Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S905X Android 8.0 Oreo (Tested on Mini M8S II. Possibile to work on other GXL/S905X boxes. Testing needed! "WIP")

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone having any luck changing wifi coders in this ? i try,d the newest CustomizationTool it will not let me open img

Comment

Originally posted by 01520717 View Post
      I was working on another project when I realized why this isn't loading on my Android box.

In the boot log, I noticed I have one of those boxes that was sold as having 2GB RAM but only one rank is recognized so only 1GB is usable. I edited Lewy's DTB for 1GB of RAM and now it runs fine on my box.

If Lewy's image won't boot on your box, use the Customization tool to unpack the first level then replace the _aml_dtb.PARTITION with the one attached here and repack the image. Then it should run on your box. I even took Lewy's update and it applied fine, i.e. it didn't change the DTB.
      Hi what version of custom tool are you using, mine wont unpack properly to access DTB.

Comment

Thank you very much for this rom! I've been using my Mini M8S+ (a clone of the Mini M8S II) steadily for almost 2 years now and i'm very happy with it, even happier now that it supports Oreo.
        Some bugs I found:
        -Enter key on physical keyboard not working properly (when searching apps on Google Play or using address bar on browser)
        -Can't drag & drop apps from home screen.
        -strange mouse behavior in settings, selecting a different item than the one pressed.

Is there a way to prevent the box from sleeping when i turn off the TV? i tried disabling CEC but it didn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by scottmu64 View Post

Hi what version of custom tool are you using, mine wont unpack properly to access DTB.
          I'm using the 2.0.8 version of the customization tool. I just unpack the first level.

Comment

hi
            Also i changed the default UI resolution to 720p for performance.
            If you wish to have UI in 1080p you need to change /vendor/mesondisplay.cfg and also /system/build.prop lcd.density to 240. Later will add switch to change ui resolution in the firmware. And also ota updates.
            any progress?
            but as i know editing build.prop and mesondisplay.cfg is not enough, dtb.img should be changed also.

Comment

From what i remember it was enough with oreo. As to progress still waiting for some one to share 8.1 sdk
              Everything is possible if we work together!
              ApkFreak

Comment

Originally posted by 01520717 View Post

I'm using the 2.0.8 version of the customization tool. I just unpack the first level.
                Hi - Yeah it will unpack the first level but then it wont display anything once unpacked

Comment

Hi lewy20041
                  I installed your ROM on my Q-BOX 4K (2GB_16GB) and it's working fine. Except now I can't multiboot. I have tried using libreelec as per your instructions but it doesn't work.
                  I am also unable to flash firmwares by creating boot card using BurnCardMaker + AV button (which is what I used to flash your ROM). Any advice to restore my original ROM?

Comment

You need kernel.img and dtb in the root directory of your sdcard or pendrive
                    ApkFreak

Comment

Originally posted by lewy20041 View Post
                      You need kernel.img and dtb in the root directory of your sdcard or pendrive
                      I did this. It just come to the boot logo and freezes there. This wasn't happening before I flashed your ROM.

Is there anyway to flash .img from within android?

Comment

Than its reading the kernel and dtb properly. Remember that oreo andnugat and marsh mallow all use difreant dtb for difrean kernel. Libreelec use nugat kernel so if you want to boot it you need nugat dtb for your unit. You can also use twrp using twrp renamed to kernel.img and dtb.img just make sure its correct dtb for the kernel.
                        ApkFreak

Comment

Originally posted by lewy20041 View Post
                          Than its reading the kernel and dtb properly. Remember that oreo andnugat and marsh mallow all use difreant dtb for difrean kernel. Libreelec use nugat kernel so if you want to boot it you need nugat dtb for your unit. You can also use twrp using twrp renamed to kernel.img and dtb.img just make sure its correct dtb for the kernel.
                          Where can I find the various dtb files?

Comment

Just look online or get it from any nougat rom for your unit. Also there should be repo with dtb on libreelec forum
                            ApkFreak

Comment

Hi, could I flash this to my "thl box 1pro" tv box ?
                              box specs:
                              S905X
                              Wifi: RTL8189
                              Ram: 2GB
                              current android: 6.0
                              ​​​​​​

Thanks

Comment

Thank you great job
                                Just installed it on a 905x mini m8s pro, T95N it is working ok
                                bugs:
                                Bluetooth has stopped message and Bluetooth not working.

I need to get the control working again
                                and have a remote.conf backup. can you help me to do it?

Just need to know where to palce the file
                                I was try on /etc folder but doesn't work

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                                X