Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Beelink GT1 / Alfawise S92 TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 6.0)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mean I like it hidden.
    but some apps give me notifications that I must press to open the app.
    One of them give me notification to update it and I can't without notification bar.

Is there anyway that I can do (system modification) to unhide it? and hide it again?

sorry for bad english :\

Comment

Originally posted by nodymoha View Post
      Is there anyway that I can do (system modification) to unhide it? and hide it again?
      Well, not something you could do yourself. However, I have considered changing the underlying SystemUI code to hide the notification bar with the navigation bar. So, if you drag your mouse into the window to show the navigation bar, it would also reveal the notification bar. Dismissing it with the chevrons (>>) would hide both again.

The problem is that the SystemUI code has seen a lot of churn in the OEMs. For example, the Beelink navigation bar (coded by Netzeon?) behaves slightly differently than the stock Amlogic one.

Comment

Hi, Magendanz. Firstly, thank you for creating this excellent ROM. It makes using a Beelink GT1 much more enjoyable. I had a chance to try out this software earlier today and while it is quite impressive, there are some noticeable differences between it and the Google Nexus Player that I use as my primary device.

1) The home screen's preview windows at the top and the app banners are smaller than they are on a real Android TV device. Also, the apps row extends continuously on your ROM compared to the 10 apps per row on my Nexus Player. Can you adjust these things for better visibility?

2) On your ROM, the YouTube for Android TV app (which is better with Xposed Framework & YouTube AdAway) does not play 720p and 1080p videos at 60 frames per second but rather at 30 FPS. A couple of example clips are at https://youtu.be/UceRgEyfSsc and https://youtu.be/00lCoGWxbt4. I think that the original Beelink GT1 software spoofs a certified Android device to play them at 60 FPS.

3) The CBS News for Android TV app (v1.0.4) displays an inch or two of the menu background below the the live stream. This doesn't happen on my Nexus Player, though. Can you try it out and see if you experience the same thing?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...news.ott&hl=en

By the way, it *is* possible to play Netflix videos in HD on some non-certified Android devices (including the Beelink GT1) when using a modified version of the mobile app. See https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...-1-l1-t3535349 for more details.
        Last edited by GNex5; 03-06-2017, 06:32.

Comment

Thanks for the thoughtful feedback, GNex5!

Most of the visual issues you're seeing are due to the fact that I kept the display density of the original ROM (240dpi), rather than switching to the Android TV default of 320dpi. The original rationale were compatibility issues with the navigation bar in SystemUI.apk and usability of tablet apps like File Manager and Terminal, but now that I've switched to the Nexus Player (Fugu) version of that APK you can set the display density to pretty much whatever you like without fear of crashing. Just enable Root Access in File Manager and change the "ro.sf.lcd_density" property in the /system/build.prop file. You can tune it to taste, but I recommend you stick to the standard densities defined in the Android SDK here. Generally, I've found best results with 240dpi, 300dpi or 320dpi. I expect this will clear up the CBS News display issue too.

As for customizing the number of rows and groups, those are defined in the AtvCustomization app. I've included the same version that shipped with the Nexus Player in 6.0.1, but that won't be the same that you see in Nougat builds. Unfortunately, we have no Amlogic SDK 7.0 yet, and Nougat builds won't happen until that's available.

As for the video performance, I've kept the stock OEM kernel and most of the default video and audio codec settings, but you should feel free to try to tweak those while in the build.prop file. If you find something that works better, please let me know. I'm also talking with Superceleron, who has done quite a bit of work on kernel performance enhancements. Hopefully, I can learn a thing or two from him on the subject.

Finally, I'm glad to hear that some creative hacker has found a solution for Netflix HD. One of the design goals of the PureNexus experiment, however, is to stick with the minimal number of OEM and third-party apps to preserve the Nexus feel that Google intended. I encourage folks to sideload whatever they like (which is why I included Chrome and the open-source App Drawer and File Manager), but I'm not going to include a hacked third-party app in the custom ROM. Frankly, I just don't want to get sued. :-)

Update: One other reason I kept the native 240dpi is that the AOSP keyboard looks like crap at 320dpi. Eventually, we'll get the LeanbackIME working well, but to do that we're going to have to extricate some AOSP keyboard dependencies in the DroidLogic system control that Amlogic uses.
          Last edited by Guest; 03-06-2017, 08:15.

Comment

Originally posted by GNex5 View Post
            By the way, it *is* possible to play Netflix videos in HD on some non-certified Android devices (including the Beelink GT1) when using a modified version of the mobile app. See https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...-1-l1-t3535349 for more details.
            I have that apps and i can tell you its BS.......

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
              Thanks for the thoughtful feedback, GNex5!

Most of the visual issues you're seeing are due to the fact that I kept the display density of the original ROM (240dpi), rather than switching to the Android TV default of 320dpi. The original rationale were compatibility issues with the navigation bar in SystemUI.apk and usability of tablet apps like File Manager and Terminal, but now that I've switched to the Nexus Player (Fugu) version of that APK you can set the display density to pretty much whatever you like without fear of crashing. Just enable Root Access in File Manager and change the "ro.sf.lcd_density" property in the /system/build.prop file. You can tune it to taste, but I recommend you stick to the standard densities defined in the Android SDK here. Generally, I've found best results with 240dpi, 300dpi or 320dpi. I expect this will clear up the CBS News display issue too.
              I'm happy to report that changing the DPI value to 320 and restarting the device worked beautifully. Yes, the on-screen AOSP keyboard looks unusual but that's not a major concern to me. The CBS News live stream now has a gap on the right side of the screen instead of the bottom. Apparently there's a v1.0.5 update of that app which was released last month with bug fixes but I'm in Canada and APKPure only offers v1.0.4 at this time.

UPDATE: This "gap on the right side of the screen" bug also affects all of the Pluto TV channels when viewed through the Live Channels app.

As for customizing the number of rows and groups, those are defined in the AtvCustomization app. I've included the same version that shipped with the Nexus Player in 6.0.1, but that won't be the same that you see in Nougat builds. Unfortunately, we have no Amlogic SDK 7.0 yet, and Nougat builds won't happen until that's available.
              I still have Android TV 6.0.1 MOB30W installed on my Nexus Player. System updates were deliberately disabled on it because I'd rather have Xposed Framework compatibility and YouTube AdAway instead of the newest OS. Are you saying there's a setting I can change in your ROM to enable multiple rows? If you can provide any more details on where the file is and how it can be accessed, I may try this.

UPDATE: This ROM's home screen apps section *does* use multiple rows when at least 16 apps are on there. Perhaps this is normal behavior after all.

As for the video performance, I've kept the stock OEM kernel and most of the default video and audio codec settings, but you should feel free to try to tweak those while in the build.prop file. If you find something that works better, please let me know. I'm also talking with Superceleron, who has done quite a bit of work on kernel performance enhancements. Hopefully, I can learn a thing or two from him on the subject.
              I figured out the solution to enable 720p60 and 1080p60 playback in YouTube with your ROM. In order to do this, I compared the build.prop file between my Nexus Player and the Beelink GT1 and made two changes: ro.product.manufacturer was changed from Amlogic to Asus and ro.product.model was changed from Beelink GT1 to Nexus Player. I only changed those lines because that's where the device ID is pulled from and shown in the Xposed Framework log. You should consider making these the default values or mentioning this in your original post because 60 FPS playback in YouTube is very nice to have. I wonder if different values (such as those from an NVIDIA Shield TV) might enable 4K playback but I don't have the hardware to test that.

Finally, I'm glad to hear that some creative hacker has found a solution for Netflix HD. One of the design goals of the PureNexus experiment, however, is to stick with the minimal number of OEM and third-party apps to preserve the Nexus feel that Google intended. I encourage folks to sideload whatever they like (which is why I included Chrome and the open-source App Drawer and File Manager), but I'm not going to include a hacked third-party app in the custom ROM. Frankly, I just don't want to get sued. :-)
              That's totally understandable. I didn't mean to suggest that you should include a hacked app in your custom ROM but simply that users who read this thread have the option of using it if they're interested.

Update: One other reason I kept the native 240dpi is that the AOSP keyboard looks like crap at 320dpi. Eventually, we'll get the LeanbackIME working well, but to do that we're going to have to extricate some AOSP keyboard dependencies in the DroidLogic system control that Amlogic uses.
              I definitely look forward to seeing the Leanback keyboard on your custom ROM in the future. Thanks again to you and superceleron for the brilliant work. Do you have any plans to release an Android TV ROM for the Beelink GT1 Ultimate? The only advertised hardware differences with that device are 3 GB of DDR4 RAM and 32 GB of internal storage capacity by default.

http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_60...​​
              Last edited by GNex5; 03-07-2017, 17:57.

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post

I have that apps and i can tell you its BS.......
                Why do you say that? I don't know about the 4K versions but the "Force Enable HD Only" release seems to play video in higher than 480p quality on the Beelink GT1. I can't be sure of the exact quality without playing a test clip which shows diagnostic information but neither "El Fuente" or "Example Short" come up when I search for them in Netflix Canada.

Comment

Do the test video in netflicks 1750 max so Sd.
                  Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                    Do the test video in netflicks 1750 max so Sd.
                    This why really i wish it was true but is not... is a placebo effect!

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post

This why really i wish it was true but is not... is a placebo effect!
                      I did some testing and comparisons today between Netflix on my Nexus Player and the Beelink GT1. Even with the modified Netflix mobile app, it appears that HD video is not streaming on the Beelink GT1 after all. This is disappointing but it probably explains why the newer versions of the mobile app have not been modified.
                      Last edited by GNex5; 03-06-2017, 19:44.

Comment

I have A912 chip, so I tried to install the full burn packages and all is done ok, but because I need to install also "AP6255 UPDATE in TWRP" here I have stopped!!! Because I cannot reboot into recovery, setup player because wifi is not ok, and I don't know what I need to do to update with TWRP

Comment

Originally posted by crusades View Post
                          I have A912 chip, so I tried to install the full burn packages and all is done ok, but because I need to install also "AP6255 UPDATE in TWRP" here I have stopped!!! Because I cannot reboot into recovery, setup player because wifi is not ok, and I don't know what I need to do to update with TWRP
                          Just put the updater (.zip file) on a flash drive or SD card, open Terminal Emulator and type "reboot recovery" to enter TWRP, select Install, select your source disk, and then select the updater. It should update the files necessary for your AP6255 wireless chipset to function.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
                            Just put the updater (.zip file) on a flash drive or SD card, open Terminal Emulator and type "reboot recovery" to enter TWRP, select Install, select your source disk, and then select the updater. It should update the files necessary for your AP6255 wireless chipset to function.
                            sorry, with my stupid question... but after reboot I will stop at first screen on your ROM, than in windows, adb folder I ope command and digit "adb shell", but nothing, or "adb devices" but any devices found... I can proceed?

Comment

Originally posted by crusades View Post
                              ...but after reboot I will stop at first screen on your ROM, than in windows, adb folder I ope command and digit "adb shell", but nothing, or "adb devices" but any devices found... I can proceed?
                              No need to use adb. Just attach a USB keyboard and mouse to access shell from the Terminal Emulator.

Comment

is this ROM will run on alfawise S92?

regards,
                                kabise

Comment

Working...
                                X