Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mod for Tanix TX5 Pro MiniM8SII and Nexbox A95X COOLEME MB1 X9 Frankenstein Firmware WIP

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm downloading it now all 846mb

Comment

I just noticed internal storage says 547mb used out of 11.5GB not 16GB. Is this because the system used the rest? And total memory says 1.7gb not 2gb. download says about 10 more minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by tuff350 View Post
        I just noticed internal storage says 547mb used out of 11.5GB not 16GB. Is this because the system used the rest? And total memory says 1.7gb not 2gb. download says about 10 more minutes.
        Yea all the rest of the partitions take the remaining space. Memory i don't know why
        Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

ok I flashed "A5FullSwap" and now the box won't boot. I see the Nexbox logo till it crashes into recovery. Now what? try the other?

Comment

ok I just flashed "A5SwapDTB" and it is stuck on the Amlogic S905X boot screen. Even worse than the other one. It just stays there.

Comment

Nexbox hasn't released the firmware for my box yet, and I don't have a recovery for it so until Nexbox releases it, or you update yours, I'm going to use yours AS IS, unless you have a suggestion for me or something else that you want me to try.

http://www.inexbox.com/download-andr...x-coming-soon/

I'm a noob but I'd be happy to test anything that you feel like walking me through.=Tell me how and I'll test for you. It would be awesome if I could be of assistance in this project !
              Last edited by tuff350; 08-22-2016, 10:42.

Comment

Originally posted by matrix777 View Post
                my coment earlier i left room for error in my spelling but just makes question still the same why cant the OS andriod 5.0 from Mini M8 S905 be flashed onto the andriod 6.0 Mini M8 II S905X since the other mentioned model is already rooted
                Because they are two entirely different SOC's and each ROM is specific to a set of hardware on a device.

To attempt to port a ROM from one device to another would take a great amount of work by a developer.

Sadly it's not a simple a job as it might be with something such as Windows.
                R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

just for info tried this image with the Tanix TX5 Pro. When using passthrough on Kodi, and fast-forwarding the video, sound goes crazy when normal playback is resumed. cured the "kodi has unfortunately stopped" messages though

great work to all involved

Comment

Originally posted by zickler View Post
                    just for info tried this image with the Tanix TX5 Pro. When using passthrough on Kodi, and fast-forwarding the video, sound goes crazy when normal playback is resumed. cured the "kodi has unfortunately stopped" messages though

great work to all involved
                    Thank you for the feedback. I am not sure i can do anything about this but will test to see if a workaround will work...Maybe use kodi from the play store. This is a custom Kodi. Maybe SPMC. Maybe try seeking instead of fast forward. Maybe try different acceleration. There are a bunch of different flavors of Kodi out there....maybe even ftmc.
                    Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

not such a big deal for me but just thought i'd let you know. also don't know if it's something which can be fixed but the rom is a bit too dark. infact, kodi splash screen on other boxes shows the honeycomb design in the background but on the TX5 it's so dark that only the kodi logo shows. thanks again for your hard work. now am waiting maybe someone will fix the EM95X firmware!

Comment

Originally posted by tuff350 View Post
                        Nexbox hasn't released the firmware for my box yet, and I don't have a recovery for it so until Nexbox releases it, or you update yours, I'm going to use yours AS IS, unless you have a suggestion for me or something else that you want me to try.

http://www.inexbox.com/download-andr...x-coming-soon/

I'm a noob but I'd be happy to test anything that you feel like walking me through.=Tell me how and I'll test for you. It would be awesome if I could be of assistance in this project !
                        Stock A5 will work on your box. You just wont have root.

Comment

I can confirm tuff350's findings. Neither modified rom boots on my a95x

Comment

Originally posted by meatheadmike View Post
                            I can confirm tuff350's findings. Neither modified rom boots on my a95x
                            I have to figure out why stock A5 is such a pain to take apart. Something seems non standard about it.

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister View Post
                              NexBox A5 test...2 img...2 methods of modding.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/70...9a5/A5Test.zip
                              Hi prahjister, so I try your 2 Rom but no luck. I flash both with USB burning tool v2.0.7.2build2 with all the default settting other than temp (Erase flash:normal, erase bootloader: on and max temps to 50 otherwise it abort before finishing for overheating)
                              Both flash were successful.

-With "A5FullSwap" after rebooting the devise it's just keep going into recovery mode...

-With "A5SwapDTB" after rebooting the devise it's just showing the amlogic S905x logo and it's been there for 4hours now...

If you have other thing you want me to test I be glad to assist. If you think I did something wrong just point me in the right direction and I give it an other try.

Note: Things to know for flashing the NEXBOX A5 (at least mine) using the USB tool
                              -ONLY work with the usb port at the back of the device
                              -can't have other usb device plug in
                              -no hdmi plug in
                              -easier to just plug the usb cable, no need for power cable

Comment

By the way mine is A5 2G/16 2.4G/5G Dual Band

Comment

Working...
                                X