Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Beelink GT1 / Alfawise S92 TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is excellent. I just got the GT1 and settled on it because of the excellent ROM support for a solid device from Beelink at a great price. I almost went with the MiTV Box due to the official Google support.
    i had my Tronsmart MXIII+ for about 2.5 years and its still working great. It was an 812 chip though and it was time for an upgrade.
    i read all the reviews from people who had bootloops and other issues with their devices. As soon as I started mine up it worked fine, I was immediately prompted for an OTA update and it worked fine, but the next time I powered it on, it was stuck at "Please wait" and there was no way around it. I apparently have one of the 6255 wireless chipped boxes and I'm wondering if its related to that. With the minor hardware changes, they really should've made it more readily known and it seems to be a headache for them as well with supporting separate firmware packages.
    Anyways, it just encouraged me to try a custom ROM sooner as long as I was going to have to try to repair it. Ive been a Nexus user and a recognized contributor at XDA for years so I have a basic understanding of how these boxes work, but working with these Chinese made TV boxes is a totally different ballgame. It is kind of fun though.
    I found this ROM and gave it a try. I tried the bootcard method and it worked perfectly. The box has been working perfectly with this ROM. No issues as of yet, I'm just not sure how I feel about the Leanback launcher. I'm going to try this ROM for a bit and see of I get used to it. I was thrilled to have TWRP included.
    Thank you for your time and effort on this. Great job.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Just wait until you see the version I'm working on now. Almost released it yesterday, but I'm struggling to address one last issue with the QCA9377 wireless drivers.

hello
    I installed your rom Nexus_q201_TVStock_NHG47L-20170825 Everything works except the wifi I have the beelink version gt1 ultimate ax12 do you have a solution without changing the rom Thank you Charles

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Unfortunately, my GT1 Ultimate was bricked during early development, and so i can no longer test builds on that hardware. Any support on the current build was just inherited by using the Shiningworth All-in-One firmware as a foundation, which includes support both AP6255 and QCA9377 wireless chipsets.

I've got a new build based on GT1_705N0, but it will only support the QCA9277/LTM8830...at least until I can get some GT1 hardware with the AP6255 chipset.

Good evening
    I have some questions that I did not find the answer by browsing the forum
    I did not find the right setting to enjoy the dts or dolby.
    I have done many tests with kodi and adon plex and netflix without success
    With Mx-player in local networks it works however very well.
    Ideas ?
    Something else surprising I no longer have access to the sdcard reader with Es-explorer, I can access it via the application installed file of origin.
    I wanted to make a complete backup of this config which even if it is not perfect.
    It did not work
    Which app to use

Thank you for your answers

Charles

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm planning to release an update tonight. Many (but probably not all) of these issues should be fixed.

@Magendaz : I'll wait for the new build.
    I have GT1 ultimate (AX12 hardware with 705NO ROM) and no sound output via SP/DIF .
    No matter what I select (PCM/ SPDIF RAW/ HDMI RAW) sound always output into HDMI

Comment

Okay, the updates are posted for the Nano and Stock (non-ATV) variants, but it's very late so I'll update TVStock tomorrow.

Comment

Hello

Just a test with the new rom 10 min, Sdcard found without problem and wifi ok
        I'm waiting for the atv version to test the sound dts and doldy
        thank you for your work Charles

Comment

Changelog (20171108):
          • New system apps and framework from M8S Pro, but still built on the All-in-One TX8 Max kernel and foundation.
          • M8S Pro framework fixed the Action Bar bug in Android TV, as well as the More Settings crash in Android TV.
          • Added additional option (Sleep) to global action menu that displays when you press and hold the Power button.
          • Fixed Bluetooth audio stuttering problem. (Have confirmed on QCA9377 wireless chipset, but not AP6255.)
          • Fixed issue with external storage not showing up in some applications.
          • A new set of OEM-specific options are available in Settings, particularly with Display and Dolby/DTS features in Sound.
          • Removed attempt to launch voice assist on Back button long press. (Only valid for watches)
          • Added support for all HID devices (e.g. remotes, gamepads, etc.) on latest Nougat firmware for Nexus Player, NVIDIA Shield TV & Xiamoi Mi Box
          • The Terminal app now shows only after being enabled in Settings->Developer Options.
          • Releasing as OTA updates (.zip file) as well as Amlogic burn packages (.img file)
          • Latest build from Open GApps (20171108)
          Known Bugs:
          • I'm occasionally seeing a stutter in UI animations, but it fortunately doesn't seem to affect video playback.
          • Google Cast service broadcasts and is discoverable from mobile devices, but sometimes quits unexpectedly when connected.
          • If holding reset button to boot to recovery, release after 10 seconds and then wait for almost a minute. It will eventually get there.
          Download:

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
            Changelog (20171108):
            • New system apps and framework from M8S Pro, but still built on the All-in-One TX8 Max kernel and foundation.
            • M8S Pro framework fixed the Action Bar bug in Android TV, as well as the More Settings crash in Android TV.
            • Added additional option (Sleep) to global action menu that displays when you press and hold the Power button.
            • Fixed Bluetooth audio stuttering problem. (Have confirmed on QCA9377 wireless chipset, but not AP6255.)
            • Fixed issue with external storage not showing up in some applications.
            • A new set of OEM-specific options are available in Settings, particularly with Display and Dolby/DTS features in Sound.
            • Removed attempt to launch voice assist on Back button long press. (Only valid for watches)
            • Added support for all HID devices (e.g. remotes, gamepads, etc.) on latest Nougat firmware for Nexus Player, NVIDIA Shield TV & Xiamoi Mi Box
            • The Terminal app now shows only after being enabled in Settings->Developer Options.
            • Releasing as OTA updates (.zip file) as well as Amlogic burn packages (.img file)
            • Latest build from Open GApps (20171108)
            Known Bugs:
            • I'm occasionally seeing a stutter in UI animations, but it fortunately doesn't seem to affect video playback.
            • Google Cast service broadcasts and is discoverable from mobile devices, but sometimes quits unexpectedly when connected.
            • If holding reset button to boot to recovery, release after 10 seconds and then wait for almost a minute. It will eventually get there.
            Download:
            Thanks a lot Magendanz. If am using OTA zip file, i dont need to wipe data, do i?

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              If you're just updating from the previous TVStock release, I don't think a data wipe is necessary.

I can report 20171108 works with GT1 Ultimate AX12.
            But I still got no sound via SPDIF.
            No matter what I select (PCM / SPDIF RAW/ HDMI RAW), sound always output to HDMI.
            I think this is caused by original ROM, not Magendanz's fault.

ANyone know (Magisk) module or apk to divert the sound output to SPDIF?

Comment

Guest just did a fresh burn package install on my GT1 Ultimate, found 2 bugs and have a request.
              First bug was using a phone to do initial wizard setup, it when I got to the screen about selecting your device it said to select "null" as the device, and then failed to connect, I had to set it up manually.
              Second is Bluetooth isn't working, it wont even turn on under more settings and in dd device searches forever.

Feature request, I noticed in tillaz87 conversion script for the stock 705N ROM there was an option in display to convert SD to HDR, do you know anything about this and if so would it be difficult to implement?

Thanks for all your hard work man, I love your ROMs .

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                SD to HDR is an OEM-specific TvSettings.apk feature, and we'll get it back if we move to the Beelink OEM firmware as base (but then we lose other features like All-in-One ROM for multiple wireless chipsets and remotes and some fixes like the action bar that allows non-ATV apps to run well on TVStock.)

I was afraid that what we did for the Bluetooth audio fix might break things on the AP6255 (which I assume you have), but I'm working on a solution now for both.

That device-based setup in Google's SetupWraith.apk has been broken in every Nougat release so far. I'm not aware of any workaround.

I initially had an issue with flashing Magisk, but found the issue. Magisk 14.0 flashes fine, but the latest 14.3 Beta doesn't flash and the installation fails. It should be able to be updated via GUI once 14.0 is flashed however.
              Last edited by Gorilla P; 11-09-2017, 16:46.

Comment

thank you for this great rom, I am really enjoying it.

I found two problems on 20171108, bluetooth is not working on A912 version (doesn't turn on), so as wi-fi (it scans but cannot connect)

thank you for your hard work!

--------------------------------------------------------
                sorry wrong post,
                it was for Beelink GT1 / Alfawise S92 Stock & Nano Nexus ROMs (Android 7.1)
                Last edited by NoOneOth; 11-09-2017, 17:19.

Comment

Originally posted by NoOneOth View Post
                  thank you for this great rom, I am really enjoying it.

I found two problems on 20171108, bluetooth is not working on A912 version (doesn't turn on), so as wi-fi (it scans but cannot connect)

thank you for your hard work!

--------------------------------------------------------
                  sorry wrong post,
                  it was for Beelink GT1 / Alfawise S92 Stock & Nano Nexus ROMs (Android 7.1)
                  I can confirm my A912 is working well with this ROM so far.

Comment

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That's reassuring, since I didn't do anything to the AP6255 wireless stack. The only thing I messed with was Bluetooth to fix the audio bug, and I've got another solution that I'm going to try there.

Hello I just tested the latest update tv stock rélaiser by Magendanz I found access to the sdcard, but the wi-fi still does not work networks are found but no connection possible, it worked on the stock version ... No evolution concerning the sound still no dts or dollby via plex or kodi. The power button disappeared I use the remote control to turn off the box. I am looking for a solution for the sound via an application, I retrieve an old version of kodi and another of stmc .. Other possible solutions? thank you for your work Charles
                  I have a gt1 ultimate ax12

Comment

Hi Magendanz, thank you for this release.
                    I installed the new OTA version (20171108) on my GT1 A912 and I confirm that bluetooth is not working on A912 version (doesn't turn on).
                    For me, wifi is working good.

Comment

Guest commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I don't have a functional AP6255 box anymore, so thanks for the feedback. I've got a solution now for the Bluetooth audio that hopefully won't break on the AP6255, but I may need to have someone like you try it out first. Would you be willing?
                  Working...
                  X