Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO+ TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djpcrackteam View Post
    Hi,

Anyone have in zip update 20170829.121614.V0321. I want install that version, ota
    Try here, this is link which @Magendanz provided few pages ago...

i found older versions there,

Comment

Originally posted by kodiwpigulce_pl View Post
      Thank you for replying.
      It looks like we have the same box ( build 20170815.182813.V0321 - SEC649 B041 KLMAG1JENB S54T3MGMS)

You said you installed latest ATV (20171001)... is it running stable for you? Have you come across any issues?
      I would like to use it mainly for Youtube and Kodi.

Comment

Originally posted by legnosecco View Post

Thank you for replying.
        It looks like we have the same box ( build 20170815.182813.V0321 - SEC649 B041 KLMAG1JENB S54T3MGMS)

You said you installed latest ATV (20171001)... is it running stable for you? Have you come across any issues?
        I would like to use it mainly for Youtube and Kodi.
        Is there any way to check the chip without opening the box?

Comment

Originally posted by numus View Post

Is there any way to check the chip without opening the box?
          No.
          You need to remove the 4 rubber feet on underside of box...and then remove the 4 tiny screws and the cover lifts off...it's not difficult.

Comment

Guest I have a box from a bad batch with the 5.1 emmc, I just runned LE the first days scared that flashing your ROM could break the box, after seeing the guy that short the pins I just tried you ROM using the OTA method, everything went smoothly and I have it working now, am i good to flash it by USB Burning Tool ?

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              If the OTA update worked fine, then USB Burning Tool should too. Just stick to the default settings, though.

Originally posted by legnosecco View Post

No.
            You need to remove the 4 rubber feet on underside of box...and then remove the 4 tiny screws and the cover lifts off...it's not difficult.
            Yup I have the damn B041 713.... I just bought this thing for 50 bucks on amazon

It shipped with 20170815.182813.V0321

I tried to use the updater and it doesnt see any updates to the firmware.

Is it even safe to flash the 20170918? I checked the updater on the device and it says no firmware found.

Comment

Yup I have the damn B041 713.... I just bought this thing for 50 bucks on amazon

Is it even safe to flash the 20170918? I checked the updater on the device and it says no firmware found.
              That sucks, the new boxes have a different eMMC module, not sure what advice I can offer. That must have come from older stock.
              MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

My M8S+ PRO has .....SEC649 B041 - KLMAG1JENB S54T3MGMS - build 20170815.182813.V0321

Based on @ kodiwpigulce_pl who reported success installing the latest ATV 20171001, I decided to to give it a go.

I placed the ATV zip file on a USB stick and then installed it via the OTA app and selecting "Wipe Data" option

It installed the update first...then rebooted with the NEXUS logo...and after a few minutes was all done...all thanks to @Magendanz

So, it looks like the above chipset maybe good to go with ATV.

EDIT:
                I have been playing around with ATV for a couple of hours...first impression not very user friendly.
                Is there a way to disable the mic icon as I don't have one to use "speech"
                How do you add/remove apps from the Apps line on the Home screen?
                I don't like the Youtube app 2.01.4 (system installed) and I can't uninstall it...I much prefer the nicer looking older Youtube app 1.3.8 where I can select video quality as well...but it won't let me install it !!
                On the plus side, I have switched on/off several times and the ATV seems fairly stable.
                Last edited by legnosecco; 10-11-2017, 04:53.

Comment

So..

I received my box. The rom is 20170829... I opened it... and (no) "surprise" : Samsung KLMAG1JENB - B041, batches SEC 713.

I followed the advice of wrxtasy , return to sender, and refund !
                  I will look elsewhere.

Thanks!
                  S805 MK808B-plus (alive & rocks on LE), S905X T95X (on U2+ mod rom ATV 7.1) and maybe later a S905x M8S Pro+...

Comment

I never get any winning numbers :-( and I've done it again with this box:-

Comment

Amazon are very good with returns, if I bought mine from Amazon I would return it for a replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffers View Post

Amazon are very good with returns, if I bought mine from Amazon I would return it for a replacement.
                        If you have bought from Amazon directly and not from 3rd party.

Comment

Originally posted by Kazan View Post

If you have bought from Amazon directly and not from 3rd party.
                          I would still try if the item was supplied by third party, as Amazon will still have some responsibility and are normally very reasonable

The Amazon return policy in UK is here, but for bucks you probably need the USA equivalent, the important thing is to get the claim started witin 30 days:- https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/orc/retu...rl_ret_hp?fg=1

I bought mine direct from China at $25

Comment

Originally posted by NicoLabidouille View Post
                            So..
                            I received my box. The rom is 20170829... I opened it... and (no) "surprise" : Samsung KLMAG1JENB - B041, batches SEC 713.
                            Originally posted by Jeffers View Post
                            I bought mine direct from China at $25
                            Can you tell us the seller of you box, and date of order ?

It can be interesting to know where to buy and where NOT to buy.
                            If we can determinate from which seller we can have a good box, orders could be more safe !

Comment

Originally posted by StarDreamer View Post

Can you tell us the seller of you box, and date of order ?

It can be interesting to know where to buy and where NOT to buy.
                              If we can determinate from which seller we can have a good box, orders could be more safe !
                              My understanding is that it is a manufacturing fault, not a supplier fault and it sounds like boxes ordered now are being shipped with a different eMMC

Comment

Working...
                              X