware itself contains many bugs, it is impossible to use the deep sleep option without the cause a reboot on the device. And it is OEM firmware problems that I want to get away from, I know that in the developer's build there are some bugs, but the same are reflections of a problematic OEM firmware. My wish is for the manufacturer to launch a stable and functional firmware.
    I too am a bit disappointed with the Pro.
    In that a flagship model is quickly superceded by the L model with HD stream ability.
    Despite equal or higher cost, while MeCool pursues other player opportunities. Feeling like a stepchild. lol.
    I'm asking GB why this feature was omitted and if they can remedy.
    Hopefully this doesn't bring unwanted attention to any dev. efforts here at FT. I am dismayed that the L is an uncertified box, and believe Pro owners should enjoy the same benefit.
    STRANGE thing is... DRM apk showed last week to be L1 (w/ no licensing) BUT yesterday it showed L3 present... What the heck happened!? Totally baffled.
    Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

• scooter2014
      scooter2014 commented
      Editing a comment
      Little confused on this was the device advertised as level1 on thier site. I dont remember seeing that. Getting manufactures to release updated bug free rom doesnt happen with many of these manufactures hence our devs involvement in making fixes ect. Take Allwinner for example when's the last time they released a sdk? That's also part of manufactures issues getting the sdk updated from chip supplier.

Is it L1 or L3 afterall? Can anyone confirm for sure?

Comment

Originally posted by Freaking View Post
      Is it L1 or L3 afterall? Can anyone confirm for sure?
      It depends on your device, some newer lots are coming with L1 and after installation it remains with lvl 1 permission, and the old ones continue L3 regardless of what is done. To find out, just download the DRM Info app on Google Play.

Comment

Really scooter2014 , I was owner of a 'MXQ Pro' (Inside is a V88 Schiscion) with SoC Rockchip 3229 and I know very well how the ROMs released by manufacturers are horrible. The only decent firmware I found for it was Ugoos UT6 firmware, but unfortunately that device has a different Wi-Fi Chip, and that frustrated my experience even more. So the best I found was the A95X R1 firmware. The only advantage I saw in this device was that I could install many firmwares without fear of losing the device. Now with the M8S Pro I did not know of a firmware of another device that works, if it worked I would put the one of Tanix TX9 Pro. And then, will it work?

Comment

• scooter2014
          scooter2014 commented
          Editing a comment
          Tx9 pro ? Is different devices and nothing to do with the custom firmware here.

This firmware actually works on the m8s pro so you've already found it.

Originally posted by ClarkKent View Post

I too am a bit disappointed with the Pro.
        In that a flagship model is quickly superceded by the L model with HD stream ability.
        Despite equal or higher cost, while MeCool pursues other player opportunities. Feeling like a stepchild. lol.
        I'm asking GB why this feature was omitted and if they can remedy.
        Hopefully this doesn't bring unwanted attention to any dev. efforts here at FT. I am dismayed that the L is an uncertified box, and believe Pro owners should enjoy the same benefit.
        STRANGE thing is... DRM apk showed last week to be L1 (w/ no licensing) BUT yesterday it showed L3 present... What the heck happened!? Totally baffled.
        ​​​​​
        During the Christmas blitz gb did run a mecool stock Ad Copy (as geekby is doing currently) that promotes HD streaming for YouTube, Netflix and the like.
        I think thisis an error that GB has since pulled down.
        Regardless, features, performance and minimal oem fw support delivers an also ran box. Not a premiere badger's upscale device. Imho... Not the Value I expected.
        Lacking wvL1 when the lesser priced sister device is released virtually simultaneously.... Not good

Fortunately, the MagMan has blessed the m8s with MAGidust. Since he is able to polish this device, I am pitching mecool him as head of FW Dev....
        And anything else He wants to do!

Comment

• scooter2014
          scooter2014 commented
          Editing a comment
          @ Clark Kent this is your last warning. This thread is a devs thread you keep taking it off topic for your own concerns. If you have a issue with the M8 pro L you already posted this same in other places on Freaktab.

Move On.... To the Dev sorry I'll clean up in a bit.

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          I actually think it's interesting to discuss what Mecool is doing releasing M8S Pro now with L1 and how it will differentiate with M8S Pro L. From my perspective, I'd like to merge the custom Nexus ROMs for both models, but right now the bootloaders are incompatible.

Hi, scooter2014, thanks for the confirmation and sorry for running away from the topic. Really has nothing to do with ATV firmware, and good talking on Android TV, I prefer the Google interface for TVs than any other OEM firmware. About the other firmware, I just had doubts about that, in the now I understand that you should not bring external themes to this topic. I think there must be a correct place for this kind of subject, right? Anyway I am very happy with the work of Magendanz, although it had some bugs is the best ATV build I was able to try on a Box TV.

Comment

Hello everyone, how are you? I'm having a problem with my Mecool M8S Pro, I noticed that it's freezing (stuck on the last screen) either in a scene from a movie or in the screen saver of the backdrop. When this happens, the device only works again if you remove the power cord, do not know if it is due to overheating or other software problem, also do not know if it is an issue of building ATV or OEM using Firmware as a base. I have never used OEM Firmware, since I started using this ATV firmware, I just noticed this lock in the last 30 days. My question is, does any of you have this problem? Will it be by overheating the SoC, and if it should not reboot or something?

Comment

hello novato, i m on this atv firmvare it ok for me, but freezing on tv box
            it's always connected with overheating, Try some cooling to put it on, like I'm from a laptop. maybe that will work, for me it work.

Comment

I've had the same issue, and concur it's related to temp.
              I set the box on a small thick tile, or a scrap pc of granite waste material. Solving the problem. They can be rotated out (even refridged) as they warm.

the box has no cross ventilation, turning it on edge worked also for me. The correct fix, but voids warranty, is to pull the cover adding venting opposite existing vents. Better yet, vertical venting... Perhaps very small holes drilled in the recesses of the lid.

Comment

Originally posted by miki87 View Post
                hello novato, i m on this atv firmvare it ok for me, but freezing on tv box
                it's always connected with overheating, Try some cooling to put it on, like I'm from a laptop. maybe that will work, for me it work.
                Hi miki87, vlw by the tip, I'm thinking of making a hole in my desk (yes, as crazy as it may sound) and put a cooler on the bottom pulling the heat, of course I should buy the cooler before and do the test for not have lasted the table in vain.

​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkKent View Post
                  I've had the same issue, and concur it's related to temp.
                  I set the box on a small thick tile, or a scrap pc of granite waste material. Solving the problem. They can be rotated out (even refridged) as they warm.

the box has no cross ventilation, turning it on edge worked also for me. The correct fix, but voids warranty, is to pull the cover adding venting opposite existing vents. Better yet, vertical venting... Perhaps very small holes drilled in the recesses of the lid.
                  Hi, Clark Kent, thanks for the tips. As I said before I think of putting a Cooler fan on my shelf (MDF board 90x40 cm) causing the heat to be pulled down. Just ask me if this can work since I would not use the metal, just a fan that should be at most 3 inches tall (I hope the measurements of your country are the same as mine, otherwise you will not understand anything xD)

Comment

I have a rather odd problem I own two of these boxes one is the 3gb/16gb the other is the 3gb/32gb the 32gb box is having the issue after running for a short time and loading it with all the goodies that I can find it runs smooth and cool I have it sitting on a Antec Mini Notebook Cooler it never gets above 50c but if you try to reboot the box it will freeze at the Boot Logo, I can let it rest for a while and it will boot back up and run Great, So I tried some other firmware on it with mixed results from Freezing at the Boot Logo after a reboot to just not booting at all, the 20171115 firmware for the H96 Pro was the Most stable and it would boot again but it would take almost a full 60 seconds or longer to get past the Boot Logo, So now I am running the Mini M8S Pro Firmware from 20171028 I believe it runs well and only take about 25 seconds to do a Reboot.

The Stock Firmware for this Box has never Rebooted correctly almost all the Time after it runs for a while and you do a Reboot it gets Stuck at the Boot Logo unless you let it sit for a while that is.

Not Sure why the Mini M8S Pro Firmware works better than the firmware that comes with the box but it does.

Comment

Originally posted by tht View Post
                      I have a rather odd problem I own two of these boxes one is the 3gb/16gb the other is the 3gb/32gb the 32gb box is having the issue after running for a short time and loading it with all the goodies that I can find it runs smooth and cool I have it sitting on a Antec Mini Notebook Cooler it never gets above 50c but if you try to reboot the box it will freeze at the Boot Logo, I can let it rest for a while and it will boot back up and run Great, So I tried some other firmware on it with mixed results from Freezing at the Boot Logo after a reboot to just not booting at all, the 20171115 firmware for the H96 Pro was the Most stable and it would boot again but it would take almost a full 60 seconds or longer to get past the Boot Logo, So now I am running the Mini M8S Pro Firmware from 20171028 I believe it runs well and only take about 25 seconds to do a Reboot.

The Stock Firmware for this Box has never Rebooted correctly almost all the Time after it runs for a while and you do a Reboot it gets Stuck at the Boot Logo unless you let it sit for a while that is.

Not Sure why the Mini M8S Pro Firmware works better than the firmware that comes with the box but it does.
                      I found his statement interesting, had never stopped to look at that point. Could you test the Tanix TX9 firmware and tell me if it works well? It seems a lot more firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by Novato View Post

I found his statement interesting, had never stopped to look at that point. Could you test the Tanix TX9 firmware and tell me if it works well? It seems a lot more firmware.
                        The TX9 as with the VORKE Z6 do not work at all, Bricked the Box had to jumper the pins to recover.

There are others that worked but the Mini M8S Pro " MINI-M8S-PRO-705N0-LTM8830.img" seems to work the best so far.

Comment

Originally posted by tht View Post

The TX9 as with the VORKE Z6 do not work at all, Bricked the Box had to jumper the pins to recover.

There are others that worked but the Mini M8S Pro " MINI-M8S-PRO-705N0-LTM8830.img" seems to work the best so far.
                          Very interesting, I'm thinking of testing. But I wonder if you tested on your two devices or only on the 32GB, and if you are both are M8S Pro (No L), please send me the link by private message. There needs to be the exact link that you has used to download, I'm not very good with unbrick.

Comment

Working...
                          X