Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S905X Android 8.0 Oreo (Tested on Mini M8S II. Possibile to work on other GXL/S905X boxes. Testing needed! "WIP")

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will this work for tx5 pro with 9377 wifi .... i know it works on tx5 pro just want to know if it supports qca9377 wifi

Comment

I tried installing this on a X96 1G/8G. Attached is the boot log and the kernel panic. Let me know if there is anything else I can send you.

Cheers,

Chris
      Attached Files

Comment

Flashed to my KM8 S905X Box, my main issue being the KM8 OEM remote doesn't work plus the BT issue. But using mouse and keyboard been able to finally load 64 bit Lodi alpha1.
        If someone can help me get the OEM remote working against, it would be Great, Thks

Comment

TYPO
          S905X 2/16, Kodi 18 alpha1, also having to use up down left right on kbrd instead of selecting w/ mouse

Comment

Originally posted by cclein View Post
            I tried installing this on a X96 1G/8G. Attached is the boot log and the kernel panic. Let me know if there is anything else I can send you.

Cheers,

Chris
            The DTB lewy included with the Oreo image is only for 2G RAM boxes. I posted an edited DTB for 1GB boxes earlier in this thread. You can do a first-level unpack of the Oreo image and swap DTBs then repack and hopefully that will make an image that boots on your box.
            Last edited by 01520717; 04-22-2018, 05:47. Reason: Thought I should mention to only unpack first level since second level most likely won't pack properly

Comment

Originally posted by ignis627 View Post
              Flashed to my KM8 S905X Box, my main issue being the KM8 OEM remote doesn't work plus the BT issue. But using mouse and keyboard been able to finally load 64 bit Lodi alpha1.
              If someone can help me get the OEM remote working against, it would be Great, Thks
              The DTB has the remote definition in it. You'd have to take the remote.conf for your box and add those definitions into the DTB to get your remote working.

Comment

Levy ROM works nicely on the Le Potato S905X CC (LibreComputer).
                Does anyone know which WIFI dongle to use?
                For the developer, could you compile with more wifi hardware options. I have some WIFI USB dongles but none seems to work out on the Le Potato.

Comment

will placing the remote.cofg in the etc folder get my remote going ? read up on this someware...
                  Thks...

Comment

my Km8 is 64bit S905X with 2G + 16G, not 1G ...Thanks, will look into the DTB...

Comment

will this work on my m9+ box
                      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by ignis627 View Post
                        will placing the remote.cofg in the etc folder get my remote going ? read up on this someware...
                        Thks...
                        Unfortunately, Oreo no longer supports the use of a remote.conf file in /etc.

By default, Android versions from Nougat onwards have the remote definitions in the DTB. If you decompile it to a DTS, you can search for "keymap" and you'll find the remote definitions.

I've seen some Nougat ROMs that have some kind of app installed that allows a person to continue using remote.conf files in /etc. I've never looked to see which app they're using but I've seen it in more than one ROM so it must be something fairly common.

Comment

Originally posted by johnyboy2o17 View Post
                          will this work on my m9+ box
                          Yes, it most likely will run on your box but there are a few changes you'll have to make
                          - You'll have to replace the DTB with the 1GB RAM version I posted earlier in this thread
                          - Your remote and Wi-Fi probably won't work unless you add support for them to the ROM
                          - As with most ROMs, you'll have to leave the box on all the time because if you shut it off, the remote won't turn it back on; you'll have to pull the power plug to restart it

Comment

lewy20041 grateful for any instructions on adding WIFI USB support to your ROM.

Comment

Tried flashing the image using etcher on a MacBook and get the following error message: "It looks like this is not a bootable image. The image does not contain a partition table and may not be recognized or bootable by your device."

I went ahead and flashed anyways, inserted SD card into Le Potato and get nothing on the screen. Is this a simple fix? Any suggestions? Thx

Comment

The .img is to use with Amlogic Burning Tool only. It want work with Etcher.
                                Everything is possible if we work together!
                                ApkFreak

Comment

Working...
                                X