Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO+ TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by essir View Post
    dear friends, i recived second box, android is the same like in the first, 29 08 17. I can not connect box via usb 2,0, i dont know why.... i try with reset button and without.. on 3 diffrent computers i try too, win 7 32 and 64 bit...with power suplly and without....i try with usb burn tool version 2.05-2.09 the same situation all the time.. what i am do wrong?
    essir Which step are you stuck at? Getting your computer to recognize the Box?

Comment

Originally posted by ready View Post
      Hello,
      I want to dump 20170829.121614.V0321 for Magendanz.

I run dump_partitions.bat from this tool: http://freaktab.org/35e8f91f3b91af60, but I go the error - see attached screen.

Could you please help me? Maybe there is another way to do it.
      Edit/Removed: Better not give an opinion of something I dont know

Comment

Hello,

I installed the Amlogic usb Burning driver but the software cannot find the device - please see attached screen.
        What should I do to solve it? I want to dump 20170829.121614.V0321 for Magendanz.
        Attached Files

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm not familiar with that tool, and it may not be compatible with this device. Try this instead: http://freaktab.org/35e8f91f3b91af60

(It's pretty simple, but I've confirmed that it works on the M8S Pro+.)

Originally posted by ready View Post
        Hello,

I installed the Amlogic usb Burning driver but the software cannot find the device - please see attached screen.
        What should I do to solve it? I want to dump 20170829.121614.V0321 for Magendanz.
        Just be sure holding reset button pressed while you are plugging usb cable. If button is not pressed position, your computer does not recognise the device.

Comment

Originally posted by mabocoglu View Post

Just be sure holding reset button pressed while you are plugging usb cable. If button is not pressed position, your computer does not recognise the device.
          this options does not change nothing.. driver is instaled but pc dont recognize tv box.. I am try all posible options... and this program Amlogic USB Update v0.8.1 is not work...

what is funny, that bricked box, the same... i can catch him and run usb burn program

Comment

Magendanz,

I just received mine with 20170829.121614.V0321 firmware, here's the link to the firmware duump https://mega.nz/#!ULI20bQK!BB_knxnfh...RgTFsl6qnpA6rI

Comment

Originally posted by anthony96 View Post
            Magendanz,

I just received mine with 20170829.121614.V0321 firmware, here's the link to the firmware duump https://mega.nz/#!ULI20bQK!BB_knxnfh...RgTFsl6qnpA6rI
            nice. Does the box work normally when you use it now?

Btw, if anyone can point me to how you pack it together as one img file to burn back to the box? I want to try burn back this to the box and see if it hangs.

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              It's actually not a simple thing to prepare the raw partition dumps. You've got to convert the system partition to a sparse image, trim the boot images (boot & recovery) by unpacking and then repacking with abootimg, unpack and repack the device tree blobs with dtbSplit and dtbTool, and then manually trim the bootloader in a hex editor. After you're done, you'll need the last burn package for the uboot binaries, then use Amlogic's Customization Tool to unpack Level1 and repack.

..lol..so in a nut shell, we will wait for you Guest

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              See comment above.

Wow ! Super quick - Just about to start the stopwatch and Megendanz has already created it and posted it (plus all the other things)
            Legend

Comment

Originally posted by P.X View Post
              Hi,

Hardware (component) change between my first and second boxes ...

BB-ROC170703PS - July Version : Chips marked ..
              EMMC : SAMSUNG 646 . KLMAG2WEPD-B031 . S4ZN1010 (EOL 3bit MLC - Data Sheet)
              Memory Chips (?) : C71V217400

BB-ROC170811PS - August Version : Chips marked ..
              EMMC : SEC 701 . KLMAG1JENB . B041 . S558Z034 (Current 2bit MLC - Data Sheet)
              Memory Chips (?) : D / G

Pete.
              Interestingly the July Samsung eMMC Flash is v5.0 and the August eMMC is v5.1 for slightly better performance:
              Samsung announces faster eMMC 5.1 flash memory chips

Comment

Great!! I am downloading now, fingers crossed yet again.

Comment

Hi. I have just received this box (M8S Pro+ 2g/16gb) from Banggood with a build 20170815.182813.v0321

I have read this forum, and couldnt see any reference to this particular build, and whether it is experiencing the same issues as the 20170829.

Has anyone successfully got TVStock running on this build, or should I be pulling it apart to have a look at the chips first?

Comment

Originally posted by Sossy View Post
                    Hi. I have just received this box from Banggood with a build 20170815.182813.v0321

I have read this forum, and couldnt see any reference to this particular build, and whether it is experiencing the same issues as the 20170829.

Has anyone successfully got TVStock running on this model, or should I be pulling it apart to have a look at the chips first?
                    You're good to load the ATV rom that Magedanz made.

Comment

Originally posted by anthony96 View Post
                      Magendanz,

@Magendanz
                      Are you able now to preapare the ATV for 20170829.121614.V0321?

Comment

Guest commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I don't really see much of a point in doing that, given that I've already made the ATV for 20170919.150557.V0619 and it fixes a lot of longstanding issues. It might be the last OEM firmware that can have TWRP recovery installed, but I wonder how many actually use that.

I receive my order from.banggood. As this was my second box and the firmware 20170715. I just immediately flashed the atv rom. After about 30 mins playing around with the stock rom.

Anyway I had issues as the box was sluggish. And Netflix just kept on buffering..

I discovered embarrassingly late that I actually had a 1/8 gig device..

Based on what I experienced this was what other people were describing as a problem. But I would not know.if they also were using the atv rom..for the 1 gig ram model.

Would the nano rom.version be better for the 1 gb ram mecool?

Sent from my E6633 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X