Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO+ TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by legnosecco View Post
    My M8S+ PRO has .....SEC649 B041 - KLMAG1JENB S54T3MGMS - build 20170815.182813.V0321

Based on @ kodiwpigulce_pl who reported success installing the latest ATV 20171001, I decided to to give it a go.

I placed the ATV zip file on a USB stick and then installed it via the OTA app and selecting "Wipe Data" option

It installed the update first...then rebooted with the NEXUS logo...and after a few minutes was all done...all thanks to @Magendanz

So, it looks like the above chipset maybe good to go with ATV.

EDIT:
    I have been playing around with ATV for a couple of hours...first impression not very user friendly.
    Is there a way to disable the mic icon as I don't have one to use "speech"
    How do you add/remove apps from the Apps line on the Home screen?
    I don't like the Youtube app 2.01.4 (system installed) and I can't uninstall it...I much prefer the nicer looking older Youtube app 1.3.8 where I can select video quality as well...but it won't let me install it !!
    On the plus side, I have switched on/off several times and the ATV seems fairly stable.
    In playstore use TV app repo to add sideloaded apps to apps line.
    long press app on app line to get delete option. Google's apps must remain.

Comment

Originally posted by grimmie View Post
      I believe PayPal will resolve it since geekbuying didn’t respond to you and u already dispute with PayPal.
      Have you ever personally actually filed a dispute with PayPal?
      It is NOT as direct as you seem to imply. They try to create an arbitration type of process, but it's not like they instantly refund your money (unless you simply have not received the item - which is clearly not the case here)

Comment

Originally posted by sweetnonso View Post

Please how do you mean rename it?
        Yes, as kml says, just change the downloaded zip file name to update. Do not unzip the file. Just transfer it to SD card, insert in box and select local file in factory update. Also select wipe data.

Comment

Here is the info on my recent purchase
          Purchased from GearBest late September arrived this week

MeCool M8S pro +
          Kernel Version 3.14.29
          Tuesday Aug 15 18:31.44 CST 2017

Build
          M8S Pro + userdebug 7.1.1 NMF26Q

2017 0815.182813.V0321

OTA
          Model M8S Pro +
          OTA 90633006

Has Module Samsung KLMAG1JENB SEC 713

Did not know about bad memory till after I tried to do a OEM update, it is currently bricked

Ticket applied for via GearBest...Says RMD is in process Click image for larger version

Name:	KLMAG1JENB - Copy1.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	677839

Anyone have any luck with GearBest and acknowledgement of this bad lot of memory on the M8Spro + ?

Thanks

Comment

Hi all, have you tried using Mygica's T230c DVB-T TV Tunners for this ROM ? May be with another boxes ?

This is the one i am trying to use: https://es.aliexpress.com/store/prod...883597971.html

Comment

Originally posted by DEcosse View Post
              Have you ever personally actually filed a dispute with PayPal?
              It is NOT as direct as you seem to imply. They try to create an arbitration type of process, but it's not like they instantly refund your money (unless you simply have not received the item - which is clearly not the case here)
              Looks like Mr grimmie has answer for everything. He tried everything and he knows everything.
              grimmie, show me where I have said that different return policy applies. I will ask you the same question as DEcosse. Have you actually tried to sort it with 3rd party or you have just read that same policy applies?

Comment

Originally posted by givecredit View Post

Yes, as kml says, just change the downloaded zip file name to update. Do not unzip the file. Just transfer it to SD card, insert in box and select local file in factory update. Also select wipe data.
                Many thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Kazan View Post

Looks like Mr grimmie has answer for everything. He tried everything and he knows everything.
                  grimmie, show me where I have said that different return policy applies. I will ask you the same question as DEcosse. Have you actually tried to sort it with 3rd party or you have just read that same policy applies?
                  It will take about two weeks, report it as faulty, and then you will have to ship it back, then you get refunded. Sometime PayPal has a free return postage offer.

Comment

Originally posted by steel120 View Post
                    Here is the info on my recent purchase
                    Purchased from GearBest late September arrived this week

MeCool M8S pro +
                    Kernel Version 3.14.29
                    Tuesday Aug 15 18:31.44 CST 2017

Build
                    M8S Pro + userdebug 7.1.1 NMF26Q

2017 0815.182813.V0321

OTA
                    Model M8S Pro +
                    OTA 90633006

Has Module Samsung KLMAG1JENB SEC 713

Did not know about bad memory till after I tried to do a OEM update, it is currently bricked

Ticket applied for via GearBest...Says RMD is in process Click image for larger version

Name:	KLMAG1JENB - Copy1.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	677839

Anyone have any luck with GearBest and acknowledgement of this bad lot of memory on the M8Spro + ?

Thanks

Where is the OEM update? I have same chip and build and the inbuilt OTA has nothing available.. I personally don't see how ppl are ok with returning as faulty after they have tried to flash some firmware they found off some forum...that's the risk YOU take. The box is completely stable in stock form, its no wonder they remove reset button....

Comment

Originally posted by skully View Post
                      Where is the OEM update? I have same chip and build and the inbuilt OTA has nothing available.. I personally don't see how ppl are ok with returning as faulty after they have tried to flash some firmware they found off some forum...that's the risk YOU take. The box is completely stable in stock form, its no wonder they remove reset button....
                      So how are users going to do a bug fixing Firmware update ?

Geekbuying themselves are even supplying OEM Firmware in one of their official blogs. And that killed various users M8S Pro+ boxes as well.

http://blog.geekbuying.com/2017/09/m...date-20170927/

If a simple OEM Firmware Flash is going to brick various boxes why even include an official Update App with any Android box in the first place. ?

The Reset button is not the root cause of the problem. Most boxes with OTA firmware update - Frozen / Bricking issues seem to come packaged with a Samsung 5.1 eMMC KLMAG1JENB B041 chip.

It now remains to be seen if Freaktab advertisers like Geekbuying and Gearbest will honor refunds and replacements in an easy manner for their customers now we have a well documented Android hardware problem.

That is the true test of any companies after sales customer support.

Comment

• scooter2014
                        scooter2014 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Ok Time to stop this and end it.... Geerbest Geekbuying have policies clear. It was delivered and working you paid for it. Now you have to follow the rules to return it. Its that simple.

On and on you go regarding geek/gearbest not accepting and providing free replacement NO QUESTIONS ASKED. two users posts in return thread.

You have PROOF. PLEASE SHARE THIS PROOF WITH EVERYONE... .

Just like anyother box if its defective you return it they send new one if bad. Wish my car part supplier would just send me another part when i claimed it was defective

Seems Ive seen a few posts already re returns so is your box defective as I may have missed your concerns in gear or geeks thread?? I now have the chipset and one within that post of Trebors and wierd it updated no issue so i tried again. I flashed again nope no brick. Not saying those that did brick did it wrong but suppliers has all the rules posted. Some are easier then others to get returns.

Wish you luck trying to change thier policies.

Originally posted by tantrums View Post

Hi, where is the new TWRP recovery (img or zip) located? The link to the OP is not for M8s pro+

1 comment
                      Hi Megandanz, the new TWRP did not work for me. I flashed but it hangs / stays blank if I boot to recovery. Luckily I was able to flash back your old TWRP (via Terminal flash command).

I currently have the 0815 stock ROM with SEC 713 chip.

Thanks.
                      Last edited by tantrums; 10-14-2017, 02:57.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                        On and on you go regarding geek/gearbest not accepting and providing free replacement NO QUESTIONS ASKED. two users posts in return thread.
                        Where in the following sentence have I said geek/gearbest have REFUSED to provide ANYTHING at all NO QUESTIONS ASKED.
                        Please I would really really like to know ?

It now remains to be seen if Freaktab advertisers like Geekbuying and Gearbest will honor refunds and replacements in an easy manner for their customers now we have a well documented Android hardware problem.
                        ​​​​​​Please stop reading between the lines everytime I post something and turning everything into some sort of personal attack on you or Freaktab advertisers.
                        Users surely must still be able to have an opinion about customer service no matter who the seller is ?

Maybe you should ban me for voicing such a speculative opinion, then you can also go about Crucifying this guy as well for talking about Geekbuying....

Originally posted by Tieri
                        Also, I am going to follow closely, how Geekbuying is going to handle this issue. As I am convinced that this is not user error. There is something different, hardware wise, with these effected boxes and Geekbuying as a supplier should hold their end of the deal. Even if it is the case that they have been sold, without their knowledge, a batch of fake/bad/defected HW, they still are responsible to their customers. If this would happen to a western company, that still values its PR and customers. They would issue a recall of the effected boxes and refund/replace them to the customers. Will Geekbuying do so? I do hope so, but I am not holding my breath...
                        Honestly, half the time I have no idea what you are on about.
                        Please chill out a bit and have a Beer or three

Comment

• trebor
                          trebor commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Just settle, let it happen...
                          Chill out a bit yourself.

The Point has been made, many times over and over
                          The problem if any has been mentioned over and over
                          It's been dealt with how people deal with it is there own choice.

Move on
                          Sounding off like you have two heads will not help at all.

• scooter2014
                          scooter2014 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          As i say some do wrong and flash nan and cant get back to L1 and say defective.

Clearly Flashed Nan to another back mid september now demands refund. As I said be clear. If a problem with device. Then should be checked. I get three back from friends saying same. But all now working via pin short on this end see some user error. So as Trebor say. Deal with as they see fit. But I am thinking your device fine you just want to be seen.

Hey Guys, today I received my replacement box. I'm running it at the moment with the stock firmware and libreelec on a sd card. Is there a opportunity to install any of this roms on a sd card to test whether it is working or not? I bricket my last box by installing the OTA update and wasnt able to bring it back to life

Comment

Yes is run from sd card. Some devices actualky run faster on it forget where thread is but its in the amilogic section someplace.
                          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

how do i go back to stock from this ROM ?

Comment

• scooter2014
                              scooter2014 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I think post in first 5 pages has there.
                          Working...
                          X