Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro L TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoKin View Post
    I refreshed my Mecool M8S Pro L android tv box with the USB burning tool to the previous build, 20180417.150752.V0213.img. I then tried updating to the newest build, 20180803.173707.V0213 three times:
    1 time with the 5g wifi connection
    1 time with the 2g wifi connection
    1 time with the Ethernet connection
    All failed with the same status 7 error message. Can anybody provide me the 20180803.173707.V0213.img file? This is very frustrating. Anybody help please.
    Hi,
    I had the same issue on my box (LB box with BT voice remote ) : the last update 20180803.173707.V0213 failed with status 7 error message. I'm not a geek or (Code Man) but I'm engineer so I've tried to understand and find a solution .
    Fortunately , After many test , I Succed and my box is Updated Now .I share my solution .Hope it can help you and works .
    Please let me know and others members if it works for you!!

1- Step 1:
    Download ROM 20180316.143701.V0213 here : http://freaktab.org/a28c3f52268572bb . This is the stock rom for LB boxes with BT voice remote, ATV version .
    And Flash the ROM With Amlogic USB Burning

2- Step 2 :
    Download OTA 20180417.150752.V0213 here : https://mega.nz/#F!YNw1HarI!6KT6bK34cEzxte0htOmFdA .
    Copy the Zip File to a Blanck USB device.
    Insert the USB device in the box
    Do a "Local Update"
    If done right, you should see your Zip file. So click and go ahead.

3- Step 3 :
    If done right (Step 1 & 2) , your box is Properly updated .
    You have just to perform the update OTA 20180803.173707.V0213

4- Step 4
    That's it
    Enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by kevtheseg View Post
      just a suggestion for all the LB owners out there including me. if we was to club together we could get a box for Magendanz so we can get some decent firmwere for our boxes Im willing to contribute as much as the next man. but am i alone?? please let me know your thoughts .Dont know how we would go about it?.
      I think it's a good idea. it's okay for me. We need more people to help the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by newkind View Post
        I noticed that it always happens when you rapidly push buttons on the remote ie. when you are quickly jumping through the letters on the screen keyboard suddenly "Shutdown..." popup appears and box turns off itself in next couple of seconds.
        That happens both on my M8S PRO L and my KM8P (same remote). But only when pushing the "left" button - not rapidly, but about 10-12 times over five seconds or five hours, it just happens. Any other button, no problem. Pressing "left" on a game controller or keyboard, no problem. Only the IR remote ..

Comment

Originally posted by kevtheseg View Post
          just a suggestion for all the LB owners out there including me. if we was to club together we could get a box for Magendanz so we can get some decent firmwere for our boxes Im willing to contribute as much as the next man. but am i alone?? please let me know your thoughts .Dont know how we would go about it?.
          I'm in. Willing to match whatever anyone puts down. We just need to figure out how to go about it .

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
            Changelog (20180830):
            • Ported over latest M8S Pro OEM firmware (20180412.194117.V0213)
            • Merged in latest M8S Pro L bootloader and device tree (20180803.173707.V0213)
            • Updated to TWRP Recovery 3.2.3-0
            • Preserves Miracast from OEM firmware
            • Latest build from Open GApps (20180830)
            Notes:
            • This firmware is designed for earlier models of the M8S Pro L with the QCA9377 wireless chipset. If you install it on later (non-LQ) hardware, WiFi and Bluetooth won't work.
            Download:
            Does this firmware adds to the LQ boxes the PlayReady DRM that the april OTA had for the LB boxes?
            Gearbest is currently saying that the box support Prime Video in its Q/A section
            Thank you for the update
            Best regards

Comment

Looks like I missed this. Is there an OTA update to get PlayReady DRM for the LB version? My LB box does not show any new update available and it doesn't have the PlayReady DRM

Comment

Originally posted by san_ic View Post
                Looks like I missed this. Is there an OTA update to get PlayReady DRM for the LB version? My LB box does not show any new update available and it doesn't have the PlayReady DRM
                This ota update is only for lb boxes version with BT voice remote (the lb version with normal remote hasn't ota update yet and I believe mecool/videostrong don't support with updates this version in the future).

Comment

deleted (double post)…
                  Last edited by Giannis; 09-13-2018, 14:52.

Comment

I updated my brand new M8S PRO L (LB version) with update_M8S_PRO_L-V0213_TVStock-20180830.zip. I do not use or need wi-fi or BT. Everything works fine. However after longer period of inactivity (most often overnight) the box gets disconnected from Internet and can't reconnect. Simple replugging the ethernet cable fixes the problem. I noticed that the box changes its MAC address after every reboot. Is this the source of the problem? How can I solve it?

Comment

Originally posted by madkostej View Post
                      I updated my brand new M8S PRO L (LB version) with update_M8S_PRO_L-V0213_TVStock-20180830.zip. I do not use or need wi-fi or BT. Everything works fine. However after longer period of inactivity (most often overnight) the box gets disconnected from Internet and can't reconnect. Simple replugging the ethernet cable fixes the problem. I noticed that the box changes its MAC address after every reboot. Is this the source of the problem? How can I solve it?
                      Did DRMinfo shows PlayReady as available after the update on your LB box?
                      Did you had the chance ti check if PlayReady was available before the update?
                      supposedly your box should had it or be able to get it from an OTA
                      Thanks
                      Regards

Comment

Originally posted by aak82 View Post

Hi,
                        I had the same issue on my box (LB box with BT voice remote ) : the last update 20180803.173707.V0213 failed with status 7 error message. I'm not a geek or (Code Man) but I'm engineer so I've tried to understand and find a solution .
                        Fortunately , After many test , I Succed and my box is Updated Now .I share my solution .Hope it can help you and works .

1- Step 1:
                        Download ROM 20180316.143701.V0213 here : http://freaktab.org/a28c3f52268572bb . This is the stock rom for LB boxes with BT voice remote, ATV version .

2- Step 2 :
                        Download OTA 20180417.150752.V0213 here : https://mega.nz/#F!YNw1HarI!6KT6bK34cEzxte0htOmFdA .
                        Do a "Local Update"

3- Step 3 :

4- Step 4
                        That's it
                        Enjoy
                        I did everything you told me to do, and it worked. My issue has been resolved. The wifi works great, the bluetooth works great, and Netflix works great, and I am updated to the most up-to-date version. Thank you very much.

Comment

riginally posted by aak82 View Post
                          Hi,

1- Step 1:

2- Step 2 :
                          Do a "Local Update"

3- Step 3 :

4- Step 4
                          That's it
                          Enjoy

I did everything you told me to do, and it worked. My issue has been resolved. The wifi works great, the bluetooth works great, and Netflix works great, and I am updated to the most up-to-date version. Thank you very much.

I did it too but I can't do step 2...something goes wrong when Update starts...even with the OTA update

Comment

Originally posted by aak82 View Post

Hi,

1- Step 1:

2- Step 2 :
                            Do a "Local Update"

3- Step 3 :

4- Step 4
                            That's it
                            Enjoy
                            Failed in step 2. After Local update of 20180417. Box doesn't boot. Stuck in mecool logo.

Comment

Originally posted by bilas.pal View Post

Failed in step 2. After Local update of 20180417. Box doesn't boot. Stuck in mecool logo.
                              If you have a box (lb version) with normal remote, you ' ll have issues installing these roms. Read the following thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Intrinsic View Post

I'm in. Willing to match whatever anyone puts down. We just need to figure out how to go about it .
                                It's good to know that I'm not alone in the desire to get some desent firmware for our box even if that means putting our money where our mouth is.. However we seem to be a minority most seem to think this shit just happens and should be free. Hopefully some other people will see this and feel as we do and we can make this happen

Comment

Working...
                                X