[ROM] Unofficial OpenELEC for MXIII-G & Tronsmart MXIII+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vn800art View Post

I can quote my old message, then! My WiFi chip is ap6335 but your ap6330 is much more used. My Ethernet is only fast (100). All is working. I do not even know if one of the last Wilro build works, also, because I am moving and all is packed from some time, yet! So your bet is 6.0.1A , .xz file extension is for Sdcard installation! Let us know. I understand your android fw is actually working on the box. Now the aml.autoscript should be switched with the newer one ( my quoted msg on page 16 if I am not wrong, is from time ago!).
    Edit:
    Do not quote my remarks about recovery, once you have aml.autoscript working, and you do not need to upgrade it, it doesn't flash a second time. This was clear to me afterwards!
    FYI, I managed to 'fix' the problem with the M8S by using the bootloader.img, logo.img from the M8S stock rom and an M8S TWRP recovery.img. I added the bootloader, logo and recovery.img files to the 6.0.3d MXIII-G OpenELEC version zip.

Installed TWRP first, then installed the zip via TWRP (to bypass zip file signature verification). The two boxes are very similar - same CPU, Wifi (I don't use Ethernet). I copied the remote.conf file from the stock rom to the .config folder in OpenELEC and the remote works as well.

Works an absolute treat!!!! Wifi works, playback is 100% smooth (just like on my MXIII-G). All four cores being utilized as on the MXIII-G, HDMI-CEC working..........

Comment

Howdy All,

Now that kodi 16.1 is out, I have done a new OE7 build (6.95.2b), & thus far it appears almost as solid as K15

​ I've been following kszaq 's effort with LibreELEC, & have done an MX3G build based on his 7.0.0.1 release as well

Both these builds are using kodi 16.1, the main difference is that kszaq 's LibreELEC build includes the new Amlogic CEC drivers, while my OE7 build uses my trusty older kernel that my OE6 builds uses

I don't have access to a CEC capable TV for testing at the moment (Both builds appear to work equally well on my old dumb LCD display

Cheers!

Comment

great, i'll try the new build tonight, last oe7 build is still pretty solid for me anyway!
        Many many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by wilro_6276 View Post
          Howdy All,

I've been following kszaq 's effort with LibreELEC, & have done an MX3G build based on his 7.0.0.1 release as well
          Does this mean you will be going over to LibreELEC? I have been using it on an x64 machine. I like it a lot and it looks likely to be updated much more often than OpenELEC. Thanks so much for all your great work.

Comment

I've tried "OpenELEC-MX3G.arm-6.95.2b.img" and found my MXIII-G box keeps powering off randomly, usually when I'm going through menus.(Connected with ethernet, wireless disabled).

LibreELEC-MX3G.arm-7.0.0.1.img
            - first boot, welcome screen, next (powers off)
            - remove ethernet, welcome wizard completes
            - disable wireless, reboot
            - system, add-ons, check for updates (powers off)
            Last edited by winny.uk; 04-30-2016, 18:04. Reason: added LibreElec results

Comment

I installed LibreELEC-MX3G.arm-7.0.0.1.img to an sd card yesterday as a dual boot. After several hours of configuring, scanning, watching and navigating the only glitch - and it is hardly worth mentioning - is that on a restart I get the welcome screen that tells me about the left side menu. Once I click OK or next (I forget which), the system continues as normal. I have a wired ethernet connection with no unauthorised add-ons.
              Thanks very much for making this available.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozman View Post

Does this mean you will be going over to LibreELEC? I have been using it on an x64 machine. I like it a lot and it looks likely to be updated much more often than OpenELEC. Thanks so much for all your great work.
                Hi Ozman,

I'm kinda leaning in that direction - kszaq puts a good case for moving to it, & as my builds borrow heavily from his efforts, It'll be easier for me to do likewise. That said, it's still early days & there really isn't that big a difference between the 2 systems (yet!

Originally posted by winny.uk
                I've tried "OpenELEC-MX3G.arm-6.95.2b.img" and found my MXIII-G box keeps powering off randomly, usually when I'm going through menus.(Connected with ethernet, wireless disabled).

LibreELEC-MX3G.arm-7.0.0.1.img
                - first boot, welcome screen, next (powers off)
                - remove ethernet, welcome wizard completes
                - disable wireless, reboot
                - system, add-ons, check for updates (powers off)
                Hi winny.uk,

That's really strange - I did a clean install of both system's today & tested them for about an hour each (Both wifi & Ethernet) & couldn't replicate this problem (My setup is listed in post #1) - The 6.95.2b build wifi is broken (will be fixed shortly!), but definitely no random poweroff/freeze issues here. The LE build has a lot more bleeding edge features, but 6.95.2b really only has a slightly newer kodi build over 6.95.2a...

Originally posted by Ozman
                I installed LibreELEC-MX3G.arm-7.0.0.1.img to an sd card yesterday as a dual boot. After several hours of configuring, scanning, watching and navigating the only glitch - and it is hardly worth mentioning - is that on a restart I get the welcome screen that tells me about the left side menu. Once I click OK or next (I forget which), the system continues as normal. I have a wired ethernet connection with no unauthorised add-ons.
                Hmmm.. Looks like a bug in kodi "first boot" not marking the initial setup as completed - I must admit I hate re-configuring from scratch, I "restored" a backup of my 6.95.2a install into LE for testing purposes

Comment

Howdy All,

OE 6.95.3 was released earlier today, new build for our marvelous little boxes (6.95.3a) has been uploaded - This build also fixes the wifi regression in my last build (oops!) - While the kodi version hasn't changed in this build, some of the addons have been updated, so hopefully we'll see some stability improvements for those using the addons subsystem

Cheers!

Comment

I'm extremely jealous of those with stable performance but at least it gives me some hope.

I've done some testing with 6.95.3a. Short version, still having problems with LAN.

Longer version: OpenELEC-MX3G.arm-6.95.3a.img
                    (connected via LAN, dhcp address)
                    - first boot, completed Wizard ok
                    - Programs, Openelec Config (powers off)
                    - powered on, Programs, Openelec Config, (powers off)
                    - powered on, Kodi splash screen (powers off)
                    (unplugged LAN cable)
                    - powered on, Kodi loads. (left on for 20 mins to confirm stability)
                    - Programs, Openelec Config, loads ok.
                    - disabled Wireless, left Wired active, left on Connections screen
                    (plugged in LAN cable, box powers off!)
                    (unplugged LAN to boot, OE Config, disabled LAN, box powers off)

I was hoping to change the LAN setting from dhcp to static but the box won't let me.
                    Are there any other methods of setting this (maybe via editing files via SMB or SSH?)
                    Are there any additional logs I can provide to support what's going on behind the scenes?

I've been using OpenELEC-MX3G.arm-7.0-devel-20160324215140, with a static ip for LAN, and it's been solid as a rock.
                    Last edited by winny.uk; 05-03-2016, 18:37. Reason: Added "stable" version details

Comment

Originally posted by winny.uk View Post
                      I'm extremely jealous of those with stable performance but at least it gives me some hope.

I've done some testing with 6.95.3a. Short version, still having problems with LAN.

Longer version: OpenELEC-MX3G.arm-6.95.3a.img
                      (connected via LAN, dhcp address)
                      - first boot, completed Wizard ok
                      - Programs, Openelec Config (powers off)
                      - powered on, Programs, Openelec Config, (powers off)
                      - powered on, Kodi splash screen (powers off)
                      (unplugged LAN cable)
                      - powered on, Kodi loads. (left on for 20 mins to confirm stability)
                      - Programs, Openelec Config, loads ok.
                      - disabled Wireless, left Wired active, left on Connections screen
                      (plugged in LAN cable, box powers off!)
                      (unplugged LAN to boot, OE Config, disabled LAN, box powers off)

I was hoping to change the LAN setting from dhcp to static but the box won't let me.
                      Are there any other methods of setting this (maybe via editing files via SMB or SSH?)
                      Are there any additional logs I can provide to support what's going on behind the scenes?

I've been using OpenELEC-MX3G.arm-7.0-devel-20160324215140, with a static ip for LAN, and it's been solid as a rock.
                      Hi winny.uk,

Thanks for the detailed testing - I had a look back at the 20160324215140 test build, & There has only been a minor fix related to the lan drivers (fixing the "changing mac address" problem - Which works in my case at least . I have done a quick test build that excludes this patch - could you give this a try http://5.189.137.29/Openelec/MX3G/te....95.3a1.img.xz

I'm concerned about the powering off issue (if it's unrelated to the mac address issue), as I have done considerable work on this to get power on/off behaving as expected (which certainly *is* dependant on the L106 bootloader - What version of Android was running on your box before you flashed my OE builds? I haven't touched the older Kitkat bootloader in a while now, as it almost certainly has conflicts with the newer builds - It may be worth trying the other bootloader on your box (links on post #1).

It is possible to manually configure network settings - Under "/storage/.cache/connman" - Not sure if it's accessible via a samba share (I ssh into these boxes & don't use/run samba - The config syntax for connman is pretty straight forward (I think it's documented on the OE wiki - Much like everything else, I haven't manually configured networking in ages (my wifi has a 26 letter password - PITA to enter on a remote, so I keep a backup of the ".cache" folder to minimise my need to do so

Comment

Hi Wilro. I'm sure I was on the L106 Android firmware before I started flashing OE. I usually see the Google TV boot screen if that's an indication of anything?
                        The toothpick menu shows:-
                        Android system recovery <3e>
                        KOT-49H.20150604 test keys

Thanks for the test build, I'll add the test details in the next post. Spoiler alert: still having issues )
                        Thanks for the info about the connman file. I'll try that approach instead of the gui for setting the LAN details.
                        The tip about the ".cache" folder is gold, thanks for that too.
                        The next step is to try wireless to prove whether the issue only affects LAN connections.

Comment

OpenELEC-MX3G.arm-6.95.3a1.img

1) connected via LAN, dhcp address
                          - first boot, left on OE Wizard. (box powers off after 5 seconds. Repeated same test three times)
                          (unplugged LAN cable)
                          - powered on, saw Jarvis splash screen but box powered off before getting to OE Wizard.
                          - tried multiple times, but box won't boot past the Jarvis splash screen with or without LAN cable present.

2) reformatted SD card to fat32, rewrote SD card image, started the testing again without LAN cable.
                          - powered on, completed OE Wizard
                          - Programs > OE Config > Network, disabled wireless (box powered off)
                          - powered on, booted ok and managed to disable wireless!
                          - rebooted and confirmed everything was stable.
                          - OE Config, enabled "wait for network to be present".
                          - left it on OE Config > Connections screen
                          (plugged LAN cable in, box powered off within seconds)
                          - powered on, booted ok. Left it on Kodi menu for 10 minutes.
                          - OE Config > Network. Tried to set static ipv4 address, changed dhcp to static (box powered off)
                          - powered on, back to Programs (box powered off before I could select OE Config)
                          (unplugged LAN cable, box won't boot past Jarvis splash screen again - probably due to being made to wait for a half-arsed static network config!)

Comment

I'm currently running your libreelec on as scard through dual boot. I am happy with the stability and want to install it to the NAND. How do I do that???

Comment

Originally posted by Bigredfan View Post
                              I'm currently running your libreelec on as scard through dual boot. I am happy with the stability and want to install it to the NAND. How do I do that???
                              Read post #2

Comment

Originally posted by Ozman View Post

Read post #2
                                Also, find the zip file for libreelec 7.0.0.1 here:-

Comment

Working...
                                X