Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO W TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by chmurson View Post
    Hi, after tying flash nexus rom I bricked my device (black screen)


    Attempts to load img through the USB_Buring_Tool are unsuccessful (error of 7% progress)
    I tried to flash with a tight reset pins, or without ... Unsuccessfully - there was always an error in the same place.


    Some ideas how to fix it??


    [00:49:19 195][HUB2-2][Inf]-------------ERASE FLASH-----------
    [00:49:19 195][HUB2-2][Inf]--disk_initial 0
    [00:49:19 195][HUB2-2][Inf]--Send command success
    [00:49:19 418][HUB2-2][Err]--failed:[00:49:19 418][HUB2-2][Err]--Check command return failed
    [00:49:19 418][HUB2-2][Err]--[0x30201004]UBOOT/Disk initialize/Send command/Error result
    [00:49:19 418][HUB2-2][Inf]--Close device handle 0x000005c4
    What is your device? Is the model coming to Andoid TV and has 2.4G in the name? If so, just have a solution, go back alduns post will read. I think it starts on page 16, the procedure involves installing the Mecool M8S Plus W firmware by launching the Flash tool on the PC.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Novato View Post

      What is your device? Is the model coming to Andoid TV and has 2.4G in the name? If so, just have a solution, go back alduns post will read. I think it starts on page 16, the procedure involves installing the Mecool M8S Plus W firmware by launching the Flash tool on the PC.
      On the cover of the device is inscription: M8S Pro W

      The motherboard has a sticker: M8S PRO W 2G 16G DDR3 DV and BB-ROC180903PW 2G+16G

      The firmware was originally somehow from July or August 2018..

      A similar problem I see in # 310 and #311 has been resolved. Tomorrow I will try to do it because today is already 2:30 AM and at 6AM I have to go to work
      Last edited by chmurson; 11-27-2018, 16:26.

      Comment


        Originally posted by chmurson View Post

        On the cover of the device is inscription: M8S Pro W

        The motherboard has a sticker: M8S PRO W 2G 16G DDR3 DV and BB-ROC180903PW 2G+16G

        The firmware was originally somehow from July or August 2018..

        A similar problem I see in # 310 and #311 has been resolved. Tomorrow I will try to do it because today is already 2:30 AM and at 6AM I have to go to work
        ​​​​​​
        Good luck bro, it can not get any worse. I have a Mecool M8S Pro (S912) several months with this same problem. I even gave up on him for now, I'll have to buy a 30-inch Ugreen 2.0 cable to try to retrieve this box.

        Comment


          Hi, I have bought Mecool M8S PRO W from geekbuying, without preinstalled android tv and without voice control. How can I make sure that my version of this device is good for installing this ROM and won't brick it?

          Comment


            Originally posted by krawo View Post
            Hi, I have bought Mecool M8S PRO W from geekbuying, without preinstalled android tv and without voice control. How can I make sure that my version of this device is good for installing this ROM and won't brick it?
            Just doing the test. I bought it once for Tomtop this same truth as you, it must already be about 5 months. I installed Android TV and everything worked. It's working until today with the client.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Novato View Post

              Just doing the test. I bought it once for Tomtop this same truth as you, it must already be about 5 months. I installed Android TV and everything worked. It's working until today with the client.
              What test?

              Comment


                Installing the firmware.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by krawo View Post
                  Hi, I have bought Mecool M8S PRO W from geekbuying, without preinstalled android tv and without voice control. How can I make sure that my version of this device is good for installing this ROM and won't brick it?
                  I bought same device in geekbuying.
                  Now i have sucesfull unbirck via M8S_PLUS_W 20180622.img and my device is now M8S PLUS W !!! ;(

                  But This rom has awful launcher (it does not look like an androidtv - nexus).

                  Click image for larger version  Name:	20181128_173632.jpg Views:	1 Size:	84.3 KB ID:	752934

                  When i tru install M8S_PRO_W-ota-20171017.112143.V0619.zip
                  i have this error (wrong device!!!)


                  Click image for larger version

Name:	20181128_180824.jpg
Views:	629
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	752939



                  When i try install OTA update M8S_PRO_W-ota-20180126.191102.V0928.zip i have this error:

                  Click image for larger version  Name:	20181128_174314.jpg Views:	1 Size:	99.7 KB ID:	752935
                  Last edited by chmurson; 11-28-2018, 08:09.

                  Comment


                    Your device is now an M8S Plus W, all you have to do is roll back. I was able to convert my M8S Plus W into M8S Pro W. Try this.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Novato View Post
                      Your device is now an M8S Plus W, all you have to do is roll back. I was able to convert my M8S Plus W into M8S Pro W. Try this.
                      You make me day....
                      Everything works fine and I have pure nexus rom on my china cheap box

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by chmurson View Post

                        You make me day....
                        Everything works fine and I have pure nexus rom on my china cheap box
                        Great! If it was helpful please consider leaving a comment there explaining how the procedure was.

                        Comment


                          My unbrick procedure (m8s pro w) - black screen, only red led.

                          We need male-male usb cable, I was made from two generally available microusb cables.
                          Just cut them in half and connect wires one-to-one (red-red, black-black, green-green, blue-blue)

                          1. Run the USB_Burning_Tool program
                          2. Connect the power supply to box and USB cable to port closer to the power plug (only this port working as modem)
                          3. The program should detect the device, and You can proceed to upload img.

                          The matching firmware is M8S_PLUS_W 20180622.img, others stopped at 7% with an error

                          4. After uploading the firmware, resetting the device, the first start takes a few minutes.
                          My M8S PRO W has changed to PLUS W ;( and install some wird software (but finally work!!!!)

                          5, To fix this you need to follow the guide:
                          https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/s905/others-ac/firmware-roms-tools-bj/752605-rom-oem-mecool-m8s- plus-in-android-tv-to-videostrong

                          After flashed, the first start takes a few minutes. TADA!
                          We enjoy pure androidtv (not some Chinese junk soft)

                          Comment


                            hi Magendanz is that possible if i flash it to mecool m8s plus DVB ?

                            Specs:
                            ● CPU: Amlogic S905D Quad Core 64-bit Cortex-A53
                            ● GPU: Penta Mali-450
                            ● OS: Android 7.1
                            ● Storage: 1GB DDR3 RAM + 8GB ROM
                            ● 2.4G WiFi
                            ● Support 4K, H.265

                            regards
                            Last edited by ghaliharisma; 11-29-2018, 06:26.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by ghaliharisma View Post
                              hi Magendanz is that possible if i flash it to mecool m8s plus DVB ?

                              Specs:
                              ● CPU: Amlogic S905D Quad Core 64-bit Cortex-A53
                              ● GPU: Penta Mali-450
                              ● OS: Android 7.1
                              ● Storage: 1GB DDR3 RAM + 8GB ROM
                              ● 2.4G WiFi
                              ● Support 4K, H.265

                              regards
                              No, never flash this firmware on your device.

                              Comment


                              • Magendanz
                                Magendanz commented
                                Editing a comment
                                I agree. This ROM is not for your device.

                              Originally posted by Novato View Post

                              No, never flash this firmware on your device.
                              is any ROM compatible with my device ? because the stock ROM so slow and annoying

                              thanks for answer Novato

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X