Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Beelink GT1 / Alfawise S92 TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

This is good news!!!!!

Comment

Hi Magendanz
      Do you know if cast streams works on this ROM. I know it does work on your other non android TV ROM 7.1, but does not with Tillaz87 ROM

​​​​​​

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        It's been in the release notes as a Known Issue since I started this thread. To my knowledge, no one has figured a fix or workaround yet.

UPDATE: There's a new version (v.1.28.104551) of Google Cast Receiver coming down from the play store, which is significantly different from previous releases. It still doesn't work, but it's failing differently. Perhaps we can get more information from the logcat.
        Last edited by Guest; 11-20-2017, 20:36.

Which one do you think is better ROM? This one with ATV or the superceleron´s one with no-ATV. I mean in terms of fluency, usability and functions. Thank a lot for the great job to all devs!

Comment

Changelog (20171119):
        • Now back to the latest Shiningworth All-in-One firmware (Vorke_Z6-20171110). No more hybrid with VideoStrong framework.
        • Added local update and backup option from Settings->About->System update based on Amlogic stock OTAUpgrade app.
        • The status bar can now be temporarily shown by dragging the mouse pointer to the top edge of the screen.
        • The navigation bar can now be shown or hidden via the setting in Settings->Display->Toggle Navigation Bar.
        • The Power button is back on the Android TV Launcher row for Settings.
        • Back to the previous set of OEM-specific options available in Settings, particularly with Display and Dolby/DTS features in Sound.
        • This underlying OEM firmware is not rooted. You can install SuperSu or Magisk, if you need this.
        • Latest build from Open GApps (20171119)
        Known Bugs:
        • I'm still seeing some stuttering with Bluetooth audio, but it comes and goes.
        • I need to make some adjustments to the device tree to get S/PDIF audio working.
        • The underlying OEM firmware doesn't have the ActionBar fix, and so More Settings is disabled. (Hopefully, they'll get it soon.)
        • Google Cast service broadcasts and is discoverable from mobile devices, but quits unexpectedly when connected.
        • If holding reset button to boot to recovery, release after 10 seconds and then wait for almost a minute. It will eventually get there.
        Download:

Comment

Guest will this work on the TX9 Pro?

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, both the Tanix TX9 Pro and the Vorke Z6.

I tried downloading the file but onedrive is saying item does not exist anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
            Changelog (20171119):
            • Now back to the latest Shiningworth All-in-One firmware (Vorke_Z6-20171110). No more hybrid with VideoStrong framework.
            • Added local update and backup option from Settings->About->System update based on Amlogic stock OTAUpgrade app.
            • The status bar can now be temporarily shown by dragging the mouse pointer to the top edge of the screen.
            • The navigation bar can now be shown or hidden via the setting in Settings->Display->Toggle Navigation Bar.
            • The Power button is back on the Android TV Launcher row for Settings.
            • Back to the previous set of OEM-specific options available in Settings, particularly with Display and Dolby/DTS features in Sound.
            • This underlying OEM firmware is not rooted. You can install SuperSu or Magisk, if you need this.
            • Latest build from Open GApps (20171119)
            Known Bugs:
            • I'm still seeing some stuttering with Bluetooth audio, but it comes and goes.
            • I need to make some adjustments to the device tree to get S/PDIF audio working.
            • The underlying OEM firmware doesn't have the ActionBar fix, and so More Settings is disabled. (Hopefully, they'll get it soon.)
            • Google Cast service broadcasts and is discoverable from mobile devices, but quits unexpectedly when connected.
            • If holding reset button to boot to recovery, release after 10 seconds and then wait for almost a minute. It will eventually get there.
            Download:
            Can't download, your drive is offline.

Comment

Sorry for the noob questions, i read entire thread without finding answers about those question.
              I've a brand new beelink GT1 standard with android 7.1.2

1 Which version I've to use burn package or ota update?
              2 after prepared a stick with boot card maker using the burn package is enough to plug the stick in the box and reboot? Because i tried and nothing happens.
              3) for the usb burning tool option a male male usb cable is needed?

Thanks...
              Last edited by Guus; 11-21-2017, 01:24.

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, all of these Nexus custom ROMs come with the latest TWRP. If you open the .zip file, it's called "recovery.img".

How about de ram management? And are the eight cores working properly?
              If I have Android 6, can I do a clean install with burn package direcly?

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, you can do a Nougat upgrade with the burn package, but not the OTA update. RAM management is stock for Android, and the cores should be tuned pretty well, since one of our FreakTab ROM Developers is on the firmware dev team at Shiningworth and I can't imagine he would let them get away with anything less than perfection. ;-)

Hi Magendanz,
              I used your OTA file to upgrade from 707 ROM with success in my GT1 Ultimate. Do I loose anything as the Ultimate has bigger memory and your ROM given for GT1 only
              regards

Philippe

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                It should detect the 3GB DRAM configuration and select the correct device tree so that you'll have access to it all. Like the GT1_707N0 firmware, it works on both GT1 Standard and Ultimate, but it also supports all the GT1 wireless chipsets.

Guest rel. 20171119 works perfect on my gt1 ultimate (g912), finally vlc recognizes external drives. thanks pal!

Comment

OK fine

I also succeeded to ROOT it with supersu.zip. Other solution did not work.

Good work Magendansk

What I'd like to find now is a way to replace the laucher with something more convivial.

and also how to have all applications on the main page as some applications are installed on the main page, and other elsewhere wihout any possibility to create a shortcut.

But those are détails ........
                Thanks a lot

Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Philbra View Post
                  OK fine

I also succeeded to ROOT it with supersu.zip. Other solution did not work.

Good work Magendansk

What I'd like to find now is a way to replace the laucher with something more convivial.

and also how to have all applications on the main page as some applications are installed on the main page, and other elsewhere wihout any possibility to create a shortcut.

But those are détails ........
                  Thanks a lot

Phil
                  sideloaded (non-tv) apps will not show up on main page. access them from the app drawer or install sideload launcher

Comment

Thanks sd-xx
                    this is what I use as sideload is intalled in my box

But I remember I used a program with another ROM I used in the past that gives the possibility to make a long press on any application and create a shortcut in main page
                    not a big deal

regads

Philippe

Comment

Originally posted by Philbra View Post
                    Thanks sd-xx
                    this is what I use as sideload is intalled in my box

But I remember I used a program with another ROM I used in the past that gives the possibility to make a long press on any application and create a shortcut in main page
                    not a big deal

regads

Philippe
                    wow, did not know... googled it, it is tvapprepo opencommunity release. added, like! :-D
                    An app repository of Android TV apps. Contribute to ITVlab/TvAppRepo development by creating an account on GitHub.

Comment

Working...
                    X