H96 MAX X2 Amlogic S905X2 Android 8.1 4/32GB Dual Band WiFi Fast LAN BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=rahzel;n789360]
    Yeah this is what I was using prior to the one I linked to.? It is also a very good rom.? The only issue is certain fullscreen apps launch in portrait mode.? This is easily fixed by modifying the build.prop/auto-rotate to force landscape.

I also like this rom because it already includes the launcher I use (square home launcher).? I'm still debating which I like more.? They are both very good though.

It's working for me.[

Comment

Originally posted by gatos814 View Post

If it's not showing on your pc when you connecting it then you should try the short pin ''trick'' to bring it back to life!
      Thanks for your reply gatos, I will give that a try.

Comment

Originally posted by shaft65 View Post

Thanks for your reply gatos, I will give that a try.
        It seems that you have a lpddr3 version ...
        So ,look here for further help :

And try to unbrick it with this firmware :

Good luck!

Comment

It seems that you have a lpddr3 version ...
          So ,look here for further help :
          https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...680#post774680
          And try to unbrick it with this firmware :
          https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...BQ4iLC_wLEbLVV
          Good luck!
          Many thanks once again. All help is very much appreciated! :-)

Comment

Many thanks once again. All help is very much appreciated! :-)

h96max s905x2 lpddr3 4g 32g

I have tested.no problem .working.
            Some settings to be made optional. working fast

Comment

I am using the rom HK1 that rahzel proposed recently. Everything seems to function correctly but today I got again the message for an update of 546MB and the note "Once you select install, your device will power off and enter into Recovery Mode". As I already have talked about this subject previously is it an update we can do but it needs to be installed by us, once we get into the recovery mode?
              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by ath156 View Post
                I am using the rom HK1 that rahzel proposed recently. Everything seems to function correctly but today I got again the message for an update of 546MB and the note "Once you select install, your device will power off and enter into Recovery Mode". As I already have talked about this subject previously is it an update we can do but it needs to be installed by us, once we get into the recovery mode?
                No do not install the update, again this firmware is not native for our box.  If you keep getting this prompt, then this firmware may not be best for our box.  Personally I have not seen this notification to update.  If I do, I'll probably just go back to the GT king port by segej.

Comment

Originally posted by rahzel View Post
                  No do not install the update, again this firmware is not native for our box.? If you keep getting this prompt, then this firmware may not be best for our box.? Personally I have not seen this notification to update.? If I do, I'll probably just go back to the GT king port by segej.
                  Thank you.I will not do it as I want to try this rom more extensively (I don't want to ruin my rom now), but if somebody else tries such an update please inform us.

Comment

Thank you.I will not do it as I want to try this rom more extensively (I don't want to ruin my rom now), but if somebody else tries such an update please inform us.
                    So the update prompt popped up just now... that's a deal breaker for me.  I'm gonna go back to the GT King port.  I really liked the GT King port.  The only issue I had was fullscreen apps rotating to portrait, which is fixable in the build.prop.  Also I'm not a big fan of the mouse cursor... I prefer the simple windows style cursor.

Comment

Recently I purchased h96 x2 box from banggood. It came with Android 9.0 out of the box.

I am having problem with Bluetooth. It is always stuck on discovering devices, it never find any of my Bluetooth devices. There is no on/off switch for Bluetooth in settings.

If anyone knows solution to Bluetooth problem then please let me know.

P. S. - It has u212 board.

Comment

Originally posted by rahzel View Post

So the update prompt popped up just now... that's a deal breaker for me.? I'm gonna go back to the GT King port.? I really liked the GT King port.? The only issue I had was fullscreen apps rotating to portrait, which is fixable in the build.prop.? Also I'm not a big fan of the mouse cursor... I prefer the simple windows style cursor.
                        Just out of curiosity, why the update is "a deal breaker for you"?
                        Because you think it will destroy your rom (e.g. make it unbootable) or out of security warnings?

Comment

Just out of curiosity, why the update is "a deal breaker for you"?
                          Because you think it will destroy your rom (e.g. make it unbootable) or out of security warnings?
                          No, it's just an annoyance I don't want to deal with, even if it's infrequent.  I was happy with the GT king rom, so even the smallest issue will make me switch back.

Comment

If it's not showing on your pc when you connecting it then you should try the short pin ''trick'' to bring it back to life!
                            Thanks for the reply gatos, unfortunately, still no life other than a red light, after shorting the pins, when connecting to USB Burning Tool :-(

Comment

Thanks for the reply gatos, unfortunately, still no life other than a red light, after shorting the pins, when connecting to USB Burning Tool :-(

Did usb burning tool working before the brick or not ?

Comment

Hi gatos

Yes, I had flashed quite a few images over a year or so, it wasn't a flash that bricked the box, last week it just wouldn't boot up anymore. Only sign of life are the two blue and one red light.

I've read somewhere you can possibly get a temporary boot loader to try and get it past the dreaded 2% error.

Comment

Working...
                                X