Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro L Stock & Nano Nexus ROM (Android 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by balnik View Post

I found it. Now is unrooted.
    Would also like to know

Comment

Originally posted by bchuter View Post

Would also like to know
      Unroot by using a file manager like ES File Explorer (just turn on root access in the settings). Go to the system folder and select “xbin” delete “busybox” and “su”. Go back to the system folder and select “bin” delete “su”. Restart the device and it will all be done.

Comment

Originally posted by balnik View Post

Unroot by using a file manager like ES File Explorer (just turn on root access in the settings). Go to the system folder and select “xbin” delete “busybox” and “su”. Go back to the system folder and select “bin” delete “su”. Restart the device and it will all be done.

Fantastic! thanks for the info

Comment

Does this firmware support the AP6255 chipset for wireless and bluetooth. If so, would it be compatible for the T95Z plus 3G/32 Thanks, Ynot

Comment

Guest i love your rom, all is working so great, i don´t have any heating or freezing problems and the apps are running very smooth.

But i have two questions to you, perhaps you can help:

1) Sky Go Germany released a new update of the app and now it is not possible more to run this app on rooted devices,but i need root. So i changed successfully from SuperSu to Magisk 16.0. Now i can hide my Sky Go app and it is running again. But there is other problem, that the app don´t accept to watch on external tv monitor (as i do with HDMI connection). The former version of the app worked and did not give this error, but now i can see the picture running with a big message in front of it.

Have you a possibility to bypass this in your future rom-update to make the app thinking that is no external monitor connected?
            As for example on fones or tablets it is running well, because they have their screen integrated as well.

2) The Magix 16.0 is installed correctly, but when i check the SafetyNet Test, the ctsProfile did not pass, why? And what means it? See the anexed picture.
            On my Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Plus with LineageOS 14.1 installed (also rooted) i have installed the same Magisk 16.0 verison and the SafetyTest pass all ok.

Thanks for your help.Click image for larger version  Name:	magix safetynet.jpg Views:	1 Size:	108.8 KB ID:	714698

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffers View Post

Any chance of a reply?

Don't want to burn it to my box and have issues.
              I have to get rid of this ATV GUI it's driving me mad, wasting so much screen space and I would like full play store.

Am I able to use this ROM, if I loose voice remote so be it?

Or, anyone recommend a ROM I can use on this box, Mecool M8S Pro L 3GB/32GB with voice remote?

Comment

hello
                installed this one, update_M8S_PRO_L-V0928_Stock-20180310.zip, nano & stock variance, very nice, it's which i prefer, thanks

VERY GOOD , BIG THANKS
                Last edited by yyvon66; 03-22-2018, 06:30.

Comment

Guest i love your rom, all is working so great, i don´t have any heating or freezing problems and the apps are running very smooth.

But i have two questions to you, perhaps you can help:

1) Sky Go Germany released a new update of the app and now it is not possible more to run this app on rooted devices,but i need root. So i changed successfully from SuperSu to Magisk 16.0. Now i can hide my Sky Go app and it is running again. But there is other problem, that the app don´t accept to watch on external tv monitor (as i do with HDMI connection). The former version of the app worked and did not give this error, but now i can see the picture running with a big message in front of it.

Have you a possibility to bypass this in your future rom-update to make the app thinking that is no external monitor connected?
                  As for example on fones or tablets it is running well, because they have their screen integrated as well.

2) The Magix 16.0 is installed correctly, but when i check the SafetyNet Test, the ctsProfile did not pass, why? And what means it? See the anexed picture.
                  On my Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Plus with LineageOS 14.1 installed (also rooted) i have installed the same Magisk 16.0 verison and the SafetyTest pass all ok.

Guest could you help me please with this problem, that the new Sky Go app (after update) don´t allow more the external Screen connected with HDMI (mirroring) with the Mecool box.
                  Perhaps you can find a solution? Would be very greatful.

Here some more informations: https://www.didgeridoohan.com/magisk...kHideSafetyNet
                  Last edited by tombraga; 03-20-2018, 09:33.

Comment

My Mecool appears to go asleep, when I switch to the HDMI channel it is connected to the 'No Signal' message is displayed, blue light is on. I have tried every key on the supplied remote, including short and long press of power and OK keys, but nothing appears to wake the box up. Anyone advise me on how to wake the box up?
                    Before it gets in this state the screen saving moving about the screen clock is displayed.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffers View Post
                      My Mecool appears to go asleep, when I switch to the HDMI channel it is connected to the 'No Signal' message is displayed, blue light is on. I have tried every key on the supplied remote, including short and long press of power and OK keys, but nothing appears to wake the box up. Anyone advise me on how to wake the box up?
                      Before it gets in this state the screen saving moving about the screen clock is displayed.
                      Try to disconnect\connect the hdmi cable

Comment

Originally posted by zenix View Post

Try to disconnect\connect the hdmi cable
                        Disconnecting HDMI had no effect, reconnecting HDMI had no effect, disconnecting power and reconnecting box boots OK

Comment

Guest Hello, I am using the (Nano Variant: BURN PACKAGE). I installed an android tv netflix for 1080p(works great) , but noticed it has a grey bar at the bottom while playing a movie. This doesn't happen in Plex or Prime Video. Anyway to fix this, Other then that this rom works great! Thank You.

Edit 3/26/18:

Managed to get rid of the grey bar, but I lost the [Status bar/Navigation bar] option in settings doing so, don't think i ever used it.
                          Last edited by Krumm; 03-27-2018, 17:15.

Comment

Originally posted by tombraga View Post

Guest please help me (and sure other german users)...

is it not possible to "make" something in your rom to simulate that the HDMI-cable connection don´t exists and the box is not a box but some device with internal monitor? Would be great and so great help. thanks

a similar thing as Magix does with unhiding option of the app which is fooling the sky go app that the device is not rooted. And now we need something which fools that there is no external monitor but internal monitor.

Guest why don´t respond me??
                            Last edited by tombraga; 04-12-2018, 12:20.

Comment

Originally posted by Krumm View Post
                              Guest Hello, I am using the (Nano Variant: BURN PACKAGE). I installed an android tv netflix for 1080p(works great) , but noticed it has a grey bar at the bottom while playing a movie. This doesn't happen in Plex or Prime Video. Anyway to fix this, Other then that this rom works great! Thank You.

Edit 3/26/18:

Managed to get rid of the grey bar, but I lost the [Status bar/Navigation bar] option in settings doing so, don't think i ever used it.
                              Sorry, can you tell me how you did it, because i swicht off the status bar and still have the grey bar.

Comment

Hi guys,

I am in the stock version, Could somebody tell me if is possible to come back to Mecool original firmware? I am new here and I have no idea.

Thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X