H96 MAX X2 Amlogic S905X2 Android 8.1 4/32GB Dual Band WiFi Fast LAN BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chenrp View Post
    i flash only via SD as i can't recognize the box in my pc.
    i see that it is a common problem and for now i am using T95 rom.
    Buy a usb male to male cable and you probably fix your issue like i said!
    And if not recognised by the pc you must install properly the tool's drivers!

Comment

i have two cables Male to Male but nothing

Comment

Originally posted by chenrp View Post
        i have two cables Male to Male but nothing
        It's not the cables...
        You must clean your pc well with ccleaner or a similar app and reinstall latest 2.1.7.3 usb burning tool :
        USB_Burning_Tool_v2.1.7.3.zip (http://freaktab.org/693ba67a9b3e3236) (8.03 МB) source: 4PDA.ru (http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=766306&view=findpost&p=89418469)

and if you have windows 10 you must Disable Driver Signature Verification first and after go for the instalation of the usb tool + drivers!

Good luck!

Comment

Hi Guys

I tried unsuccessfully to flash my H96 MAX X2 with the HK1 image that people were recommending.
          At first it failed 3 times with this error: [0x10401001]Romcode/Bl2_Boot stage Error.

I read on another thread on here that someone else had this issue and unchecked Erase Bootloader and it worked, so I tried it.
          Well it burnt successfully, but now I am stuck with the red light only when powered and will not boot. I have also tried with TWRP recovery but it is still stuck on the red light.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Regards
          shaft

Comment

Hi Guys

I tried to add a post to this thread about a bricked H96 MAX, but my post has been pending approval since last night. Are there any Admins around at all?

**Thanks for your help RISCy Dude, absolutely no need to apologise!
            Last edited by shaft65; 11-15-2019, 12:17.

Comment

• RISCy Dude
              RISCy Dude commented
              Editing a comment
              Sorry for the delay. We are around but sometimes otherwise involved.

For owners of the 4GB DDR4 version, this is the best rom I've used:
            https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sxf...LFPGt_qD6/view

The rom was posted at 4pda, but I don't know exactly the origin or who made it.??  All I know is segej at 4pda posted it in the h96 max x2 thread and said it works for our box (again 4GB DDR4 version) so ignore the filename.??  Notification shade and navigation bar is included and everything works from what I can tell.??  It seems to be a Beelink GT-1 mini port to the HK1 Play, but again everything seems to work for this box, including wifi etc.

Flash the img with USB Burning Tool.

edit: apparently this rom prompts for updates from the original manufacturer, and since this rom is not natively made for our box, ignore any update prompts.  Do not install any OTA updates.
            Last edited by rahzel; 11-15-2019, 01:51.

Comment

Originally posted by shaft65 View Post
              Hi Guys

I tried unsuccessfully to flash my H96 MAX X2 with the HK1 image that people were recommending.
              At first it failed 3 times with this error: [0x10401001]Romcode/Bl2_Boot stage Error.

I read on another thread on here that someone else had this issue and unchecked Erase Bootloader and it worked, so I tried it.
              Well it burnt successfully, but now I am stuck with the red light only when powered and will not boot. I have also tried with TWRP recovery but it is still stuck on the red light.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Regards
              shaft
              If it's not showing on your pc when you connecting it then you should try the short pin ''trick'' to bring it back to life!

Comment

Originally posted by rahzel View Post

The rom was posted at 4pda, but I don't know exactly the origin or who made it.? All I know is segej at 4pda posted it in the h96 max x2 thread and said it works for our box (again 4GB DDR4 version) so ignore the filename.? Notification shade and navigation bar is included and everything works from what I can tell.? It seems to be a Beelink GT-1 mini port to the HK1 Play, but again everything seems to work for this box, including wifi etc.

I installed the rom you suggested and yes it seems very good (as I already own beelink GT1 2/16 the look of it is very familiar to me).
                My only question is that the 1st time I flashed the rom and before I was able to choose (language etc) it downloaded an update (security dated 8/11/2019 aroun 500MB) and asked me if I wanted to install it immediately or later.I made the mistake and answered immediately so then it went to recovery (TWRP) and somehow it kept going there even if I restarted the box.
                So I reflashed the rom and again it asked me about the update, only this time I answered "later".Everything seems to work OK now, but I cannot find this update anymore.
                Under information there are "Model GT1-Mini" "Version 9" "Security of Android 5 August 2018" "Kernel 4.9.113 #1 Tue May21 21:32:18 CST2019" "unknown".
                Do you have installed an update or not (and how)?

Comment

Originally posted by ath156 View Post

I installed the rom you suggested and yes it seems very good (as I already own beelink GT1 2/16 the look of it is very familiar to me).
                  My only question is that the 1st time I flashed the rom and before I was able to choose (language etc) it downloaded an update (security dated 8/11/2019 aroun 500MB) and asked me if I wanted to install it immediately or later.I made the mistake and answered immediately so then it went to recovery (TWRP) and somehow it kept going there even if I restarted the box.
                  So I reflashed the rom and again it asked me about the update, only this time I answered "later".Everything seems to work OK now, but I cannot find this update anymore.
                  Under information there are "Model GT1-Mini" "Version 9" "Security of Android 5 August 2018" "Kernel 4.9.113 #1 Tue May21 21:32:18 CST2019" "unknown".
                  Do you have installed an update or not (and how)?
                  Not sure to be honest.??  sergej didn't say anything, he simply posted the rom.??  When I installed I didn't get any update prompts.

Since this appears to be a port or custom rom, it would probably wise not to install the update.

Here is the post sergej linked to:? http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showt...#entry90733421

Russian is not my native language and I cannot make an account there to ask.

So wladkot is the person who appears to have made this port for the HK1 Play, and it seems to be a port of a custom rom for the x96 max, made by RequeLineRequeLine states to not update the box if you are prompted to.

What confuses me is AFAIK, the HK1 Play and H96 Max X2 are not the same device, so I dunno why this firmware/rom works for our box.  All I know is this rom is the best I've used so far and everything appears to work.  Just ignore any update prompts I guess.

edit: why do I keep posting weird ascii characters??  how do stop this?

Comment

• RISCy Dude
                    RISCy Dude commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Not sure about the ascii characters. Curious, are you using a VPN?

RISCy Dude no I'm not on a vpn.  I don't see these ascii characters when I type the message, but they appear when I submit the message.

I do see ascii characters in the 'type your message' box when I hit the enter key.  This is what I see when I hit enter:

Comment

Im using this sergej rom, gt king for h96 max x2. To me it works fine.  https://yadi.sk/d/d3v8ZRR_wTYFIg

Comment

Originally posted by rahzel View Post

The rom was posted at 4pda, but I don't know exactly the origin or who made it.??? All I know is segej at 4pda posted it in the h96 max x2 thread and said it works for our box (again 4GB DDR4 version) so ignore the filename.??? Notification shade and navigation bar is included and everything works from what I can tell.??? It seems to be a Beelink GT-1 mini port to the HK1 Play, but again everything seems to work for this box, including wifi etc.

edit: apparently this rom prompts for updates from the original manufacturer, and since this rom is not natively made for our box, ignore any update prompts.? Do not install any OTA updates.
                      Link is not working please check

Comment

Originally posted by sseleraci View Post
                        Im using this? sergej rom, gt king for h96 max x2. To me it works fine. ? https://yadi.sk/d/d3v8ZRR_wTYFIg
                        Yeah this is what I was using prior to the one I linked to.  It is also a very good rom.  The only issue is certain fullscreen apps launch in portrait mode.  This is easily fixed by modifying the build.prop/auto-rotate to force landscape.

I also like this rom because it already includes the launcher I use (square home launcher).  I'm still debating which I like more.  They are both very good though.

Originally posted by rjsona View Post

It's working for me.

Comment

Originally posted by rjsona View Post

Link is working!! Just ignore any message and press "download".
                          The GT king rom is android 9 or 8.1 ??????

Comment

Originally posted by ath156 View Post

Link is working!! Just ignore any message and press "download".
                            The GT king rom is android 9 or 8.1 ??????
                            9.  Sergej somehow ported this rom to our box: https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...-9-0-pie-s922x

Comment

Working...
                            X