Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Novato View Post

I think there is no Downgrade for this, installing Nano Firmware over using flash by SD Card or PC should already resolve. Although I find Google Play for TV much better.
    i make this M8S_PRO-V0928_Nano-20171116.img file on sd card stop m8s pro put the sd card on slot push the reset buton and plugin power after 5 6 seconds robot android show for 1 seconds and screen is black and now my box is DEAD

Comment

Originally posted by n3v3rm1nd View Post

i make this M8S_PRO-V0928_Nano-20171116.img file on sd card stop m8s pro put the sd card on slot push the reset buton and plugin power after 5 6 seconds robot android show for 1 seconds and screen is black and now my box is DEAD
      If problem is firmware your box is not dead but bricked. You can unbrick

Comment

MECOOL M8S PRO S912 2GB/16ROM this is my box why img file is not corect

Comment

fixed whit Usb burning tool USB cable is OK mail to mail cable + power supply on box and firmware complete 100 %

Comment

Dear magendaz, can you please provide onedrive link to your 20171109.180937.V0928 firmware? Cause i couldn't download from your freaktab link. Thank you.

FYI, I've decided to downgrade from your February released ROM, cause it made my box froze randomly.

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              No, the OneDrive share is for my current custom ROMs only. Everything else gets archived to FreakTab.org.

Originally posted by surya77
            Dear magendaz, can you please provide onedrive link to your 20171109.180937.V0928 firmware? Cause i couldn't download from your freaktab link. Thank you.

FYI, I've decided to downgrade from your February released ROM, cause it made my box froze randomly.
            Most probably related to heat issues...
            Mine works without any problems with his February released rom - in fact it's the best one among all for M8S Pro, I only wish it had L1 support...

Comment

Agreed, February release is the best so far. Think M8S Pro ATV firmware should switch to Shiningworth based firmwares, because they are more stable and completed.

Comment

Guest Any update on the firmware based on Vorke Z6 which can retain the L1 option??
                ​​​​​​​

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No, and I've got some other projects now in the queue that are higher priority. It could be a long wait.

Guest Just registered to say "Thank You" for your work. Running the feb release and it's so much better than the factory FW

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks! :-)

how can i revert back to stock? I downloaded the image MECOOL M8S PRO SD 20170817.zip but when i try to flash it via TWRP i get an error: "this package is for "M8SPRO" devices l this is a "q201_N"" i saw one post that talked about reinstalling twrp to fix this but where do i get that image from? the m8s pro isnt listed in their devices list.

Comment

Originally posted by oweng View Post
                You need to use one of the OEM OTA updates with the fixed update script like this: http://freaktab.org/5d1306cce48f4c3b.

trying to flash that and i get a new error
                file_getprop: failed to stat "/system/build.prop": No such file or directory

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oh, it seems you wiped your system partition. Now you've got to flash the burn package with USB Burning Tool or Bootcardmaker. Alternatively, you could strip out the environment checks in the "updater-script" file (located in META-INF/com/google/android/), but that's a little dangerous.

Dear magendaz, just here to confirm that your feb released Rom turns out to be the best Rom I've ever used. I just realized what made my box frozed, it's my fault. I installed your feb ROM to my box without wiping it first. How stupid of me.
                Thanks a lot for your hard work, really can't wait for more updates.

Comment

can somebody post a video of that rom on youtube

Comment

feb ROM

Comment

Originally posted by miki87 View Post
                      feb ROM
                      I have some videos of my new Mecool M8S Pro L with the Bluetooth Voice Remote that I posted to YouTube, maybe that is what you want to see. It came with a firmware dated Feb. 5, 2018.

MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Working...
                      X