Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing SuperSU via TWRP or APK puts the device on a boot loop... Is that normal? I'm trying to install a few required apps that need superuser permissions, and having no luck figuring out how to do it.

TWRP is included with the ROM, and I see system/xbin/su... But no idea how to grant permissions. Any ideas or help?

Comment

• ALVATECH
      ALVATECH commented
      Editing a comment
      I will PM you to get a little more information on what exactly you're trying to accomplish.
      Thank you,

Alvatech

ALVATECH as you already said, you will make an update for the B922 serie, as Beelink made an update this days also of their firmware.

You also informed, that you will not make yet a zip-file, only img file right? And you said, to keep all apps and configuration we could make with TWRP a backup only data and after the update of your new build then make restore of this data backup. So we don?t loose anything, yes?

And is it possible to flash then your new img-file with the TWTP which we have already installed? I would like to avoid to use USB Burning Tool, which was very, very tricky last time to connect with my laptop.

Comment

Originally posted by tombraga View Post
      ALVATECH as you already said, you will make an update for the B922 serie, as Beelink made an update this days also of their firmware.

You also informed, that you will not make yet a zip-file, only img file right? And you said, to keep all apps and configuration we could make with TWRP a backup only data and after the update of your new build then make restore of this data backup. So we don?t loose anything, yes?

And is it possible to flash then your new img-file with the TWTP which we have already installed? I would like to avoid to use USB Burning Tool, which was very, very tricky last time to connect with my laptop.
      Hello,
      You're correct about TWRP backup. Also no you can not install a ROM img through TWRP. This is the whole point of using an OTA zip file. If you're having trouble flashing with USB Burning Tool then I would suggest to try the SD-Card method.
      Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

Are you hitting start on the USB tool BEFORE plugging in the device? If you are trying to connect the device and hit start after, you will have issues.

f you see that the device keeps connecting and disconnecting, make sure you're performing the order of operations correctly. I had to re-read the instructions because it kept popping up as a device, then disappearing. If you hit start before plugging in power/usb simultaneously, updating with the tool will work quickly and without any issues.
        Last edited by TraxtarXKR; 09-05-2019, 18:33.

Comment

Originally posted by ALVATECH View Post

Hello,
          You're correct about TWRP backup. Also no you can not install a ROM img through TWRP. This is the whole point of using an OTA zip file. If you're having trouble flashing with USB Burning Tool then I would suggest to try the SD-Card method.
          Thank you,

Alvatech
          Do you think, that I can also use the data backup made with TWRP and your rom when i have the stock Beelink firmware installed?

Comment

• ALVATECH
            ALVATECH commented
            Editing a comment
            Not sure what you mean exactly. But to get my ROM installed it must be flashed completely first. The data backup is only for some of your settings you setup and apps for the most part. So if you're meaning installing Stock ROM then restore Data it will no longer have anything to do with my ROM, since data is only some settings and apps as I mentioned. If you can flash back stock ROM then there shouldn't be an issue flashing this ROM, since it gets done the same way.
            Thank you,

Alvatech

Originally posted by TraxtarXKR View Post

Are you hitting start on the USB tool BEFORE plugging in the device?
          Yes, thanks for your answer

Comment

I am on your build right now, ALVATECH and i wanted to update the firmware from Beelink and then (after making the backup again with new firmware) i will install again your rom.

So i restored with TWRP the firmware backup i had made before, everthing ok and i initiated the ota update with wifi connection and downloades 100%, all ok, then restarted to update the firmware.

But it goes to TWRP main menu and keep there,now updating automatically.

Before i instalalled your rom i the ota update which i made one time, worked perfectly, what can i do?

Comment

I am on your build right now, ALVATECH and i wanted to update the firmware from Beelink and then (after making the backup again with new firmware) i will install again your rom.

So i restored with TWRP the firmware backup i had made before, everthing ok and i initiated the ota update with wifi connection and downloades 100%, all ok, then restarted to update the firmware.

But it goes to TWRP main menu and keep there,now updating automatically.

Before i instalalled your rom i the ota update which i made one time, worked perfectly, what can i do?
              Honestly, this is kind of hard to understand. But if your box still has TWRP on it then you didn't update to Beelink's latest firmware properly or at all. If you're installing TWRP after, then this can cause an issue with Beelink's OTA. So I would say flash Beelinks latest version if you like then immediately install OTA if it's available. But if it's not on this ROM anymore it's out of my hands if it still doesn't work correctly. You'll need to get a hold of Beelink for help. Not sure what you're trying to accomplish. I'm starting to think you're trying to get OTA but want to keep TWRP, if so that can cause issues I can't help you there. Best thing to do is flash from scratch if you keep having problems.
              Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

Before i installed your rom, i had the TWRP only temporarely, not fixed installed. I always had to start the TWRP with official TWRP app.
                This might be the reason, that before ota update worked, because it restarted to normal firmware recovery...

I like your rom and i already returned and i will wait for your update. I am happy with your rom, my idea was only to keep my firmware backup updated with newest firmware. But i don?t need it really, because i will go on with your rom,

Thanks for all.

Comment

Before i installed your rom, i had the TWRP only temporarely, not fixed installed. I always had to start the TWRP with official TWRP app.
                  This might be the reason, that before ota update worked, because it restarted to normal firmware recovery...

I like your rom and i already returned and i will wait for your update. I am happy with your rom, my idea was only to keep my firmware backup updated with newest firmware. But i don?t need it really, because i will go on with your rom,

Thanks for all.
                  I seem to understand you a little better now. Yeah it's because you didn't have TWRP permanently installed the first time around this is why. You could always wait for them to release an actual ROM img file and keep it for safe keeping if you like, I'm sure they'll be release something again soon anyways.
                  Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

Originally posted by ALVATECH View Post

I seem to understand you a little better now. Yeah it's because you didn't have TWRP permanently installed the first time around this is why. You could always wait for them to release an actual ROM img file and keep it for safe keeping if you like, I'm sure they'll be release something again soon anyways.
                    Thank you,

Alvatech
                    So you think, there will come other update soon? The last update from Beelink was few days ago, i think this https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...976#post782976

And i thought you will make un update of your rom based on this last firmware. Or you will wait for other update which they will release again soon as you said?

Comment

So you think, there will come other update soon? The last update from Beelink was few days ago, i think this https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...976#post782976

And i thought you will make un update of your rom based on this last firmware. Or you will wait for other update which they will release again soon as you said?
                      Yes, I was thinking of releasing one based off of the latest OTA, which is the one you mentioned. But still busy with some other things at the moment. Doesn't seem like they've done any major changes. But everyone always wants the latest versions. So trying to get some time to get things going.
                      Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

A friend made today the firmware update and said, not many changings.

only the homescreen with dark background now and notification bar above disappeared - so nothing special

Comment

Hi ALVATECH , Thanks for your great works!! I am using a newly bought GT-King (S/N starts w/B922HQK) but it couldn't boot up successfully... I had once booted into the Android and see everything properly, but then it cannot boot into the home screen anymore - before I flash the ROM it keeps rebooting and showing Beelink's logo; after I USB-flash the ALVATECH (B922) ROM it stays showing the ALVATECH logo but never goes next (at least I have been waiting for 15 mins already...

Do you have any clue? I'm sure I didn't change any options about the ERASE ALL.

Thank you in advance~

Comment

Originally posted by andytplam View Post
                            Hi ALVATECH , Thanks for your great works!! I am using a newly bought GT-King (S/N starts w/B922HQK) but it couldn't boot up successfully... I had once booted into the Android and see everything properly, but then it cannot boot into the home screen anymore - before I flash the ROM it keeps rebooting and showing Beelink's logo; after I USB-flash the ALVATECH (B922) ROM it stays showing the ALVATECH logo but never goes next (at least I have been waiting for 15 mins already...

Do you have any clue? I'm sure I didn't change any options about the ERASE ALL.

Thank you in advance~
                            It sounds to me like you're saying this was acting this way from the start and even with the original ROM / OS, if so then I would think the box is defective. The only thing I could tell you is to keep trying to flash the box to see if you can get a successful working flash. I would try to flash with the stock ROM from Beelink. You can find it on their forum and just make sure it's made for your serial number. If you keep trying and can't get it going successfully then I would return it immediately since it's brand new.
                            Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

Working...
                            X