Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S905X Android 8.0 Oreo (Tested on Mini M8S II. Possibile to work on other GXL/S905X boxes. Testing needed! "WIP")

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes I read about terminal app, but maybe there could be another solution? (like rashr OR chainfire flashtool?)

Did not try cable. But seems like the RTL combo chip is not that supported :-( ...

Read posts from Xannytech facing issues with that chip, I guess even superceleron who ran into trouble and could not get bluetooth to work..

Comment

Originally posted by soldiaz View Post
      Maybe stupid question: I got device with RTL 8723 BS chipset. Nothing works neither wifi nor bluetooth. Any way getting that to work?

Possible to flash TWRP via flashr or something else? Or just teminal?
      You can also write to the memory card twrp and insert into the box hold the reset and turn on the box .

Comment

yep, but rename to recovery.img right?

But I will be facing same issues...driver related :-( ...

Comment

yep, but rename to recovery.img right?
          Yes.

Comment

Yes I read about terminal app, but maybe there could be another solution? (like rashr OR chainfire flashtool?)

Did not try cable. But seems like the RTL combo chip is not that supported :-( ...

Read posts from Xannytech facing issues with that chip, I guess even superceleron who ran into trouble and could not get bluetooth to work..
            Here i wrote that you can write twrp using the Root rashr flash tool program.Drivers for yyou wifi chip should be added to the vendor section.

Comment

Oh ok, thank you very much, I missed that...

I took a closer look on how to add drivers. I forgot about projrct treble which makes this easier.

But I according to what i read I cannot just add drivers. They must fit to the kernel..

Do the drivers get called automatically? I guess I have to make a script?

Comment

Oh ok, thank you very much, I missed that...

I took a closer look on how to add drivers. I forgot about projrct treble which makes this easier.

But I according to what i read I cannot just add drivers. They must fit to the kernel..

Do the drivers get called automatically? I guess I have to make a script?
                If you can better make a kernel with the support of your wifi.Source and kernel on the Amlogic website.Or ask for Lewy.

Comment

Here on the site there is a topic about Mecool KM8 .He received the firmware from android 9 atv.I have so far come from the firmware of the recovery.They do not understand boot.img.It is closed.

Comment

mick154 sent me bt fix for TX7 which is working for my RTL BT chipset as well. Does anyone know wheter there is wifi patch too?

well, it is combo chipset, ill try to flash to oreo....maybe anything working then?!!! Except remote of course ...

Comment

mick154 sent me bt fix for TX7 which is working for my RTL BT chipset as well. Does anyone know wheter there is wifi patch too?

well, it is combo chipset, ill try to flash to oreo....maybe anything working then?!!! Except remote of course ...

In link 3 there is a download from RTL 8723bs.

Comment

Thanks! Maybe misunderstanding.

The TX7 BT fix works for me!! Now I have BT and wifi! Before I had wifi only using PoisonATV.

I just wonder If there is a wifi patch for Oreo rom since I do not have connection and RTL 8723bs seems to be combo chipset.

Ive not tried the patch on oreo yet..

Comment

Thanks! Maybe misunderstanding.

The TX7 BT fix works for me!! Now I have BT and wifi! Before I had wifi only using PoisonATV.

I just wonder If there is a wifi patch for Oreo rom since I do not have connection and RTL 8723bs seems to be combo chipset.

Ive not tried the patch on oreo yet..

It is necessary to transfer these drivers to Oreo vendor section.

Comment

You already mentioned that fact.

And then link?

So Patches which worked on NOugat wont work on Oreo? Ill give it a try...

Comment

And then link?

If you are interested here ,there is an instruction for creating armbian ubuntu.You can also add drivers to the kernel which you need.I did it easily and. does not require a lot of knowledge.
                              Использовалась виртуальная машина с Ubuntu_16.04 х64 с 4 ГБ ОЗУ и 100 ГБ жесткого диска. При первой компиляции процесс займет много времени (около часа),

Comment

And then link?

There at the bottom of the page you can download the image of armbian ubuntu or make it yourself.

Comment

Working...
                                X